What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Another day in the house.
2G9HPsK.jpg

Alox of the Week is a Vic Farmer (thanks, Tom):
farmer.silver.mark.2open.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Tinker:
tinker.open.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Marbles Workman scout knife (doesn't actually have a bail, but it OUGHT to):
scout.mark.open.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a knife my daughter bought for me in the workshop of Mariano Zamarano, a famous Toledo, Spain knife/sword maker, but it's actually just a production Nieto climber with curly birch handle to which Zamarano added his blade etch. Still a very nice knife, though!
mz.menger.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Stuck in the office all day:confused:

D2-ECCC0-B-D3-EE-46-FB-851-B-6024-BF85-F88-A.jpg

oIJsuTG.jpg

Camillus, Boker USA, Crosman, Imperial, Bassett.
Nice vintage lineup, Jerry!

Ron’s got it. 6207, but done in the old school cool way. Beautiful clip with a short pen blade is so much better in my opinion than the way case makes mini trappers these days.

I’ve been hunting a knife that is the same size as the 29 but slimmer and a two blade jack is a winner for me. Bingo.
View attachment 1440629
Sure looks like a winner.
You know, when it comes to traditional pocket knives, Ron~@Half/Stop has forgotten more than I will ever know!

I'm carrying this Barlow for TC Tuesday.

View attachment 1440650

Good looking knife :thumbsup:
Got mine in pocket today also. I’ve been on a Case buying spree lately but I can’t kick this one out long enough to give the others a chance. I like Barlows too much

vetx0aw.jpg

Ds8qSgk.jpg

Big fan of this one. Also, finished the crossword puzzle in under 30 today

Joe.

By the powers vested in me, I hereby designate page 8799 as a Barlow rich environment!

This post should come with a trigger warning for those of y’all who aren’t ready for the s-word yet. (I’m looking a you, 5K Qs 5K Qs and @CelloDan.) ;)

We got maybe 4 or 5 inches of the stuff today. This photo was taken after I cleared a quick path on the front deck (obviously it was still coming down). I’m really liking this little Joker (a gift from Jack Black Jack Black ; thanks again!).

ad1NbPc.jpg

I can tell you that there was at least one person who was quite happy that it was snowing. :D

PJ6R3LX.jpg

Last edited:
That's my kind of pairing, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

I think I'm going to camp out in the yard tonight and try to see some meteors (Orionids should peak tonight) might make some s'mores.
jJaxAmS.jpg

Thanks Rachel :) Great idea, hope you had a good time :) :thumbsup:

Of course I love the Lambfoot Jack but MAN take a look at the old Sheffield Jack!!! Mellow smooth bone covers, nice main blade stamp, full blades!!! she's a Beauty:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Many thanks for the kind words Paul :) :thumbsup:

Great pairing Jack! I really like that old Wheatley Brothers! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Ron, I'll have to carry it more often :) :thumbsup:

Carrying these today! Y’all be safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50509870452_e2b3e5c06c_c_d.jpg

I love that pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:

Terrific twosome Gev :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the links, I’m going to give the abrasive compound in the pivot a go before I go and butcher a beautiful knife

I like a stiff pull, but sometimes I wonder what on earth Wright's are thinking of. I can pinch open all my Lambsfoot knives, but the very last one I got from them, which was a sample, I had to use pliers to open the blade. Just flushing out all the gunk they leave in the pivot, with oil and compressed air, will make a difference, but in the case of this knife I had to smooth the corners of the tang with a file. It's OK now though, apart from the appalling mess they made of the edge o_O Good luck, I'm sure you can ease it up, without having to resort to a notch :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack; I made it out the other end!!!:D

An outstanding pair of Sheffield prowess; your Wheatley Bros. is quite the cool hombre!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to hear that buddy! :D Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

My twofer totes for today, a GEC and an LT Wright. :)

Two very cool knives there JJ, and a great pic of them. I have some old tortoiseshell, but find the acrylic just as attractive :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Farmer (thanks, Tom):
View attachment 1440817

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Tinker:
View attachment 1440818

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Marbles Workman scout knife (doesn't actually have a bail, but it OUGHT to):
View attachment 1440821

International Knife of the Week is a knife my daughter bought for me in the workshop of Mariano Zamarano, a famous Toledo, Spain knife/sword maker, but it's actually just a production Nieto climber with curly birch handle to which Zamarano added his blade etch. Still a very nice knife, though!
View attachment 1440823

- GT

The Farmer is one of my favourite SAKs Gary :) That's very cheeky of Zamarano, hope the premium for the blade-etch wasn't too high o_O I remember a once well-known English knife-maker who used to buy Brusletto blades, and then grind the etch off, before claiming them as his work. At least he hafted them himself! :rolleyes:

Looking good Taylor :) :thumbsup:

This post should come with a trigger warning for those of y’all who aren’t ready for the s-word yet. (I’m looking a you, 5K Qs 5K Qs and @CelloDan.) ;)

We got maybe 4 or 5 inches of the stuff today. This photo was taken after I cleared a quick path on the front deck (obviously it was still coming down). I’m really liking this little Joker (a gift from Jack Black Jack Black ; thanks again!).

ad1NbPc.jpg

I can tell you that there was at least one person who was quite happy that it was snowing. :D

PJ6R3LX.jpg

Your photos always give me a big grin Barrett :) Glad you're enjoying the Joker pal :) :thumbsup:

Back with my Hartshead Barlow today, and a Buck 301, gifted to me by @r8shell :) :thumbsup:

fp8SHV8.jpg

ib5K9he.jpg

Back