What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm carrying my GEC cherry bone 85 caplifter today for my 35th birthday. Also resigned from my job this morning. Cheers everyone! Have a great weekend.

gifting myself the 38 jig bone English whittler that's hiding under my sink tonight when I get home lol. I will post pics this evening.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)
Yes, it was still fun to get to the mountains and stretch my legs.
I bet it was John :) :thumbsup:
Congrats on your 7th grandchild, Greg!
+1 on that :) Congratulations :thumbsup:
Patina, patahta...
At this rate, I'll barely get 100 years use out of 'em.

Maybe I should add this Germania Cutlery Works to my pocket today, just to show 'em what's in store.

e1Fw8KE.jpg
LOL! :D That's just as beautiful Rachel :) :thumbsup:
I'm about ready to give up on that river. :mad:
It's not a natural trout stream and I don't think they've planted it in a couple of years.
The local Sheffield phrase for not catching anything is water-licked (pronounced 'watter-licked')! :D Good luck next time my friend :) :thumbsup:

It's evening here, and I'm getting my kit ready for a hike tomorrow :) Carrying these three ;) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

4Q6wDJq.jpg

flCUn8r.jpg

Rb65r5i.jpg

Outstanding. And a long pull spear to boot!
I’m curious. Is it marked with an 11, or is it from before they called it that?

Superb pic of that beautiful Barlow Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jeff; it does not have an 11. I researched this knife some years ago and do not remember when they started using the 11.

Superb pic of that beautiful Barlow Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. You had a lot of information and good looking knives in your post. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is an excellent group of knives, especially the two SAKs with leather and Petoskey stone for company. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary. The only thing I know about that truck is that it is older than the woods it is in. :)
I appreciate your reliable encouragement, Dean. :)
Interesting age relation between truck and woods! Your photo brought back memories of playing back by the corn cribs on my maternal grandpa's "hobby farm", where there was an old vehicle that was badly deteriorated with steering wheel just like in your picture.
Nice photo of your saw cut Ancient Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

All great looking knives Gary, but these two! I’ve never seen a stockman like that with a cap lifter, and the Boker, is very nice! 😎👍
More great groupings, Gary, But the Boker Beer Barrel Boat....Bravo Buddy!😉👍
Another awesome selection of knives especially the Böker canoe, Gary.😉👍👍
Now that's a knife! I've always admired (from a distance unfortunately) the Boker Beer Barrel series. Your Canoe looks most excellent, Gary. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That looks super handy with three blades PLUS a cap lifter... 🤠:thumbsup:
Nice photo GT :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks for noticing my Beer Barrel Canoe, RR 4-blade stockman, and the fall foliage foto of my sowbelly stockman, Todd & Dennis & José & Dean & John & Jack. :)

This duo today and probably tomorrow.
eW8NjGP.jpg
First-rate couple of wood-handled knives, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying a large Lambsfoot with Rosewood today, and a TC Barlow in SMOOTH IVORY BONE! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Versatile duo for you, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today in my pocket with this Portuguese all in stainless steel and Scrimshaw.
Such an intriguing knife, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Wood Wednesday or Whittler Wednesday?
Get both.
Or all three, actually, because it’s always Wenger Wednesday!
...View attachment 1579305...
Have a Wonderous Wednesday!
I always admire the walnut on your lambsfoot and the synthetic stag on your Craftsman whittler, Jeff; captivating covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My Wooden Wednesday Totes...
Worthy wood for Wednesday, without a doubt, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'll switch to it tomorrow, perhaps, but for Wooden Wednesday:
9o8khcJ.jpg
Laudable ligneous lookers, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nothing while I stopped by the county courthouse this morning, then Buck 301 forum knife.

View attachment 1579366
Notable photo of a noble knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just that SMALL CASE POCKET WORN RED BONE LOCKBACK today.
Don't expect too much trouble from the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery folks next town over this afternoon when they install snap-in denture locators.
My new super power? ... I can snap my teeth in and out of my head.
You too can have that super power for as little as $15-20K or more (depending on dental insurance) ... and 6mos time for the implants, healing and denture fitting adventure.
BONUS: Good drugs for the ensuing tormenting pain and discomfort while healing, but you will pop positive if that's a consideration.
And/or you may make inappropriate internet forum posts from time to time while under the influence D'OH ... sorry
DISCLAIMER: May be less costly in other countries
Sounds like quite an ordeal, Jim! :eek:
I hope you get years of trouble-free biting/chewing/gnawing from the new synthetic teeth!
(Will they look like this? 😁)

View attachment 1579429View attachment 1579430
Stay Kool this afternoon all... up here it’s like Crazy HOT:mad::thumbsup::thumbsup: (couldn’t find a better emoji)
That is SENSATIONAL, Gus!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Today I'm toting a couple GEC's with a nice assortment of blades/implements; a redbone 62 and a osage wood covered 29. :)
Supreme red/orange combo, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my 2015 BladeForums knife made by CSC today.

View attachment 1579485
Good wood on that BF knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Mustang and a Camillus cattle knife

OnxyBNf.jpg
You're the Commander of Cattle Knives, Steve! :cool::D:cool:

Thanks, Gary. I think the Pal cattle knife dates to the mid 40's. Jason Ritchie refurbished it and added the rosewood scales and shield. He did a stellar job IMO. :thumbsup:
Sounds like you're having a similar weather pattern to us, if true it must now be hot & muggy there as that's what we're getting now.
Ah, no wonder the PAL looks good as new! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Yep, midsummer weather this week. I don't think the temperature has actually made 90 in my town, but the heat index has been over 90 every day so far this week. 🌞🔥

Carried a Harness Jack and a Texas Jack today.
View attachment 1579641
Splendid pair, Greg; that Texas Jack is a jewel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Wonderful "water shot", Cory! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Distinguished duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

You must have quite a knife collection now Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
I like all my knives, although some might say I emphasize quantity over quality! :rolleyes:;)

Camillus 23 jack and the 2019 Blade Forums knife that I designed.
View attachment 1579967
Along with a few friends...

View attachment 1579972Ok. I and a few hundred of my friends.

Ok. Ok. I voted on everything.
Well, none of my votes “won”.
But I think it turned out pretty nice!
Democracy in action; I like your attitude, Jeff! 😁:thumbsup::thumbsup:

An elegant Case, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, John; I think it's the oldest Case I own. :)

Outstanding stag BF knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hot and humid here today, only place to be will be on and in the water, until then, I’ll have the Jack, and my newly arrived Boker Castle Burg Club knife. View attachment 1580014
Congrats on the new Böker with the cool wood, Todd; captivating couple of knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

I appreciate your reliable encouragement, Dean. :)
Interesting age relation between truck and woods! Your photo brought back memories of playing back by the corn cribs on my maternal grandpa's "hobby farm", where there was an old vehicle that was badly deteriorated with steering wheel just like in your picture.
Nice photo of your saw cut Ancient Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good wood on that BF knife, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary, for all your kind comments. :)

I'm carrying my GEC cherry bone 85 caplifter today for my 35th birthday. Also resigned from my job this morning. Cheers everyone! Have a great weekend.

gifting myself the 38 jig bone English whittler that's hiding under my sink tonight when I get home lol. I will post pics this evening.
Dang man, your'e spoiling yourself, gonna grow up to be a brat .:rolleyes::D:D:D Happy birthday.!!! :)

Back