What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Beaut’s !

Gus

2. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Heavenly horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

"Pleasant" is a perfect way to put it! :)

My Electrician knows I'm very fond of it, but it wonders why I don't take the kind of glamor shots you take of yours! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the info, Bruce. :) Looks like a cool piece of furniture, but must have required a lot of patience to build!

How do you like that double lock back from Rough Ryder? I often think about buying one, then remind myself that I'm not a huge fan of just a normal lockback folder. :rolleyes:

Great pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Really like that darker, richer brown on the smooth parts, compared to Case's usual lighter color bone stag! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

As Paul Simon once sang: Gee, but it's great to be back home... Just trying to keep my customers satisfied! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's one pulchritudinous pen knife, Mike!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic family heirloom, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What brand is that? Don't think I've ever seen a non-SAK 6-"blade" scout!

Another marvelous keepsake! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What brand is that old knife with the Formica countertop covers?

Congrats on the new covers! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Gotta be rare in CC, TX, Vince; be safe! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks good, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (And I've had more seasonal scenes than I can handle. :rolleyes:)

Interesting pair, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Are those old Secretaries, or new Excelsiors, or what?

Vivid Valentine's Day knives, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The bolster!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And the bone is just as outstanding as that on your recently-posted Challenge knife! :cool::cool:

:thumbsup::)

Your pallid poultry looks seriously genetically modified! :eek::rolleyes:

I think on February 1, we were more than 3 feet behind the seasonal average snowfall for that point in the winter. But I think I've shoveled snow 15 of 17 February days! :eek::thumbsdown:

Definitely Fat Tuesday, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two fine knives that I'd never heard of until I came here 7 years ago! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

3. mcc850

mcc850 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Wow thats a sweet pair. Both fantastic knives

4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Alox of the Week is a Vic Electrician (thanks, Greg):
    electrician.rock.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Recruit (thanks, a different Greg):
    recruit.closed.with.bust.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Cannon anchor knife with "coping" blade:
    coping.mark.open.jpg

International Knife this week is a John Watts ring opener (thanks, Jack):
    ringopener.pile.open.jpg

- GT

5. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  6. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks. I haven't seen a 3-layer non-SAK scout elsewhere either. It isn't marked. It has steel liners, so I wonder if it's something like a Kent or Camco. Somebody suggested Colonial, but the jigging is different from my Colonial ForestMaster of pre-shell-handle days. Maybe an Imperial? My problem with all of the above is, when did any of the above not stamp their knives? I can't even be sure it's American, because Grandpa used to go back and forth to England. He was doing well in Cleveland after a rocky start.

7. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Internet's back up. Yay! Just in time to thank everyone for their kind comments, and show the latest knife & rosemary photo:
    [​IMG]

8. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Joe

9. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Shrade, oldtimer.
    [​IMG]

10. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    GiantMouse GMF1-F

[​IMG]

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

That's a nice one :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, classic Buck, and your La Camarguais is just sublime :) :thumbsup:

Really nice work there :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

I carry an Electrician in my bag everyday, but very rarely photograph it. It's a great EDC I think :thumbsup:

Nice to see that Ring-Opener Gary, maybe I'll carry one for Metal Monday next week :) :thumbsup:

Yay! Good to have you back Rachel :) Black on white, a memorable photo :) :thumbsup:

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Forgot to post my carry! :D A couple of Old Friends :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Today’s carry

9A904515-3134-4B26-AF8A-35C226B91B27.jpeg

Warming here slightly, apparently more “stuff” on the horizon though. A great day to all.

14. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    Looks good! I went and replaced the handle on mine entirely. I feel like it could use a little more contouring - it’s a little clunky-looking - but I don’t carry it much so that’s pretty low on my list of things to do for now.
    [​IMG]

15. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Thanks. :)
    I think it's just a question of angle.
    The one underneath is a simple horn-handled lambfoot from A. Wright.
    The other is less common, it is a higonokami with an elm burr handle created by Julien Maria. (cutlery craftsman from the south of France). https://www.instagram.com/couteliermaria/

Un-Chained likes this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you, Gary. I think they are old secretaries!!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Very interesting choice, Gary!!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with this Victorinox alox old cross KL 89.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Destined For Duty :cool:

This turned up yesterday after a lengthy wait and I'm more than pleased as it's a favourite CASE pattern of mine. Since CASE has embargoed their official sellers from selling abroad it's become very difficult for me to get hold of them. :mad: I reached out to an esteemed Forum member and asked Bruce if he could get hold of one for me, which he very kindly did. Moreover, he included a gift as well :cool: but more of that in another thread;) Just great all round this knife, the Amber Bone is beautiful and after a wash&brush up it's a very snappy item! some people like to knock CASE or have had bad experiences, I don't share that, always ben pleased with them: a reasonable Traditional at a reasonable price.

Thanks, Will

[​IMG]

20. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Very good that it made it there and through customs, etc. Will - sure takes a bit of time though. For today my carry is an oldie, worn but with plenty of good life in it yet - Frontier Medium Stockman - one of my first pawn shop saves (from the junk pile) a good ten+ years ago. These are good knives, the equal of an Old Timer of the same era. OH
    [​IMG]