What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Beautiful knives. What pattern is the FB? That looks like a great size. I hope to see those Mexican Bocote fixies turning up soon.
This fixed blade is one of GEC’s H10 ‘s. It is 7 inches in total length. Good luck with your hunt for one of the new Bocote fixed blades. I’d like to have one of those too.
yjMmENM.jpg

I'm ashamed to admit I have never owned a A Wright and Son knife. But this week I've been checking them out. Any recommendations?
Lambsfoot but they make a fine clip point too. Honestly, I don't trust the historical F/F of AW&S. If unseen, it's luck of the draw.
Need to pick one out in person or get lucky and grab one of JackBlack's SFOs.

Lambsfoot but they make a fine clip point too. Honestly, I don't trust the historical F/F of AW&S. If unseen, it's luck of the draw.
Need to pick one out in person or get lucky and grab one of JackBlack's SFOs.
that's what I've heard over the years, which is why I've never owned one, but I'm thinking maybe I'll just try my luck and order one. I've seen ones for sale that have a small pen blade in addition to the main blades, but I don't think I've ever seen someone post one.

I've used both and both are useful and fun.
Chasing cows one day on a three wheeler, boss's daughter riding on the back, we hit a hole.
The boss's daughter flew off and i ran her over. She was fine but my boss was pissed!!! Made me stick to horses from then on. :D
And they’re all dangerous, especially 3-wheelers. Gotta be careful with the boss’s daughter.;)

I carried this one today. It’s April and I’m having to haul drinking water to the cattle at one of the ranches because the creek and vernal pools are dry already. I can’t remember ever hauling water this time of year.
vAXUvBu.jpg

For TC Tuesday, I'm carrying the Scratted Ancient one.

View attachment 1545298

I am lucky enough to have 3 of Charlie's Ancients Dean, but for me, they don't come any finer than the Scratted One :cool: :) You've inspired me to carry mine today my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack!!!

Your random grab is very cool with its "near lamb" blade and the EO notch; makes a unique companion to your Hartshead beauty!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grabbed my 66 and tossed in this toothpick for today. :)

Thanks a lot JJ, I always love to see a #66, and yours is a superb example. The Toothpick pairs with it delightfully :) :thumbsup:

Inspired by @RDaneel , I'm carrying my Scratted Bone Ancient TC today, paired with a @jsdistin re-built Lamb, gifted to me by @Reaper AL :) :thumbsup:

CGvZC26.jpg

Jvkaaw4.jpg

today987.jpg

A knife that brings together 3 people whose work I appreciate very much and whom I thank for having been willing to leave their comfort zone to make this project happen.
Blade of 12 cm in san-mai steel by Davide Steri (talented Sardinian cutler), chiseled fly by François Seychal (engraver trained at the Boule school), smooth spring, full handle in ash burr, assembly by Pierre-Yves Joyeux (Knifemaker from the Thiers basin).

today989.jpg

l810.jpg

I am lucky enough to have 3 of Charlie's Ancients Dean, but for me, they don't come any finer than the Scratted One :cool: :) You've inspired me to carry mine today my friend :) :thumbsup:

Inspired by @RDaneel , I'm carrying my Scratted Bone Ancient TC today, paired with a @jsdistin re-built Lamb, gifted to me by @Reaper AL :) :thumbsup:

Jvkaaw4.jpg
To my eyes, there is no better looking barlow than the scratted ancient TC's. The blade is fantastic also. One sweet day I will trade away half my collection to get one haha. I wonder how that blade shape would look on the 86 forum knife?

that's what I've heard over the years, which is why I've never owned one, but I'm thinking maybe I'll just try my luck and order one. I've seen ones for sale that have a small pen blade in addition to the main blades, but I don't think I've ever seen someone post one.
Get the single blade. Less for them to screw up.
The pen blade is notoriously difficult to open, which is why you don't see many of them.
I ended up tearing mine apart to delete the pen blade. There's a post about my travails with it in the lambsfoot thread.

Thanks a lot JJ, I always love to see a #66, and yours is a superb example. The Toothpick pairs with it delightfully :) :thumbsup:

CGvZC26.jpg

Jvkaaw4.jpg

Jack Black those are two fine examples. Absolutely love the rebuilt lamb.

Back