What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Neat piece of memorabilia. I don’t think they ever sold pieces of our LGM-30B. (I do still have my badge, though.) Nice knife, too.:thumbsup:

Thanks. Did Titan II ops at LR and MC 10 years, MMII at Whiteman 9 years. Sold by the Titan II museum in AZ as a fund raiser. Given to me by a great young man had the honor to meet when I returned his grandpa's POW/MIA bracelet a few years back when his remains were repatriated. When I saw the price on the back I felt bad as he is a hard working family man. One listed for 450 on ebay. Humbling.

TitanIIPlanetag-2.jpg

Nice carry. EC at the Royal Albert Hall was the first proper gig I ever went to, at age 11. I remember queuing with my dad for what seemed like half a day to buy the tickets, pestering him the whole time to allow me to go too, he said no. Then at Christmas, I followed a treasure hunt finding clues and picking up a machinists rule and a rod on a handle, the penultimate clue led me to a small treasure chest with the final clue inside. The chest appeared empty and the clue stated something along the lines of ‘you now have everything you need to find your present’ after some head scratching, I figured out the floor was twice as thick as the walls and there was a small hole in the underside of the chest, pushing the rod tool through the hole raised the false floor revealing my Eric Clapton concert ticket!! We had pretty good seats about 15 rows back, but halfway through the show, you were allowed to stand and all of a sudden it felt like we were in row 50, all of a sudden, a security guard beckoned me over and took me right to the front and centre just feet away from Eric (my Father had had a word before the show it turns out), a life changing moment that inspired my life as a musician.
Great Clapton stories! I’ve never seen him play, but his unplugged album is one of my favorites and the inspiration behind my guitar playing. I had the album on one day and my daughter said “hey, this guy sounds like you.” That really made my day. :)

Probably won't get out to the woods until next month but got camping on my mind today.patio knife pic - 1.jpeg Ive had this 33 year old Burro camper for 23 years now, lots of great memories. I've always loved it and planned on keeping it forever but the wife and I upgraded to a new and much bigger rig for more space. Gonna pass it on to my youngest daughter soon to keep it in the family. She and her fiancé are avid outdoors people. Burro - 1.jpeg

Thanks. Did Titan II ops at LR and MC 10 years, MMII at Whiteman 9 years. Sold by the Titan II museum in AZ as a fund raiser. Given to me by a great young man had the honor to meet when I returned his grandpa's POW/MIA bracelet a few years back when his remains were repatriated. When I saw the price on the back I felt bad as he is a hard working family man.
That was a wonderful gesture on his part. Your mention of the POW/MIA bracelet is sobering and reminds me how fortunate I was. I was in from 1968 to 1972 and spent almost the whole time in Wyoming. (Bought my first Old Timer 34OT at the BX there but it’s long gone.)

Great Clapton stories! I’ve never seen him play, but his unplugged album is one of my favorites and the inspiration behind my guitar playing. I had the album on one day and my daughter said “hey, this guy sounds like you.” That really made my day. :)
Unplugged is a great album, he was at the top of his game in the late 80’s into the 90’s. That’s the greatest compliment!

Unplugged is a great album, he was at the top of his game in the late 80’s into the 90’s. That’s the greatest compliment!
I don’t play but last spring there was a thing my wife saw on Facebook and you were supposed to post an album a day for ten days. They were supposed to be albums that had a major impact on your life. Clapton’s Unplugged was on my list.:):thumbsup:

[QUOTE="5K Qs, post: 20461845, member: 385663"
Ravishing red pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And quite a texture contrast between the gleaming smooth synthetic Vic and the ultra-scooped jigging on the bone Case.

- GT[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Gary. I've seen your Pocket Pals several times and finally decided to pull my out for a hike. :D

Back