What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The weekend awaits, folks!

oG6bYIu.jpg

^^^ Gorgeous knives Dylan !!! GORGEOUS

All set for Saturday pocket carry with a Buck 501 Squire
Crucible S35VN steel (Paul) BOS heat treat, black linen micarta

Looking at some of yous knives, this one has no character, has no soul. I won't argue ...
Heck I prolly would have failed debate class in high school anyway. Shoot
Under my breath where you can't hear, I might say classic and practical though
... I didn't say nuthin'

fMq8NAW.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Gorgeous knives Dylan !!! GORGEOUS

All set for Saturday pocket carry with a Buck 501 Squire
Crucible S35VN steel (Paul) BOS heat treat, black linen micarta

Looking at some of yous knives, this one has no character, has no soul. I won't argue ...
Heck I prolly would have failed debate class in high school anyway. Shoot
Under my breath where you can't hear, I might say classic and practical though
... I didn't say nuthin'

fMq8NAW.jpg

I disagree - I think it has quite bit of soul!

Very nice Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial wireframe jack (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1547457

Big knife this week (according to my sometimes-artificial categorization scheme) is a Chinese Imperial Sodbuster Jr:
View attachment 1547458

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Rite-Edge Barlow:
View attachment 1547461

- GT

Three Old Reliables there Gary :) The guy I was hiking with yesterday was using one of those Sodbusters I gave him a while back :thumbsup:

The weekend awaits, folks!

oG6bYIu.jpg

Extremely handsome pair Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

Got my Hartshead Barlow and my Abbeydale Jack :thumbsup:

TmRAAfM.jpg

dpDWce0.jpg

View attachment 1547396
I’ve had a house finch hanging around my homemade birdfeeders so I decided to buy a thistle seed feeder today when I was picking up some safflower seed. Set the oriole feeder out too. I’ll probably start putting orange slices out next weekend.
Yes, it’s that time again. I need to get the oriole feeders up, too.
Nice carry. EC at the Royal Albert Hall was the first proper gig I ever went to, at age 11. I remember queuing with my dad for what seemed like half a day to buy the tickets, pestering him the whole time to allow me to go too, he said no. Then at Christmas, I followed a treasure hunt finding clues and picking up a machinists rule and a rod on a handle, the penultimate clue led me to a small treasure chest with the final clue inside. The chest appeared empty and the clue stated something along the lines of ‘you now have everything you need to find your present’ after some head scratching, I figured out the floor was twice as thick as the walls and there was a small hole in the underside of the chest, pushing the rod tool through the hole raised the false floor revealing my Eric Clapton concert ticket!! We had pretty good seats about 15 rows back, but halfway through the show, you were allowed to stand and all of a sudden it felt like we were in row 50, all of a sudden, a security guard beckoned me over and took me right to the front and centre just feet away from Eric (my Father had had a word before the show it turns out), a life changing moment that inspired my life as a musician.
Great memory of your Dad!
Thanks for posting that.

Nice carry. EC at the Royal Albert Hall was the first proper gig I ever went to, at age 11. I remember queuing with my dad for what seemed like half a day to buy the tickets, pestering him the whole time to allow me to go too, he said no. Then at Christmas, I followed a treasure hunt finding clues and picking up a machinists rule and a rod on a handle, the penultimate clue led me to a small treasure chest with the final clue inside. The chest appeared empty and the clue stated something along the lines of ‘you now have everything you need to find your present’ after some head scratching, I figured out the floor was twice as thick as the walls and there was a small hole in the underside of the chest, pushing the rod tool through the hole raised the false floor revealing my Eric Clapton concert ticket!! We had pretty good seats about 15 rows back, but halfway through the show, you were allowed to stand and all of a sudden it felt like we were in row 50, all of a sudden, a security guard beckoned me over and took me right to the front and centre just feet away from Eric (my Father had had a word before the show it turns out), a life changing moment that inspired my life as a musician.
That is awesome man. Your dad sounds like a great guy. Clapton had me reconsidering my professional choices haha. Should have been a rock star! The acoustics in there are 2nd to none. We were in the 11th row and I may have well been floating because it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. We were talking to the people sitting behind us at the show and they happened to live 5 minutes away from me in Florida. Small world.
FM7GBRW.jpg

Very nice Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Three Old Reliables there Gary :) The guy I was hiking with yesterday was using one of those Sodbusters I gave him a while back :thumbsup:

Extremely handsome pair Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

Got my Hartshead Barlow and my Abbeydale Jack :thumbsup:

TmRAAfM.jpg

dpDWce0.jpg
Thank you, Jack! It’s always good to see your Heartshead. The stag is so impressive!

Back