What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I carried my 2020 BF knife today. (Please excuse the smudgy blade.) Looking forward to the next poll for the 2021.

n1WB9tr.jpg
Looks great to me!😉👍

Note that the pivot pin says F&F. That’s your reminder that it’s not supposed to be a safe queen.:cool:

I’m admiring that pretty spalted wood backdrop.
I think it would make a nice top on a telecaster...
Noted!

I have failed at “Safe Queening” a couple of times. I don’t try it anymore. But this bullnose is certainly destined for a life of hard work and honest patina. I’ll keep it relatively nice because it’s destined to be passed down to my boy Sam. He already has his eye on it. I call him my “Bull”, so he’s already claimed it!

I wish I had more of that spalted oak or I’d send you a hunk. I used it up on all kinds of projects. Amazing when you find a log that has started to rot perfectly but is still solid. Nature blows my mind.

I never did get one of those, but I always thought they looked like a great work knife, despite all the criticism when they were released. 👍
I love it. I did the early reserve for mine and laughed when they sat around. Kind of wish I grabbed a gitd when I had the chance, but oh well.

D51FA33B-EB68-46D2-9C8F-C157F2507037.jpeg
carrying my new to me IRJ for the first time. I’m a big fan of the red on it.

Got an envelope via US Mail yesterday from JohnDF. I’m now a proud owner of one of his slips. Really, pocket sheath, or pocket holster may be more accurate. And he didn’t send it empty!
This Boker Jack was in it...View attachment 1583259Sweet, sweet knife. The sound it makes snapping open from half stop, and closing from half stop is pure music.
View attachment 1583260
Being trapper Tuesday, the big Case is riding snug in the sheath. The Boker will get the dirty work because as John said, “they made them good back then.”
Thank you, JohnDF!

And although no one asked, yesterday I DID complete the designated pruning task with the slim scalpel Vic hawkbill florist~ removing the lower branches and the suckers from a row of tomatoes.
Enjoy your day!
Beautiful sheath by JohnDF JohnDF and a sweet Boker as well.

Got an envelope via US Mail yesterday from JohnDF. I’m now a proud owner of one of his slips. Really, pocket sheath, or pocket holster may be more accurate. And he didn’t send it empty!
This Boker Jack was in it...View attachment 1583259Sweet, sweet knife. The sound it makes snapping open from half stop, and closing from half stop is pure music.
View attachment 1583260
Being trapper Tuesday, the big Case is riding snug in the sheath. The Boker will get the dirty work because as John said, “they made them good back then.”
Thank you, JohnDF!

Congratulations, that's a very nice slip and knife. Good on ya, JohnDF JohnDF .

I'm toting this pair today.
tm4ogZv.jpg

Back