What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

rime53A.jpg

2020 forum knife today.
Nice, I am too. They are very well done

Thanks Jack!;):thumbsup:

Thanks Jon, I knew I saw one recently, this week has been a total blur and it’s only Wednesday!:D:eek::D
Good to see some of them getting out in the open. Can’t believe it’s been 5 years since they released. Bought mine in store there at GP Knives

20210420-205736.jpg

Snow on the ground in Ohio haha

That's a good looking Barlow. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I was surprised (also in Ohio) to see the snow this morning, too: forecast shows our temps will be in the mid-80s next week!:eek:

I have an '86 Soldier (thanks, Ken) as Alox Knife of the Week:
View attachment 1550077

A Victorinox Camper is my non-Alox knife this week:
View attachment 1550078

An Imperial BSA (thanks, Paul) is my Bailed non-SAK of the Week (even if it likes to pretend it's a SAK):
View attachment 1550079

A Douk-Douk is my International knife this week:
View attachment 1550081

- GT

Your '86 Soldier is iconic, Gary. :thumbsup:

Frost on the deck railing this morning. Saw a Beagle posted the other day, thought I’d take mine out for a walk. I’ve got several knives in burl wood, this TEW Barlow might just be the prettiest.;)
View attachment 1550222

I also think your TEW Barlow has stupendous burl wood. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But getting a hold of one that is built well seems to be getting harder and harder.

Have any suggestion on how one might go about getting a great quality one over the pond? I would love to purchase one of those larger bolstered ones...

Staying home today to rest up for Cataract Surgery tomorrow morning so I'm not totin anthing but do have these two knives on my desk.

ZQNSxuW.jpg

Will most likely carry the Ram's Foot tomorrow.
Good luck with the surgery tomorrow ED !!!
Had mine done 18yrs ago when I was 50. Navy doctors did it in Jacksonville FL.
Did one eye and then 6wks later did the other eye.
The wait between surgeries was in case there were any complications.
Surgery was under full anesthesia and it was a piece of cake. No worries at all.
Don't realize what a precious blessing sight is until start to lose it.
50 was too young for cataract surgery but I knew I had to do something when I almost hit a gate guard leaving base.
My vision was cloudy, highly light sensitive and tunnel vision. Cataract surgery, best thing I ever did.
I chose to have distant vision and wear readers for close up stuff.
You'll be fine ED.

Last edited:
Back