What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gotta love those old tools, they don't make um like they used to!;):thumbsup:

Yes, he frequently has 19th century tools on his stall :cool: :thumbsup:

Opened my tote drawer and these two Robeson jacks caught my eye. :)

A couple of stunners it must be great to carry JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I like the carbon Rough Riders very much, Jack. :) They seem quite similar to Case CV steel to a non-expert like me; the patina actually reminds me more of the patina that develops on the Guardians lambsfoot knives. I agree with you that having some less "ornate" options from RR would be desirable. ;):thumbsup:

That Waynorth always makes me swoon, and the "Yachting knife" sounds quite posh! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I suppose all you Brits have the sea in your blood, and I remember singing about you in particular when I was a lad:
Sailing, Sailing
Over the bounding main
Where many a stormy wind will blow
Ere Jack comes home again.

Still not quite sure of the etymology of "bounding main". :rolleyes:

- GT

Thanks for your thoughts my friend :) The Yachting Knife probably was quite posh, yachting is certainly not much of a working-class pastime here! :D Thanks pal! :D We don't have much of a Navy left anymore, but the sea, and an ability to sail it, has certainly been central to our history :) 'Main' in this context, simply means 'sea', as in 'The Spanish Main', or 'the azure main' :thumbsup:

Stunning photo Dwight :thumbsup:

Going with a fixed and a folder for Friday. :)

Supremely handsome pairing JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

After a good hike today, the first of the year, and a couple of afternoon pints, I'm running on empty here, and struggling to keep my eyes open! :D Had a great day though :) Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :thumbsup:

My Friday pair :thumbsup:

9twPT52.jpg

9sQSFzW.jpg

bT6gLDq.jpg

Last edited:
After a good hike today, the first of the year, and a couple of afternoon pints, I'm running on empty here, and struggling to keep my eyes open! :D Had a great day though :) Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :thumbsup:

9twPT52.jpg

9sQSFzW.jpg

bT6gLDq.jpg

Beautiful knives Jack, and an even more beautiful countryside shot!

A couple of stunners it must be great to carry JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Supremely handsome pairing JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very kindly, Jack!!!

9twPT52.jpg

9sQSFzW.jpg

bT6gLDq.jpg
It's great to hear your having a fun filled Friday Jack; your two wonderful pals were perfect for the transition from the countryside to the Pub!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful knives Jack, and an even more beautiful countryside shot!

Exactly what Ross said, great knives and pictures. :cool::thumbsup:
Glad you had fun and hope you have a relaxing weekend. :)

Thank you very kindly, Jack!!!

It's great to hear your having a fun filled Friday Jack; your two wonderful pals were perfect for the transition from the countryside to the Pub!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot gents, there's some more photos from my hike in the Guardians thread :) :thumbsup:

Back