What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

looks like another great pairing
Thank you, Jack. :)
JqlilDj.jpg
Looks like your week is off to a good start with your Hartshead. 🤠:thumbsup:
Fantastic picture, Todd. 🤠:thumbsup:

Paired up two Pals today. The little fixed blade is just right for carrying in my pocket. I made the sheath with a heavy welt for safety.
Yesterday I put fifty tomatoes and fifty pepper plants out into the garden. They were happy to be set free from their starter pots, but my knees and legs in general are not so happy.

Last edited:
Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Hopefully a light duty day ahead Jeff, as we must always remember to oil ALL joints 🤘 :cool:🤘
Hmm. I could try rubbing some beard oil on my knees!
Gus, I am afraid to put my feet up and do nothing. It’s just even harder to get up then.
I’ll be doing a bunch of direct seeding today now that the soil has warmed up. But I promise to go easy does it!

Pocketing my Hartshead Barlow again today, and adding an Old Friend, gifted to me some years ago by @meako :thumbsup:

ck4L83v.jpg

iT0mDet.jpg
Couple of classics there, Jack!

Thanks a lot Gary, hopefully we'll get there eventually :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:
I hope you're right, Jack. I'm not convinced that I'll ever get where I'd like to be with the upgrade, but I make a little progress almost every day. My latest discovery, a happy one, is that if I use the simple Search, with NO terms listed to search for, for a specified member's posts in a specific thread, the Search returns all of that member's posts in that thread sorted by date, most recent first. That's a modified version of a search I previously used quite frequently.

View attachment 1563699
Flea market find BSA 72, and No.7 ~ Frugal Friday.
Nice pair of knives, Jeff, and superb photo quality for you since the BF upgrade!!

Nice pic, Todd. :thumbsup: Whats your impressions on the little whittler so far?

Thanks, Gary. Yep I dyed it, was amber bone originally and I used a mix of red & brown RIT on it. I also liked them enough to get a couple extras to pass on. I've kept the dyed one plus this pearl version. All 4 that I've had have been quite snappy and tight fitted. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1563701
Thanks for the info, Greg. I'd never seen the whittler with those black lip pearl covers until your photo. Do RR's glued-on (I assume) pearl covers seem to be pretty good? I've been wary of ordering a knife that has them.

TGIF... Can't wait for the weekend. :)
Lamb/Clip seems like a Terrific Combo, John!

Thank you, Gary. The Schmachtenberg has really caught my fancy for some reason. The rounded bolsters and swell end shape make for a very comfortable pocket/worry stone. Today I'm pairing it with my Beer & Sausage. I'm hoping the B & S gets a chance to build some patina this weekend.
b6tHTWL.jpg

KtigiTg.jpg
Nice old/new pairing! Whenever I see that pic of your Beer & Sausage knife, I think, " r8shell r8shell has obviously "baptized" the knife with beer, but where's the sausage??"

My son’s graduation party is tomorrow, we’ll be filling lots of coolers, some of these for the younger crowd, and lots of adult beverages as well!😉👍
Still can’t believe he’s graduating already. Time goes so fast.View attachment 1563858
I hope a good time was had by all, Todd!

I'm carrying these two today: Northfield Orchard Gem (Farmer's Jack) and Tidioute TC Barlow Ancient 2.0

View attachment 1563920
Case Bonestag Teardrop and Ancient TC Barlow.

View attachment 1564462
Seems like your Avatar Knife has been pairing up with a select group of other commendable knives recently, Dean!

Buck 501 today.

This will be tomorrow and Sunday. Have a nice weekend.

View attachment 1564173
I always enjoy seeing that peerless Presidential!

A couple of Black Box Winchesters for me today - it is "Black Friday", after all. I hope everyone has an excellent weekend.

xQu7FOQ.jpg
Propitious pair of pocket knives, Dylan; I'm especially partial to that sowbelly stockman!

Ajp01QG.jpg
At scout camp with my boy.
Sounds like a good time, Cory; admirable knife in the "bunkhouse"!

Have a great weekend everyone :) Rotten weather here, and I'm doing some work in the house :rolleyes: Got my Wee Staggy Lambsfoot (a short-run SFO) and a TL-29 :thumbsup:

HPuxvyt.jpg

nojhXtn.jpg
That stag lambsfoot is superb, Jack, and the TL-29 is another classic!

