What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sowbelly of the Week is a Colt "black stag" (bone) model:
View attachment 1511275

"Regular" stockman this week is a Rough Rider stag medium stockman, a sweet knife IMHO:
View attachment 1511276

Econo canoe this week is a RR Diamond Jim canoe in smooth (but pale) black bone:
View attachment 1511277

"Fancy" canoe this week is a humble RR white bone canoe that made a quantum leap in class once @r8shell decorated it for me:
View attachment 1511280
View attachment 1511279

- GT
Nice grouping you have there! They all look mighty nice. @r8shell is very talented.:)

scrimcanoe-mark-vflat-deck-jpg.1511279
That's an absolute gem that Rachel created for you. :cool::thumbsup:

Interior Alaska is getting dumped on too, but its normal for here... more or less; It was coming pretty fast while I was out plowing, for a while it was about 1" per hour... pretty socked in, faster than average.

But yeah, this is normal here, y'all down south stay as safe as ya can!!

Its actually a bit freaky, usually we get a few days of adverse weather and about 3 days later Texas will get something... weird that right now we're getting it at the same time!

Started out with just the Sodbuster today, but got the mail just before coming inside, so for a little while I had both.

wp-1613542274893.jpg

Wonderfully complimentive set there!
Makes me think I need a yellow Safari to go with my 62046.

Thank you for the information, Mike. I'll keep my eyes open.

Good luck!

I have a half whittler on that frame, 62046, and LOVE the pattern. Spent a couple years trying to snag one of the stockmans, but haven't been able to manage it... seems they're getting few and far between.

Thank you Jack!!! The covers do have that candy like appeal :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You always come up with very cool companions to your Hartheads with you Tuesday "dips"; that knife pool must be filled with very cool cutters! :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A GEC made Schrade and a firefighter Camillus are my two trappers for Tuesday. :)

Many thanks my friend, what a great-looking pair, I don't recall seeing that cool Firefighter before, but it goes well with your venerable Schrade, which I always think looks like a great carry :) :thumbsup:

TJdQcV2.jpg

Today a JJ Martinez Mariner (Plastic black scales with a white Anchor) that I re- scaled in old Oak.

Well done, that looks great :cool: :thumbsup:

Sowbelly of the Week is a Colt "black stag" (bone) model:
View attachment 1511275

"Regular" stockman this week is a Rough Rider stag medium stockman, a sweet knife IMHO:
View attachment 1511276

Econo canoe this week is a RR Diamond Jim canoe in smooth (but pale) black bone:
View attachment 1511277

"Fancy" canoe this week is a humble RR white bone canoe that made a quantum leap in class once @r8shell decorated it for me:
View attachment 1511280
View attachment 1511279

- GT

Excellent line-up Gary, but I don't think there's any doubt about the Star of the Show :cool: @r8shell 's outstanding scrimshaw makes that RR Canoe really special :cool: :thumbsup:

Carrying a @jsdistin re-built Sheffield Lambsfoot, re-covered in Cinnamon Giraffe Bone today, along with an Ivory-covered Sleeveboard by Croisdale of Leeds :thumbsup:

wSy9vJK.jpg

Cf1v4S0.jpg

Are you totin’ them all at once? :D

I have a couple of those (2015 and 2018 Pioneers). Looks like they’re changing up the patterns they’re offering this year (no more Cadet, Pioneer X instead of the Pioneer, and adding the single-blade Hunter Pro).

Thank you very much, Barrett. No, I only take one at a time !! This year it was a very bad surprise (in my opinion) to replace the pioneer with the pioneer X.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks John, I’ve only managed three models from that Winchester era.
Ya, the 85... only (with luck) for the “nice price”.

Back