What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one brightens up a dreary day.

nCTPyZt.jpg

Sometimes, there’s another level of “on my radar” that lurks and simmers in the deep, dank recesses of my subconsciousness that bubbles up from the depths. Which is one reason I don’t drink!:eek::D
In your case, you obviously retained enough impulse control to have made a fine purchase:thumbsup:
Yer right~ Case amber bone is nice!
Thanks Jeff! ;):thumbsup:

Thanks for the comparison pics of your 2 elegant Bucks, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Those drop point blades are certainly more appealing to me than is the Buck 110 snoopy clip, and the silver "hardware" on your 50x pair is also quite a draw!
Good to see your bocote Canal Street Forum Knife again, too! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I always enjoy your "on the trail" photos, Dean; the covers on your congress remind me of a cookie, for some reason! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, Gary, for your kind comments. :):thumbsup:

That is an absolutely stunning knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you are happy to read it as a PDF, it's widely available for free on the internet, including from several US universities :thumbsup:

I’ll track it down, but I prefer books to screens. And thanks for the “wow”—yes, that particular Randall is absolutely top notch.

Thanks for the updates on your whittling "housekeeping", Tony! :):cool::cool: Did you make that high-density pile of curly shavings with that big fixed blade?? I don't think I could control a big knife well enough to generate such consistent results! :eek:

hey Gary—yes, that Behring Made Woodcraft is just the perfect size... big, but not unmanageable for carving. At 4 3/4”, the blade is phenomenally versatile, and the grind and tempering is outstanding. Those curls are the result of a fair amount of practice over the years, and an exquisite tool.

For the coming week, standard Alox Cadet on the key ring and changing to the Boker Barlow in Grenadilla with Buck 113 for any heavier cutting. Raw Brass Fisher Bullet space pen just because I like brass. I need a real light box and better control over reflections, and much better staging.
original.jpg

Back