What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Boker & Oil Field Jack today. The Boker is a pretty recent acquisition for me and has been carried and lightly used so far. I've had the GEC since it's release but have only carried it a handful of times. Probably time I should let the new wear off the Oil Field jack and start cutting things with it. :D
Also had this fixed blade with me and used it to cut out all the leather and craft this sheath for it today.View attachment 1496450View attachment 1496451
Two awesome knives!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

it was cold, -22°C. Happy saturday
50868409717_9b9c4cc4b5_h.jpg[IMG]

Beautiful knives! I always enjoy your photos, and your choice of cigars is impeccable!

Thank you, my friend. Hard to beat a good dram, a good knife, and a good smoke - combine those with a good hound and a book and that would pretty much be heaven.

Got something new in the mailbox today. Didn't quite kick the Barlow out of the pocket so they get to share the spotlight.

H3VJcyE.jpg

Thanks. :thumbsup: I'm really impressed with the quality of both of these.
I've noticed that you're enjoying your Boker Club knife as well. :thumbsup: Hard not to like 'em isn't it.:)
Agree, it hasn’t been out of my pocket for 2 weeks. Except the time it slipped out of my pocket and into the chair!:D How do you like the ironwood?

Thanks Jeff! Fortunately it doesn't get nearly so cold here, so I'm able to work outside most of the year, if needed. Here it was in the final oil finish stages one year ago.
zTV2b95.jpg

I really need to try to play more, but at least it's nice to look at while I work on my computer all day.
qKHIipQ.jpg
Excellent work, and beautiful knife as well, my friend.

Agree, it hasn’t been out of my pocket for 2 weeks. Except the time it slipped out of my pocket and into the chair!:D How do you like the ironwood?

I like the ironwood but every time I see a pic of the Micarta I think I need one in those covers as well. I believe I'd like the Micarta more, every time I see a pic of one its a struggle not to get my wallet out and place an order. :)
I can imagine the panic you must of felt when you thought you had lost yours.:eek:

I like the ironwood but every time I see a pic of the Micarta I think I need one in those covers as well. I believe I'd like the Micarta more, every time I see a pic of one its a struggle not to get my wallet out and place an order. :)
I can imagine the panic you must of felt when you thought you had lost yours.:eek:
I know, I had a hard time remembering my PIN number when I was checking out at the hardware store!:)

At least your hand didn't seem to blister. :cool::thumbsup:

Yes, I was grateful for that John :) Fortunately, I was in the kitchen, so was able to put it under running water immediately, and then smothered it in hydrogel, and applied a proper burns dressing. It looks like there might be a little scarring, but I'm not too bothered about that (just wish I had a more interesting story) o_O :thumbsup:

Going with my Usual Lamb and a GEC Conductor to start my Stag Saturday

Great pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:

Nasty scalding of your right hand Jack. But it it makes for a nice contrast with you beautiful HHB:D. Hope it heals quickly.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1496171

Thanks Bill! :D :thumbsup:

I think I knew in the back of my empty mind that you were shutdown there. I hope you are able to get out for a hike soon, Jack.

It's hard to keep up, even here Dean :rolleyes: Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Originally picked this up as a candidate for recovering, but just haven't gotten around to finding someone to do it and it keeps slipping down the list in priority of things to do. May as well just accept it and carry it a little more often. It is a great pattern, and one of my favorites from GEC.

q5ub7gO.jpg

I think it looks great as it is Mike :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Jack!!! :)

A great knife that looks like a perfect handful, can't get much better than that!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going with a Barlow and a Scout on this chilly Saturday. :)

Many thanks JJ, fantastic combination there :) :thumbsup:

Carried these three today. Had a great mini vacation with the wife, couple days in the snow. Now back to reality, with some winter weather headed our way... finally!!!
View attachment 1496552

Glad to hear you had a great time Taylor :) :thumbsup:

it was cold, -22°C. Happy saturday
50868409717_9b9c4cc4b5_h.jpg[IMG]

That's COLD! :eek: Wonderful photo though :) :thumbsup:

Peanut-like knife this week is a Case pen knife:
View attachment 1496580

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Marbles ram's horn pruner:
View attachment 1496584

Lambsfoot this week is a stag senator pattern I've named Man Jack (thanks, Richard):
View attachment 1496590

- GT

Three smashers Gary :) :thumbsup:

Got something new in the mailbox today. Didn't quite kick the Barlow out of the pocket so they get to share the spotlight.

H3VJcyE.jpg

Very nice indeed Dylan, and it combines well with your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday folks :) Carrying this Bagpipe Ebony Lambsfoot SFO today, and a John Primble English Jack :) :thumbsup:

RRHOhXR.jpg

1Wrpv1H.jpg

Thank you, my friend. Hard to beat a good dram, a good knife, and a good smoke - combine those with a good hound and a book and that would pretty much be heaven.

H3VJcyE.jpg
Just fantastic

Peanut-like knife this week is a Case pen knife:
yelpen-mark-main2-jpg.1496580

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Marbles ram's horn pruner:
pruner-mark-open-jpg.1496584

Lambsfoot this week is a stag senator pattern I've named Man Jack (thanks, Richard):
2senator-pile-v-nov17-jpg.1496590

Another magnificent trio, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Back