What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Greg, if you have a GEC lockback (83, 72, 42), how does your Queen 4L compare in the lockup/blade play?
Jeff, this one compared to my GEC 72 has only slightly more up and down blade play. Both are very slight although the 72 feels more solid when locked up as the 4L has what feels like a pretty weak spring. I do have another DFC Queen 4L in Blackwood that is very sloppy and has side to side + up and down blade wobble. That as well as the poorly fitted shield bothers me enough that I rarely carry it anymore.
Although similar to the 4L the GEC 72 feels much more comfortable in hand with its slightly thicker and more rounded handle.
On a side note my Queen 3L Mountain Man also has very slight up and down play but locks up extremely solid, the downside is that it will almost bruise yer thumb depressing the back spring lock to release it. :)
View attachment 1583968

Last edited:
Trying out a #48 Improved Trapper today. I've had this knife for a wee bit now (my first 48) and it's a knife I've long had an interest in. The Stag is not my best Stag but it has good matching thickness and isn't entirely unattractive. I'm still figuring out my thoughts on it.

R1kdcYm.jpg

That’s a really nice looking barlow Dean!
😎👍
Very nice Dean :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you both for your knife compliment.

Hope everyone is having a good week, the Guardians thread reached 50,000 posts yesterday, so it seemed appropriate to carry my 2017 Guardians SFO, and I'm adding this Abram Brooksbank ;) Please enter the giveaway linked to in my sig line :thumbsup:

V9plg8s.jpg

ZscmnGx.jpg

Those are bright and beautiful covers on the Guardians SFO, Jack. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good holiday choice, Dean!

- GT

Thank you, Gary. :)

Sounds like you have been well and truly bitten by the Vox bug Gary! :D Looking forward to seeing your Mouse :cool: Class pair there :) :thumbsup:
I put the blame squarely on T thefrank Jack! ;) I do like many of Jesper's designs. In particular those that resemble that Nessmi of his. The GMF1-F shares many of the Nessmi's characteristics.

JohnDF JohnDF
I thought about putting a mouse trap in the mailbox for a photo op, but decided against it!😁

Those are bright and beautiful covers on the Guardians SFO, Jack. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Dean, that's very kind of you :) Giveaway in the Guardians thread if you fancy ambling over (everyone welcome) ;) :thumbsup:
I put the blame squarely on T thefrank Jack! ;) I do like many of Jesper's designs. In particular those that resemble that Nessmi of his. The GMF1-F shares many of the Nessmi's characteristics.

JohnDF JohnDF
I thought about putting a mouse trap in the mailbox for a photo op, but decided against it!😁
Me too Gary, they're very distinctive :) Are you intending to put covers on the Mouse or leave it naked?! :eek: ;) :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:
Many thanks, Jack!!! In my morning madness I forgot what day it is o_O :thumbsup::thumbsup:
That happens all the time for me JJ! :D Carrying some wood tomorrow, with my Hartshead Barlow! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Out early in the morning, and thought I'd have a Double Lambsfoot Day :) :) :thumbsup:

losV0Ah.jpg

8PgQsm7.jpg

Trying out a #48 Improved Trapper today. I've had this knife for a wee bit now (my first 48) and it's a knife I've long had an interest in. The Stag is not my best Stag but it has good matching thickness and isn't entirely unattractive. I'm still figuring out my thoughts on it.

R1kdcYm.jpg
Looks great to me. Pairs really nicely with that red bone fixed blade you have! Carry it in good health, my friend.

Back