What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. GuestWho101

GuestWho101 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. GuestWho101

GuestWho101 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Thanks, Gary! Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday :thumbsup:. What's for dinner :)?

TonySal likes this.
  3. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Great Stuff. They are after all tools and implements, made to be used. There is just something about a user, to me they look like they are supposed to. Some of the photos on the forum of users just look fantastic.:thumbsup:

4. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Hope you all have a good week, and take care. Stockman getting a run today.:)
    [​IMG]

5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is a Chinese Schrade 18OT Mighty Mite linerlock:
    18OT.mark.Vflat.log.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is, coincidentally, a Peanut, a Case stag model:
    stag.nut.pile.Vmain.pond.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is another Chinese Schrade, the 19OT LandShark, but I call mine LambShark:
    19OT.mark.Vopen.stonewall.jpg

- GT

6. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    The Tonic Water crisis is over.
    [​IMG]

Reaper AL, Spaten, chuck4570 and 25 others like this.
  7. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    This bog oak has some really wild variations. I love it.

96F69DE8-32B7-42F5-9176-A2011543CE2D_1_105_c.jpeg B5F8B8C9-6D43-4291-8A4A-686F3572E9BC_1_105_c.jpeg

8. Kloeshuman

Kloeshuman

Oct 4, 2015
    I have a little Bear knife in my pocket
    Cant seem to post pics

9. Hibou Canne

Hibou Canne Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Happy sunday. ATB
    [​IMG]

10. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Lazy Sunday in October front porch carry. [​IMG]

11. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    JJ, what year is the Soldier? That one is the only knife that currently occupies my short list...:eek:

chuck4570, JJ Cahill and Cutfinger like this.
  12. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    That is a wonderful find, with honest-to-goodness pocket worn bone. :thumbsup:
    :p
    Thanks!

TonySal, chuck4570 and sitflyer like this.
  13. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Bog Oak has always intrigued me, never seen it in person. How does it feel in the hand, and is there a more common wood you can compare it to?:thumbsup:

chuck4570 and EngrSorenson like this.
  14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I'm sure how high the polish is taken makes a difference, but it seems very similar to ebony in the two I have. The biggest difference is that variations are in color as well as texture, but the wood is still pretty dense and hard (unlike old barn chestnut, where you can feel the grains and even mark up the wood with your nail). I don't notice the texture differences without pressing my thumb or fingers over the grains. In hand it feels about like other woods.

chuck4570 likes this.
  15. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Went with a thrifty pair today while doing a variety of handy man projects at my daughters house. Large Kissing Crane and a Imperial Ireland with a punch.
    thrifty - 1.jpeg

Reaper AL, TonySal, Spaten and 29 others like this.
  16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I love everything about your old Boker. The acquisition, the history, the cleanup, and that old congress itself.

What a beautiful 49 year old Case!

Love the Utica, Steve!
    What a nice old Camillus. And to echo Paul, great bone!
    Nice Wengers! If I’m not mistaken, the Eddie Bauer is the Backpacker II. Correct?

Been a great fall day. Took time out ftom tending the smoker and hitting the like button in some great knife pics, to go snag some arugula, spinach, green onions, and beets for our salad. I decided to bring in all of the onions, because I’m expecting the dreaded “F” word soon. We had a frost last week that ended our long run of fresh yellow wax beans every night.
    Have a great evening!
    D6564AD5-E7A3-4B30-BA9D-CEB97BC0212D.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Reaper AL, TonySal, sunknife and 32 others like this.
  17. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
  18. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    :thumbsup::)

chuck4570 likes this.
  19. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    r8shell, thanks, and I feel lucky to have found it! I was not much of a looker at that time, but the shield spoke to me...
    Thanks, it was a couple years back when I got it, It was gently cleaned with mineral oil and WD40, nothing agressive at all. If you click on the photo's they will expand to full size and you can clearly see where at some point a file had been used on the blades, perhaps to sharpen them?

I love to just fondle and admire this one, the color of the bone, the deep patina of the blades and springs, and sometimes imagine it can be heard telling stories of a not too distant time past...

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I totally agree 100%. :cool::thumbsup:

My favorite Stockman pattern. :cool::thumbsup:

chuck4570 likes this.