What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I am really trying to like this hibbard spencer bartlett but i dont think i can get over how bad it has been buffed and polished! I bought it only seeing dimly lit photos and had no idea how much it had been altered. Now everytime i look at it it reminds me ☹ maybe if i force some quality time i will get over it. I had the lambsfoot along today as well. View attachment 1583546 View attachment 1583551
The bone on that HSB is spectacular. It's a shame to see the overbuffing, but I know I could knock the shine off that old knife pretty quick. ;):thumbsup: Cut some pickled jalapenos and onions, slice some limes for vodka tonics, etc. and it'll have a nice patina before you know it.

black mamba

Gold Member
Greg, if you have a GEC lockback (83, 72, 42), how does your Queen 4L compare in the lockup/blade play?

Or anyone else who has both brands to compare.

Today I switched back to my large Boker stockman in stag and 440C. Dang, this is a nice knife!

waDAq9Q.jpg

0az7Nr7.jpg

black mamba

Gold Member
Thanks, Bruce! It is a big knife, 4.08" closed, and even with all that gnarly character is only .65" thick at its widest point. Still very pocketable.
And the 440C steel doesn't hurt, either.