What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today, some 3 3/8 Queen-S&M orange bone.
View attachment 1515137
A great day to all.
Had multiple Blade Forums issues last night: nonstandard login screen, Search function was "dead", no box at bottom of page into which I could enter a new post, but I could read new posts made by others.
The quote above was really just an experiment to see if I could reply to a post (I could quote it but not enter any text of my own, nor could I edit it).
But the knife IS a very attractive "cigar" whittler! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

(After a couple of computer restarts, BF seems to be back to normal for me.)

- GT

Last edited:
HuL9OGc.jpg

Today a big JJ Martinez "Cabritera". 4" blade 9" OA.
:thumbsup:Nice Cabritera! Just the right size at 9 inches.
I like the Cabritera/Cevenol pattern.

Last edited:
Your Calf Roper looks really nice! I remember, and it was only about a year ago, there were still tortoise calf ropers on a few dealers shelves. Man, how I regret not picking one up!:confused:
I share that same regret. That regret has made me wonder a few times if I shouldn’t try one of the few GECs that are still sitting on shelves today. I went through with one of those maybe I should just try it thoughts last summer, picked up the 81 moose and ended up being very happy.

Last edited:
I share that same regret. That regret has wondered a few times if I shouldn’t try one of the few GECs that are still sitting on shelves today. I went through with one of those maybe I should just try it thoughts last summer, picked up the 81 moose and ended up being very happy.
:D I did the same thing, pick up a 81 in green jigged bone, haven’t carried it much yet but it is a really nice knife. Glad you are enjoying yours!:thumbsup:

A different set of knives rotated in yesterday for a week of carry, and I'll post them this week in a different order than I typically do, since the weather has finally broken (above freezing on Sunday for the first time in a couple of weeks :thumbsup::)).

Lambsfoot of the Week is Cracker Jack, my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO from 2018:
View attachment 1515194

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week (in addition to Cracker Jack ;)) is a Joker horn lockback:
View attachment 1515195

Peanut of the Week is a Remington with wood covers:
View attachment 1515197

- GT

Titanic trio Gary :) :thumbsup:

Albers Jack and a Voos Arrow

k57NJdB.jpg

Those two pair well Steve :cool: :thumbsup:

If I was going out today...
F60B57F7-C73E-4E1F-81DC-18D61A5A6E31.jpeg

...You'd be very well-heeled! :) ;) :thumbsup:

I’ve been away for a couple of months, just busy with life, and have greatly missed our community. I hope to be around a lot more often going forward. I usually pair a small fixed blade with a utility folder each day, however this LionSteel Gitano has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. I love the lines and aesthetics, and find the overall design to be highly functional at the same time.

Good to see you back Tom :thumbsup:

Your Large Lamb and Old Bear certainly make a handsome pair; a couple of very capable slicers, too!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a GEC Calf Roper and a BB Winchester Toothpick today. :)

Many thanks JJ, two terrific knives there my friend, and a reminder my own Calf Roper is due some pocket time :) :thumbsup:

Anniversary Soup TC and OD Micarta Recruit:thumbsup:
1VzpPm.jpg

Delightful dup Paul :) :thumbsup:

Have a good day folks. Saynor Lambsfoot and a @btb01 -gifted Unicorn Ivory #25 for me today :) :thumbsup:

cIoIcSx.jpg

gx9s1QN.jpg

Back