What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

BokJEZC.jpg

I'm still recovering from my fall Saturday and I'm not doing anything today - zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing!!! Never fear though. Tomorrow is Tuesday (Wagon Wheel Cafe Day) and I will go there for lunch even if they have to carry me in hanging from a cherry picker. In the mean time, while watching TV today, I'll be carrying/coon fingering this GEC #93 Ram Foot. The covers are Cocobolo Wood but were not dark enough for my taste so, I put a flame to them and blackened them quite a bit.

1623689326681.png

I'm still recovering from my fall Saturday and I'm not doing anything today - zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing!!! Never fear though. Tomorrow is Tuesday (Wagon Wheel Cafe Day) and I will go there for lunch even if they have to carry me in hanging from a cherry picker. In the mean time, while watching TV today, I'll be carrying/coon fingering this GEC #93 Ram Foot. The covers are Cocobolo Wood but were not dark enough for my taste so, I put a flame to them and blackened them quite a bit.

View attachment 1582772
Hope you recover quickly Ed, and enjoy that Wagon Wheel meal tomorrow.

Stop the presses, late arrival today that will travel along with my half whittler;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Nice addition, it replaced my little rattler which also is nice but small ;)
G2

edited to add a nicer photo of the new one

Last edited:
Apparently today I prefer a particular size, shape and number of blades.
How could I have even known. The numbers are so seemingly random.
72 * 400 * 73 * 5 ... that's such an odd average of about 137.5

J8mtX5n.jpg
The wood on your 73 is so nice. I hope GEC gets back to finishing wood scales like that again some day. Looks beautiful.

Hanging in there Dean :D Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

They're great knives :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, I agree with you about Case Sway Back knives.

Beautiful photo with all the wood, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I used to think sawcut Barlows with color similar to your I*XL had wood handles.

You're taking some excellent photos of your fine knives lately, Dean! I enjoy the close-ups with colors and textures in the backgrounds that complement, or contrast with, the knives. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, Gary.

Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the view from my recliner while I'm doing absolutely nothing as I'm relaxing watching "Midsomer Murders" and coon fingering my Ram Foot. The old satellite antenna in the lower right corner of the picture is a relic of the past and not used anymore.

1623701004861.png

Tote'd Mr. Curly Maple with a teardrop to the post office
Case had sent a prepaid mailer and it arrived today
- Cover lifted pile side at blade bolster and can see daylight between cover and liner
- Blade so far off center not sure how it hasn't gotten into the blade well liner wall
If any-a-y'all work at Case, hook me up like Flint !!! Thanks :)

Yh6YQS2.jpg

Back