What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Rubythroat Rubythroat
THAT is just so Kool !!

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill
Elegance and toughness make quite the duo there. You may not know, yet one of my fave long—pulls of all time, is featured on that particular strawberry Robie! and twice!! those slanted ends scream style my friend!!

For the “wet one minute, sunny-humid the next” evening up here, some more… well it’s right there and even ghosted on the main
906F7265-9EC9-4C15-9479-C3FC4D12478F.jpeg
A great one to all:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the view from my recliner while I'm doing absolutely nothing as I'm relaxing watching "Midsomer Murders" and coon fingering my Ram Foot. The old satellite antenna in the lower right corner of the picture is a relic of the past and not used anymore.

View attachment 1582868
Back in the early to mid 80s I worked for my dad installing dishes, some up to 12’. We were installing them so fast we could hardly keep up, and then they scrambled the signals coming off the satellites and that really slowed things down. 😄 Haven’t seen one in a long time. How big is that one Ed, and how long has it been around?
He has been so interested in my pocket knives of late - he got his own little SAK in the mail today. When he saw that it has a spoon, he immediately asked for some cereal to try it out:)

enAAm3y.jpg
NyH6otT.jpg
That’s fantastic Rubythroat! 😄👍

He has been so interested in my pocket knives of late - he got his own little SAK in the mail today. When he saw that it has a spoon, he immediately asked for some cereal to try it out:)

enAAm3y.jpg
NyH6otT.jpg
SOooooo SMART to be so young. Can even use the big handled folding spoon and everything !!! AWESOME ... and the SAK too

Last edited:
I'm still recovering from my fall Saturday and I'm not doing anything today - zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing!!! Never fear though. Tomorrow is Tuesday (Wagon Wheel Cafe Day) and I will go there for lunch even if they have to carry me in hanging from a cherry picker. In the mean time, while watching TV today, I'll be carrying/coon fingering this GEC #93 Ram Foot. The covers are Cocobolo Wood but were not dark enough for my taste so, I put a flame to them and blackened them quite a bit.

View attachment 1582772
Hope you recover quickly Ed, and enjoy that Wagon Wheel meal tomorrow.

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill JJ Cahill JJ Cahill
Elegance and toughness make quite the duo there. You may not know, yet one of my fave long—pulls of all time, is featured on that particular strawberry Robie! and twice!! those slanted ends scream style my friend!!

For the “wet one minute, sunny-humid the next” evening up here, some more… well it’s right there and even ghosted on the main
906F7265-9EC9-4C15-9479-C3FC4D12478F.jpeg
Un-Chained Un-Chained
Thanks a lot!!! I've noticed you've been toting some more cool Robisons; they are all awesome, but some of those with their pre-WWII steel make nearly unparalleled slicers!
Great looking Puma today! I've always been a fan of them :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very cool... much better than the service I got from the Rough Ryder people, that basically told me to return the knives on my own dime. :mad:
Case did offer me that option. I got the return authorization email 2wks ago and could have sent the knife in then, on my dime, as long as the repair number was on the outside of the package and the email attachment repair form was completed and inside the package.

They also, 2wks ago stated in email, "Since you mention the knife is brand new, we would like to send a postage-paid mailer to you to use to return the knife to us for quality inspection." ... so I decided to wait for the pre-paid mailer. Not like I needed a knife as soon as possible LOL.

BUT, it was taking so long to get the mailer (just arrived today) ... I was beginning to wonder if the pre-paid mailer thing really was just something "they would LIKE to send" HA

I purchased the knife on May 19th and immediately filed a repair request as soon as I received it ... and only now, almost a month later, am fully allowed to send it back on THEIR dime.

I fully expect it will be a good couple of more months before I see Mr. Curly Maple again.

Last edited:
Alox knife this week is a Vic Secretary (thanks, Ken):
secretary.mark.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Pocket Pal (essentially the celidor version of the previous knife):
pocketpal1.deckrail.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is a Rough Rider scout pattern:
camper.red.mark.open.jpg

International Knife this week is a Mercator Black Cat:
merc.mark.open.raisedbed.jpg

- GT

Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the view from my recliner while I'm doing absolutely nothing as I'm relaxing watching "Midsomer Murders" and coon fingering my Ram Foot. The old satellite antenna in the lower right corner of the picture is a relic of the past and not used anymore
Looks good, Ed! Enjoy!
Here's an east coast recliner view as I settle in for some TV......

XJEpceB.jpg

I'm 🎻 fiddling with my new Ironwood Boker.
AKYsLqm.jpg

Back