What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

kZi9IUJ.jpg

Big congratulations! Sounds like a full house for Hollidays!!🙂👍
Many thanks, Dennis. :) Always exciting when a new family member enters our world.

I don't know what to call your big S&M officially; I'd probably just say, "Hey, Good-Lookin'"! :rolleyes:;)
Congrats on the new grandchild! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Isn't the seventh supposed to have special powers???:) Here's a link to an older singer singing a relevant song that was a hit for him about 50 years earlier:
- GT
Thank you, Gary. Special powers may only apply to the seventh son. He's got 4 girl cousins only 2 boy cousins, but we'll see. :)
I was living in Chicago in the early 80's and spent quite a bit of time in small bars and blues clubs witnessing some of the great blues performers live on stage. Probably saw Willie a half dozen times, as a songwriter and performer he was one of the best and played regularly
around town.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had these two with me all day today. GEC #74 & Klaas Whittler
View attachment 1582427

I’m at scout camp with my boy again this weekend.

kV8Mfmf.jpg

We were checking out the teepee, which got refurbed this last year. I was telling him how I used to camp here as a Cub Scout, and at the end of camp we’d wait by the teepee for our parents to come claim us.

asZHRDL.jpg

I said that they must have changed it up since then because it used to sit on a grassy hill. I remember that some boys planted pine saplings up there one summer as a service project. Then I thought about it for a minute and realized I’m getting old. :eek:

I’ve been carrying around this Case trapper that I can’t seem to kick out of my pocket.

4Gaak7c.jpg
I remember Camp O-Da-Kots from my days as an assistant Scout Master in my son’s troop!
Thanks, Jeff!! I'll probably eat lots of garlic next round, that aught to keep them back

That's an all around perfect foto! Knives + guitars!😮👍 I had an electric Ovation many years ago, a Viper, a great guitar, but I sold it before going to Germany. Just like knives, you regret getting rid of them later down the road!

The Bull Nose again for the weekend!
ZK6ngPy.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Yeah, Ovations are the red headed step child of acoustic guitars. They get a lot of derision until you need to plug in. Then there’s nothing better IMO.
These today

Harry
Beauty and class.
No idea what a bolt is, but I know a Bullnose will help!

After unpacking the car, I had to inspect my garden. The garlic are forming up scapes, so I cut a few to chop up in a stir fry of some asian mustard greens, kale, arugula, and pea pods.
These two were my road worthy companions for the drive.FD1698C7-F99C-4E42-8FDF-C0118FFD398E.jpegWe had a great family time at the wedding.
Here’s a gratuitous glamour shot of my grand daughter as we were all bidding farewell in the hotel lobby.
I’d like to think she got her Papa’s good looks, but know better.FAD03389-31FA-49C7-A808-A8E4E5091BF3.jpeg
You all were talking about (grumbling) about getting old...

Reminds me of something my Grandma said.
One of her great grandchildren said, 99? Who would want to live to be 99?!?!?

Grandme said~ “ someone who’s 98.”

Last edited:
I worry about that too Gary, but my neighbor tells me it’s fantastic. I have 3 years before I find out! 👍

Getting better each day, will say it’s been hanging on longer then I thought it would. Yes, that’s one of my several hats, a Father’s Day gift many years ago.😊

Thanks Gary! 👍

Great looking knives Marlinspike, your Otter and a Jack make a great pair! 😎👍
Thanks Todd!😊

Good looking garli
After unpacking the car, I had to inspect my garden. The garlic are forming up scapes, so I cut a few to chop up in a stir fry of some asian mustard greens, kale, arugula, and pea pods.
These two were my road worthy companions for the drive.
Good looking garlic and knives, Jeff. Hopefully that nice rain that came through yesterday hit your place as well. As for your granddaughter,
what an adorable child, you are blessed. 👍

LOL! :D I like your choice of cutlery Rachel :)
Thanks, Jack. It all came in handy at the Flag Day Picnic. (Flag Day is actually June 14, but the neighborhood party was today) I got too much sun, and was around more people all at once than I have in over a year. Whew, I'm exhausted!
Loving this acrylic 33!
CYRSHID.jpg
That is spiffy! Does the other side look just as good?

Good looking garli

Good looking garlic and knives, Jeff. Hopefully that nice rain that came through yesterday hit your place as well. As for your granddaughter,
what an adorable child, you are blessed. 👍
Aw, glad you got some, but dry as a bone here. I have deep mulch on my garden, which really helps, but I had to drag the hoses around this afternoon. We did hit a massive thunderstorm and epic downpour on Friday, just across the Mississippi... I had almost forgotten what that’s like!

And thank you! I am truly blessed.

Thank you very much, Jack!!! It never ceases to amaze me how many cutlery ventures Camillus had a hand in! :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, I had a former brother-in-law working for Rodgers-Wostenholm at the time, and even he didn't know where the blades came from (though he did know they came from the USA). The project was very hush-hush though, and none of the knives were ever sold in England. The Stockman was simply Wostenholm's existing pattern (see below), and the large Stockman was also made in Sheffield, but the large Lockback, and some of the others, were merely assembled and finished there :thumbsup:

bblPUyu.jpg

FYQ1bIK.jpg

iI6LIBK.jpg

Thanks a lot, Jack!!!

The shot of your Hartshead looks pretty darn regal, very cool; the Schrade OT is always a good, sturdy partner knife, too! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

These today

Harry

Fantastic Harry! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Toting two Scouts for Sunday, an Ulster from the late 50s/early 60s and a commemorative Remington BSA by Bear & Son. :)

Great to see another pair of Scouts from your wonderful collection JJ :) :thumbsup:

My trusty HHB and a healthy snack.
View attachment 1582281

Beautiful photo Bill :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack; I'm glad to hear you are still hiking. :thumbsup::) Good looking pair of knives, too.

Hanging in there Dean :D Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

I decided on this Case Sway Back in CV steel for my Sunday knife.

View attachment 1582304

They're great knives :) :thumbsup:

I win the poor housekeeping award for hardly trying today, except that I’ll probably be alright for what will be a long week at work. Tonight will be burgers on the grill and college baseball with this superb Redmeadow.

View attachment 1582368

Great lines :cool: :thumbsup:

Just back from the urban sprawl of the Bay Area.
I know some of our members live there, you all must have the patience of saints.
Switching knives now that I'm home... Just out of the mail, a Case Medium Stockman in Stag Bone.

Glad you made it there and back John, I bet you feel like Snake Plissken! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. It all came in handy at the Flag Day Picnic. (Flag Day is actually June 14, but the neighborhood party was today) I got too much sun, and was around more people all at once than I have in over a year. Whew, I'm exhausted!

Hope you're fully recovered today Rachel, Happy Flag Day! :) :thumbsup:

Have a good week everyone :thumbsup: Carrying my trusty Hartshead Barlow and an IXL Guide Knife recently gifted to me by my good pal H herder :) :thumbsup:

TsTuzXu.jpg

aOJCYSY.jpg

Back