What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

View attachment 1544745 View attachment 1544746 View attachment 1544747 View attachment 1544748

@Sacto , well my friend, you would think that I would have a Catahoula Hound given the fact that they were developed here in Louisiana and are our official state dog. However, they are far too high octane for me! Take a look at the intensity of the dog in the bottom photo I borrowed from the internet. My ranch is not large enough for that much dog! I have friends who own them, and they need to be kept busy with a job or else chaos erupts.

I prefer low energy dogs like our English Shepherd. They are more my style! And since our Rosie is a herding dog, the Jess Horn locking knife with Ram’s Horn covers is appropriate for me to tote today.

Have a great week everyone. And enjoy life on that magnificent ranch @Sacto! I envy you that opportunity. Do y’all use horses?

Last edited:
GCdEsZu.jpg
I agree, and thank you. :)

Lovely Charlie Lamb, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice Small and Medium Doglegs. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you. Went with the 56 just because it’s micarta and it’s monday

GEC78 - Scarlet Oak saplings.JPG

We're setting out these Scarlet Oaks for the mother-in-law later this evening. That just might clinch today's 'Darling Son-In-Law Award'. If you can beat it, let me know!

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but the white bone on this 78 is aging like a champ. I've been trying to capture it for the past two days, but no dice yet. I got this 78 on a lark; I thought it was going to be too plain. It's turned me around, though, and it's hands down my favorite GEC (out of the ten patterns I've had in hand).

If anyone has been filling out a line-up card for my carries this week and is wondering which knife I have batting in the Big Knife position, it's a Rough Rider yellow synthetic carbon steel folding hunter:
View attachment 1544475

Miscellaneous Knife since last Monday has been this stripped-down Imperial USA jack that I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1544484

- GT

The Silver Bullet is looking good, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do not dig or till my soil, just feed it from the top with compost, and plant into that. And that means not ripping plants out roots and all going into the winter, just clipping them off at the ground.
Certain vegetables love the cool weather, and even here at the Illinois/Wisconsin line, will make it through the winter. This bed of spinach greened up only hours after the snow melted off, and we’ve been eating it in salads and omelottes for a few weeks already. I also have kale and brussels sprouts pumping out new leaves off of last years root stock.
View attachment 1544728
I did not stray past the Cigar Box O’ Schrades for today’s choices~ a SW 204S electrician in Cocobolo Rosewood, and a Schrade 206 Barlow in delrin.
Happy Monday!View attachment 1544718

That is Some Schrade Sweetness, Jeff. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today’s wet one requires a slim and serious model, Schrade Walden Razor ad. pen.
View attachment 1544721
A great Monday and week to all:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool pen, Gus.
That is Some Schrade Sweetness, Jeff. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean!
Speaking of sweet, wondering if you’ve got a full sized Case folding hunter to compare?
Covering this happy little tome today... the 42 alleviates the discontent ;)
zIL69xg.jpg
Is that the 42 they called the Missouri Trader? Looks like a tribute to the big Camillus and Remington trappers.

Put that light reading to music, and call it Pink Freud!

I vote for more coping secondaries than pen blades.

I'm thinking about carrying fewer knives.
This would probably be enough.
yLW4zbs.jpg

Or this:
Jx2g17x.jpg

Honestly, this would probably more than meet my actual needs:
6u3Tjyp.jpg

There are some questions, the consideration of which leads not to edification.
nitnLxj.jpg

And where's my stockman (and lambsfoot and viper...)?

Last edited:
Is that the 42 they called the Missouri Trader? Looks like a tribute to the big Camillus and Remington trappers.

Yes, exactly, but it was called the Missouri Trapper. The Trader was a single clip lockback. It's an amazingly well built and proportioned knife; I don't think they've been made in a while. It's a shame, I'd love one in green micarta or hardwood. I foolishly sold one with cocobolo covers years ago, and have regretted it ever since. --Tony

Back