What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Out on the walk this afternoon.
Heavenly horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks so much—it’s really been too long. It’s just so pleasant here on the porch. —Anthony
"Pleasant" is a perfect way to put it! :)

pMDjTB4.jpg
My Electrician knows I'm very fond of it, but it wonders why I don't take the kind of glamor shots you take of yours! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you GT! The background is our greatroom coffee table, one my wife saw and bought about 17 years ago when we moved into our last house. That house is gone, but we still have the coffee table in our retirement home. The top is made from 1”x2” wood blocks laminated together. OH
Thanks for the info, Bruce. :) Looks like a cool piece of furniture, but must have required a lot of patience to build!

Came in the mail last evening so I had it in the shop all night with me.

wp-1613362694829.jpg
How do you like that double lock back from Rough Ryder? I often think about buying one, then remind myself that I'm not a huge fan of just a normal lockback folder. :rolleyes:

Have a good week folks :) Starting mine off with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Metal Monday Sleeveboard :thumbsup:

hzIt13A.jpg

3BwzaX2.jpg
Great pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today, some teardrop bone stag.
View attachment 1510348
Snowfall warnings up here, warmth and safety to everyone.
Really like that darker, richer brown on the smooth parts, compared to Case's usual lighter color bone stag! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Well, with three grand daughters, Mrs Fleschwund, and our daughter in the house, Manny the dog and I are a little outnumbered.
They all want French toast, so I’d better get busy.
Stay warm out there!View attachment 1510395
As Paul Simon once sang: Gee, but it's great to be back home... Just trying to keep my customers satisfied! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1510420
Queen Robeson MasterCraft
That's one pulchritudinous pen knife, Mike!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've never carried this knife of Grandpa's. High time. This was on his workbench. I think he'd have had a thinner spear-point in his pocket.
ZPlMLHs.jpg

He left it pretty sharp.
Fantastic family heirloom, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What brand is that? Don't think I've ever seen a non-SAK 6-"blade" scout!

I got my grandfather's knife out for a pic to post to the "worn knives" thread and it inspired me to carry my peanut today.
NEb0oyb.jpg

Y3FF7w6.jpg
Another marvelous keepsake! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What brand is that old knife with the Formica countertop covers?

This is a double tap because I posted it elsewhere but I got it back today and it’s in the pocket. It was a white bone 78 that @jsdistin recovered for me in rag micarta.
View attachment 1510474
Congrats on the new covers! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Well, I got some of the white :poop: on my car:
2CpitEi.jpg

That was about midnight, but it's still there and we are without power in 19 degree weather. :eek::mad::thumbsdown:
Gotta be rare in CC, TX, Vince; be safe! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my Case Mini Muskrat in red bone today (non-seasonal photo).

View attachment 1510573
Looks good, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (And I've had more seasonal scenes than I can handle. :rolleyes:)

Interesting pair, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Are those old Secretaries, or new Excelsiors, or what?

I grabbed these two to start out the week. :)
Vivid Valentine's Day knives, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments on the Challenge bullet end. Totin this Keen Kutter some today.
GNkv6Bo.jpg
The bolster!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And the bone is just as outstanding as that on your recently-posted Challenge knife! :cool::cool:

I'll gladly bear that honorific!
:thumbsup::)

just wanted to get this in for Micarta Monday... a Dave Beck Green River knife.
He's my favorite maker of fixed blades; this one in particular is a rare bird... as rare as an albino peacock--but we have one of those too...

PzTcbrPl.jpg

935jNnBl.jpg
Your pallid poultry looks seriously genetically modified! :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks, GT. I feel like I haven’t had to shovel too much snow this year. (Normally I have to level off the top of the snow pile next to the driveway when it gets difficult to throw snow over the top of it, but I haven’t had to do that this year. Of course, winter isn’t over. :D)
I think on February 1, we were more than 3 feet behind the seasonal average snowfall for that point in the winter. But I think I've shoveled snow 15 of 17 February days! :eek::thumbsdown:

My Random Tuesday lucky dip has blessed me with a Double Lambsfoot Day! :p :) :cool: :D :thumbsup:

mgFQ2yh.jpg

pdIErJ0.jpg
Definitely Fat Tuesday, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

today763.jpg

Higo & lambfoot, small, discreet but effective knives for an outing in the city
Two fine knives that I'd never heard of until I came here 7 years ago! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Alox of the Week is a Vic Electrician (thanks, Greg):
electrician.rock.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Recruit (thanks, a different Greg):
recruit.closed.with.bust.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Cannon anchor knife with "coping" blade:
coping.mark.open.jpg

International Knife this week is a John Watts ring opener (thanks, Jack):
ringopener.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Fantastic family heirloom, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What brand is that? Don't think I've ever seen a non-SAK 6-"blade" scout!
Thanks. I haven't seen a 3-layer non-SAK scout elsewhere either. It isn't marked. It has steel liners, so I wonder if it's something like a Kent or Camco. Somebody suggested Colonial, but the jigging is different from my Colonial ForestMaster of pre-shell-handle days. Maybe an Imperial? My problem with all of the above is, when did any of the above not stamp their knives? I can't even be sure it's American, because Grandpa used to go back and forth to England. He was doing well in Cleveland after a rocky start.

