What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This Hayn' Helper helped today :)

tb7Ufux.jpg

A sensible knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Good luck on your turkey hunt.
Thanks John!
Happy Sunday All.
Those Case 92 patterns are strong knives that look great!
Hope you bag a bird, Bruce! ;):cool::cool: If you get tired of hunting without finding, every week or two I walk down a block of Eliot Street and almost invariably have a run-in with an aggressive, territorial tom on the sidewalk! :rolleyes: (I think he lives in a wooded ravine behind the houses on the south side of the street.)

Good luck on the hunt :thumbsup: !
The other day one flew in front of my car at low altitude, luckily for both of us I did not hit it this time … a few years ago one smashed in the middle of my windshield but it was my fault in a way as I should have slowed down when I spotted a whole bunch of them on the shoulder.

Thanks guys! Urban birds (wild but too close to people) are like Jekyll-Hyde, very different personalities. Wild birds will be a gone ghost if they see a human 400 yards away. OH

It's very solidly built and has good fit and finish. Mine has a strong pull, which I like. Closed length is at 4 inches (10 cm) and blade length is 3.5 inches (9 cm).
I find the size just right for my hand. I've been carrying it everyday for more than a year now.
Thank you for the response. I may have to end up trying one out eventually!

Ouch.

I'll have to get mine out and check it, but I think it is my one Boker with slight de-centering and very minor blade play. It wasn't enough cause my OCD to twitch, so I've left it alone.
Wish I would’ve.:rolleyes::thumbsup:
It's very solidly built and has good fit and finish. Mine has a strong pull, which I like.
I’ll second that, for what it’s worth.:)

Nice :thumbsup: :) , I bought my daughter a mini copperlock in chestnut bone and she really likes it.
Amber bone is surely a classic :thumbsup: :)
Several years ago I ordered a mini copperlock from the big sporting goods place out of Nebraska. It had issues and I sent it back, kind of soured me on the pattern, glad I checked it out again.:thumbsup:

Same to you, Greg! :) Saturday was still quite warm, but we got a hailstorm about 4:30pm that beat up a lot of our flowers. :( Today was cloudy and cool, but I had a nice 7-mile walk. Your Magnum scout looks quite nice! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
- GT

Good on you, Gary, a 7 mile trek is some good exercise.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carried these two this Sunday. Recovered in rosewood Pal cattle punch and a smooth bone Fight'n Rooster copperhead.
View attachment 1544558

Thanks you very kindly, Jack!!!

Those are certainly beautiful Ironwood covers on your Guardians Lamb; always a big fan of the 66, too!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These two Cases caught my eye today. :)

Many thanks JJ, that's another prefect pairing, love the saw-cut bone :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I’ll track it down, but I prefer books to screens. And thanks for the “wow”—yes, that particular Randall is absolutely top notch.

I'm the same Tony, even if I have the PDF, I'll still buy the book :) That one has been around about 20 years, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to find a copy :) It certainly is, I hope you enjoy carrying it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info about the wood on your RR lockback, Jack. :)

Thanks, for the info, Jack. :) I wonder if a blade is still a sheepsfoot if it has a "scalloped" edge like on that 89OT.

A pleasure Gary :) Interesting question, I reckon so :thumbsup:

Very classy choices, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

If anyone has been filling out a line-up card for my carries this week and is wondering which knife I have batting in the Big Knife position, it's a Rough Rider yellow synthetic carbon steel folding hunter:
View attachment 1544475

Miscellaneous Knife since last Monday has been this stripped-down Imperial USA jack that I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1544484

- GT

How are you getting on with using the carbon Rough Riders Gary? I've not seen that Folding Hunter over here, though RR's are a good deal more expensive. I'd hoped they'd do more carbon steel knives, but maybe I'm just not seeing them. The double nicks/pulls, together with all the other bells and whistles are a bit 'busy' for me, it'd be nice to see them do a nice, simple, carbon steel Sodbuster for example :) Good to see the Silver Bullet! :) :thumbsup:

Back