What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Jack Black

Gold Member
1950's SAK and EO ebony Boy's knife today.
TkjPmK.jpg

g23TQo.jpg

Those two go together well Paul :cool: I wish Victorinox still used that style of punch :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack and compliment back at you my friend on your duo, I love the HHB and the honest wear it shows, I too really like your Enzo:thumbsup::cool:

Thank you for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

You’ll know when it gets here ;)

:cool: :thumbsup:

For micarta Monday
VMZ7O4e.jpg

That looks like @pertinux blue! :cool: :) Such a shame she's no longer a member here :( :thumbsup:

A couple of vintage Sheffield folders for me today. The pipe knife is really neat - an enclosed, 3-spring design. All three tools have excellent snap and the pipe scraper and poker are some of the nicer ones I've seen on pipe tools - they are usually pretty cheaply made.

DY0vlY2.jpg

Dawes & Ball Pipe Tools were the bee's knees Dylan :cool: Is there a 'Clifton' mark on the frame? Wonderful Wostenholm Lambsfoot buddy :cool: :) :thumbsup:

These 2 today :

Harry

Handsome pair Harry :) :thumbsup:

Carrying my large Rosewood Lambsfoot today, and a Random Tuesday Antonini Old Bear :thumbsup:

Cs8EqUE.jpg

scrteened porch

Gold Member
Thank you, fellas!

A couple of vintage Sheffield folders for me today. The pipe knife is really neat - an enclosed, 3-spring design. All three tools have excellent snap and the pipe scraper and poker are some of the nicer ones I've seen on pipe tools - they are usually pretty cheaply made.

DY0vlY2.jpg
That looks like an unusually well built pipe tool.

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
I’m going to tote this pair for a few days!
647851CF-3C21-44B9-83EB-A5BF62DA30C3.jpeg 2E5C2821-5194-4474-9FC6-8C957C2D628A.jpeg
The 6308 Whittler is an eight dot, 1972.
The Victorinox Fisherman was a Christmas gift from my best wife many years ago, and it was carried daily~and used for much more than fishing~ for a long time. Yesterday, some of you were posting hopeful pics of fly rods, which made me jump on that idea. Maybe this will help bring it.
When I wade my local river for smallmouth, I leave everything behind except this stainless SAK. I confess that the scissors is the most used tool.
Last year, I regretted not having a camera, because I caught two 20” bass on consecutive casts at my favorite cut bank. I’m just afraid of damage, because even though there’s almost a mile of knee deep wading, there are a couple of chest deep places to get through.
The one time I cut across the fields to get there, I came home literally crawling with ticks, so wading it is!
Have a great Tuesday!

Last edited:

5K Qs

Gold Member
A different set of knives rotated in yesterday for a week of carry, and I'll post them this week in a different order than I typically do, since the weather has finally broken (above freezing on Sunday for the first time in a couple of weeks :thumbsup::)).

Lambsfoot of the Week is Cracker Jack, my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO from 2018:
CJ.pile.Vopen.box.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week (in addition to Cracker Jack ;)) is a Joker horn lockback:
hornLB.mark.Vopen.jpg

Peanut of the Week is a Remington with wood covers:
rem.peanut.mark.closed.1.jpg

- GT