What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In the vain of carrying one tool around for a long time,
and satisfying my need for variety... I'm going back to a "user" group.
My daily tote will be picked from these knives, giving variety but allowing for some bonding.
You might notice that they are my favorites and I've already bonded with each one of them... my usual's.

upyQ9G5.jpg

These 2 with fall colored bones seemed appropriate for today. The leaves have been exceptionally brilliant around here this fall, a real treat to behold.
A yellow bone Winchester moose pattern and a orange bone Rough Rider stockman. I enjoy knives that hit that sweet spot in pull strength and smoothness of opening without half stops. These two fit that category nicely for me.
View attachment 1442573

This will be the last day for X-Caliber for a while.
I'm getting super bored carrying the same thing every day.
I wanted to see what it was like for past generations to just carry the same tool until it wore out.
But that's not really me (us), we have too much disposable income and it's much too fun to have some variety.
I guess to me, knives are more that just a tool. So, I want to be able switch it up as I see fit and have fun with it.

I made it about six weeks... ;)
I can understand not wanting to carry the same knife every day but I did in fact carry this one every day from when I bought it in 1961 until I retired in 2001 .

Harry

Thanks John! :) :thumbsup:

The #76 is a great knife John! In my younger years I carried my Case 6347 SS everyday for close to 25 years. I had plenty of other knives but they were in a roll and all mint. Today it would be hard for me to carry a knife for much over a week. I’ve enjoyed your six week run! :) :thumbsup:

Joshua that’s a super nice pairing my friend! :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Ron!

I assume this “full” picture was moved out of this thread by a mod because it had a Spyderco in it? BTW, I see numerous pictures in this thread that have accompanying items with the traditional knife, such as flashlights, pens etc. But I don’t see those posts being moved out of this thread into another.

Is this better?

y4Y6Fk6.jpg

Back