Once you think you get stuck in your ways, something comes along that overturns it. Never been a great fan of CARRYING a large knife, admire them yes. But the Dixie commands carry and its low riding blades underlines a compelling argument. There is such magical variety in Traditionals so why limit yourself to the same old thing time after time?

uhcyAcm.jpg
Sublime stag Dixie, Will!

We are in Indiana this week end for our youngest Granddaughter's wedding and I am carrying these two .

Harry
That's a festive pair for the celebration, Harry! I hope you had a safe and enjoyable trip!

Starting the day with these two walnut workers, when the work is done and my son’s graduation party starts, I think I will follow Harry’s lead and carry my new 38 as well!😉👍
View attachment 1564354
View attachment 1564355
Tremendous trio, Todd!

For Saturday... My usual Lamb and a pretty little Case Stockman.
Lovely lambsfoot and colorful Case, John!

New to me Queen #9 Stockman and a PAL Jack

t6R8bGt.jpg
Some redbone old and new

BcHvxLy.jpg
Steve and Paul T., those are some handsome matching bone pairs you've posted!!

Lazy day today with me, a good book, and a Barlow :) Have a pleasant Saturday everyone!

Kt2hGmH.jpg
Bewitching Barlow, Mike! I hope you enjoyed your book; Saturday evening and some of Sunday I did some recreational reading for the first time since January, and it sure was a pleasure!

A little outdoor work today...
9QtGFCv.jpg
Hey! Is that the Cadet that so often shows up unpictured but with the parenthetical notation "(and a Vic Cadet)"? Nice!

A little vintage rough black synthetic for Black Friday - unlike my Imperials with this type handle material, the LF&C handles have held their own over the decades. OH
LF&C_Barehead_Jackknife.jpg
OS90MNq.jpg

One from Bill Howard’s past
Stagurday it is....
View attachment 1564328
A great day to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Dug out this old Robeson Scout and added this tough old Keen Kutter. :)
Yowza! There's a half-dozen pristine vintage knives! Thanks for posting those beauties, folks!

- GT

Thank you, Jack. :)

Looks like your week is off to a good start with your Hartshead. 🤠:thumbsup:

My Usual Lamb and "Flipper" for Micarta Monday...
Thanks John, it's good so far :D ;) Classic pair there my friend :) :thumbsup:
Couple of classics there, Jack!

I hope you're right, Jack. I'm not convinced that I'll ever get where I'd like to be with the upgrade, but I make a little progress almost every day. My latest discovery, a happy one, is that if I use the simple Search, with NO terms listed to search for, for a specified member's posts in a specific thread, the Search returns all of that member's posts in that thread sorted by date, most recent first. That's a modified version of a search I previously used quite frequently.

That stag lambsfoot is superb, Jack, and the TL-29 is another classic!
Thanks for the info and kind words Gary, greatly appreciated :) :thumbsup:

Cory Hess Cory Hess ~ Small world. Until a couple of years ago, my in-laws owned a couple of lake houses on Lake Elizabeth. Lots of good times there.
We’re only 30 or 40 minutes from there on the other side of the Illannoy line.
Maybe one of these days we’ll have to meet up at Manny’s Cafe for breakfast!

And although they cancelled it again this year, next year you’ll have to join us at the Badger Knife Show. Old Engineer Old Engineer is working on getting a few other Blade Forums Friends to meet up. That’s always fun.

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund that sounds great. We live about 1/4 mile from Lake Elizabeth, and of course French toast at Manny's is a favorite treat.

I'd love to hook up at the Badger show. I went for four or five years straight, but missed the last couple they had, and of course they haven't had one the last two years. I always like hooking up with other knuts. Harry and I have had a couple near misses, I know that he has gone into the antique mall that my mom manages looking for knives. We haven't yet met, though.

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund that sounds great. We live about 1/4 mile from Lake Elizabeth, and of course French toast at Manny's is a favorite treat.

I'd love to hook up at the Badger show. I went for four or five years straight, but missed the last couple they had, and of course they haven't had one the last two years. I always like hooking up with other knuts. Harry and I have had a couple near misses, I know that he has gone into the antique mall that my mom manages looking for knives. We haven't yet met, though.

Cinnamon Roll French Toast!!!

Mrs Fleschwund calls it Heart Atack On A Plate.

Back