What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you! I’m carrying the Panama Trapper again today and it looks much better in color!

bG2QkVm.jpg
Your Dowell is still looking great Jake !!!

Harry

MIHKQ6Fl.jpg

Carrying a little bit of an odd ball today. An Eka 38, I don't usually see them, I still consider them a traditional, definitely more of a modern one, but still. Honestly they have some of the best ergonomics out of any knife I own.
I’m almost certain my dad carried an orange one of those sometimes when I was a kid. I never knew what it was, but when I saw your picture, his knife jumped into my head. That’s got to be what it was. I should ask him.

I’m almost certain my dad carried an orange one of those sometimes when I was a kid. I never knew what it was, but when I saw your picture, his knife jumped into my head. That’s got to be what it was. I should ask him.

They're pretty cheap, I really can't recommend them enough. They have really stiff springs. I'd say this one is at least an 8, not quite Douk Douk bear trap level, but using only a nail nick it's a beast.

Thanks! How's it work as a slipjoint?

I was gifted (family) the Boxer lockback in Ironwood about 2.5 years ago. Nice knife.
The action is smooth, spring is firm but not a nail breaker. I would say it is similar to GEC knives I have owned. There is some blade play when the knife is closed but the blade is firm and and straight when open.

This little fella today, love everything about this one.

51106742611_a2760ef2b7_k.jpg

Very attractive :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I see you had the same breakfast that I usually have a couple times a week. ;)

I must confess that was a recycled pic, but I get them whenever I can! :D :thumbsup:

Thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today :) :thumbsup:

HmzKz0o.jpg

I have an '86 Soldier (thanks, Ken) as Alox Knife of the Week:
soldier.mark.4open.jpg

A Victorinox Camper is my non-Alox knife this week:
camper.open.jpg

An Imperial BSA (thanks, Paul) is my Bailed non-SAK of the Week (even if it likes to pretend it's a SAK):
imp.bsa.mark.open.jpg

A Douk-Douk is my International knife this week:
d-d.deck.mark.Vflat.jpg

- GT

Back