Very elegant, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

A few first editions of Frost, some steel, and wood for this Wednesday...
SbKSAZrl.jpg

That's a nice one :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jack!!!

Two ravishing Sheffield beauties for you today, both with exotic and beautiful covers; your Croisdale Sleeveboard certainly has that cool "golden age" look to it, as well! :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two wood covered lock backs today; a Le Camarguais from the South of France and a good old Buck 112. :)

Many thanks JJ, classic Buck, and your La Camarguais is just sublime :) :thumbsup:

Today a Svord Peasant.

dEeiCBC.jpg

Blade shape altered, handles shaped & smoothed, rubber washer/spacer crushed between end bolt......... As they come they really need finishing.
With the blade adjusted to wedges into the handle when closed & stood up in my pocket with the fob hanging out it has never opened, it's been carried quite a bit over the past few years. Steel takes a great edge.

Thanks for the kind comments, glad you all like it. :thumbsup::)

Really nice work there :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1511950

View attachment 1511953

View attachment 1511949

View attachment 1511955

- GT

I carry an Electrician in my bag everyday, but very rarely photograph it. It's a great EDC I think :thumbsup:

Nice to see that Ring-Opener Gary, maybe I'll carry one for Metal Monday next week :) :thumbsup:

Internet's back up. Yay! Just in time to thank everyone for their kind comments, and show the latest knife & rosemary photo:
ydYEXR9.jpg

Yay! Good to have you back Rachel :) Black on white, a memorable photo :) :thumbsup:

Today a Svord Peasant.

dEeiCBC.jpg

Blade shape altered, handles shaped & smoothed, rubber washer/spacer crushed between end bolt......... As they come they really need finishing.
With the blade adjusted to wedges into the handle when closed & stood up in my pocket with the fob hanging out it has never opened, it's been carried quite a bit over the past few years. Steel takes a great edge.

Thanks for the kind comments, glad you all like it. :thumbsup::)
Looks good! I went and replaced the handle on mine entirely. I feel like it could use a little more contouring - it’s a little clunky-looking - but I don’t carry it much so that’s pretty low on my list of things to do for now.

Heavenly horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

"Pleasant" is a perfect way to put it! :)

My Electrician knows I'm very fond of it, but it wonders why I don't take the kind of glamor shots you take of yours! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the info, Bruce. :) Looks like a cool piece of furniture, but must have required a lot of patience to build!

How do you like that double lock back from Rough Ryder? I often think about buying one, then remind myself that I'm not a huge fan of just a normal lockback folder. :rolleyes:

Really like that darker, richer brown on the smooth parts, compared to Case's usual lighter color bone stag! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

As Paul Simon once sang: Gee, but it's great to be back home... Just trying to keep my customers satisfied! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's one pulchritudinous pen knife, Mike!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another marvelous keepsake! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What brand is that old knife with the Formica countertop covers?

Congrats on the new covers! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Gotta be rare in CC, TX, Vince; be safe! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks good, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (And I've had more seasonal scenes than I can handle. :rolleyes:)

Interesting pair, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Are those old Secretaries, or new Excelsiors, or what?

Vivid Valentine's Day knives, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The bolster!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And the bone is just as outstanding as that on your recently-posted Challenge knife! :cool::cool:

:thumbsup::)

Your pallid poultry looks seriously genetically modified! :eek::rolleyes:

I think on February 1, we were more than 3 feet behind the seasonal average snowfall for that point in the winter. But I think I've shoveled snow 15 of 17 February days! :eek::thumbsdown:

Two fine knives that I'd never heard of until I came here 7 years ago! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks. :)
I think it's just a question of angle.
The one underneath is a simple horn-handled lambfoot from A. Wright.
The other is less common, it is a higonokami with an elm burr handle created by Julien Maria. (cutlery craftsman from the south of France). https://www.instagram.com/couteliermaria/

electrician-rock-jpg.1511950

recruit-closed-with-bust-jpg.1511953

coping-mark-open-jpg.1511949

ringopener-pile-open-jpg.1511955

Very interesting choice, Gary!!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Destined For Duty :cool:

This turned up yesterday after a lengthy wait and I'm more than pleased as it's a favourite CASE pattern of mine. Since CASE has embargoed their official sellers from selling abroad it's become very difficult for me to get hold of them. :mad: I reached out to an esteemed Forum member and asked Bruce if he could get hold of one for me, which he very kindly did. Moreover, he included a gift as well :cool: but more of that in another thread;) Just great all round this knife, the Amber Bone is beautiful and after a wash&brush up it's a very snappy item! some people like to knock CASE or have had bad experiences, I don't share that, always ben pleased with them: a reasonable Traditional at a reasonable price.

Thanks, Will

Y3OOjRR.jpg

Very good that it made it there and through customs, etc. Will - sure takes a bit of time though. For today my carry is an oldie, worn but with plenty of good life in it yet - Frontier Medium Stockman - one of my first pawn shop saves (from the junk pile) a good ten+ years ago. These are good knives, the equal of an Old Timer of the same era. OH
Frontier-4131-ca-1975-1.jpg

Back