What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Every time I see this knife it makes me want to buy a slim, but then I realize like 90% of the cool factor is coming from those covers. You may have info in another thread, but did you make those yourself?
Sure did, thanks for the kind words, it's a favorite.
Spent the evening working for OR F&W counting Chinook coming up the fish ladder and diverting hatchery fish.
20210616_162624_copy_1224x1234.jpg20210616_220335_copy_2953x2937.jpg

This boy's knife just speaks to my soul ... sometimes without saying a word

w0nhF0J.jpg

Jim said bees wouldn't sting idiots; but I didn't believe that, because I had tried them lots of times myself, and they wouldn't sting me ~ Huckleberry Finn

buq0ap4.jpg
Nice red in those Boy’s Knife handles. Looks like ole Huck carried a Schrade-Walden H15 (artist liberty I assume!). OH

Sure did, thanks for the kind words, it's a favorite.
Spent the evening working for OR F&W counting Chinook coming up the fish ladder and diverting hatchery fish.
View attachment 1584211View attachment 1584212
Nice picture of your Pena Josh. Sounds like you had an interesting evening. When I was 12 I helped the local fisheries biologist shock our lake for a fish survey. Weighed and measured every fish from the smallest sunfish to the largest carp and everything in between. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven! 😂

30AE9A26-1133-4782-9CAB-00A034B34F43.jpeg5F2EE585-6E43-4ABD-868A-A56CABD6579F.jpeg
I am participating in the Thrifty Thursday observations today with these two unpretentious working man’s budget knives. Well, Sears did call this particular stockman a “Bowie”, which is a bit presumptious if not pretentious. And someone here may know... I cannot tell for sure who made it~Ulster, Camillus, or Schrade.
A couple of years ago, I showed another Craftsman stockman, and it was either TheChunk91 TheChunk91 or SteveC SteveC who identified it as an Ulster for me.
I really should use the Sabre Daddy Barlow more often, because for a cheap knife, it’s not bad. Back when made in Japan meant cheap, that’s where the thrifty knives came from. I remember (and still have) the Sabre fish knife Grandpa bought me at Jack’s Sporting Goods in Camdenton, Missouri when I was just a kid. Mid ‘60s..,
And I really like the sawcut bone slabs. Sawcut bone slabs on a budget barlow are perfect, because they take very little production time. And even less skill and artistry. Sawcut just screams cheap budget barlow. I just mentioned that for no particular reason, I guess something made me think of it. 😗 😜

A wonderful Barlow. 🤠:thumbsup:
You keep this up and you'll put Robeson back in business. ;):thumbsup:
A special knife to be sure. 🤠:thumbsup:
Those knives pair well with the Olive Bugger. ;):thumbsup:
Very handy. I've often wished for the reverse. small Sheepsfoot and big fat Spear.
Nice Gunstock, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
I've got one with their traditional shield and jigged bone... a very well put-together knife.
Nice Bowie Knife, Jeff. ;)

Here are 3 Rough Riders I'm carrying this week.
RR canittler as Watchpocket Knife and RR Half Hawk as Big Knife (both in smooth tobacco bone) and a RR gunstock (thanks, Barrett) as Miscellaneous Knife:
View attachment 1584303

View attachment 1584304

- GT
Nice Gary, that canittler and half hawk are sweet! Those are two I was never able to pick up! 😎👍
Those knives pair well with the Olive Bugger. ;):thumbsup:
Thanks John, I’ll probably be tying several of those for my short fishing trip next week. The weather forecast looks great for camping. 👍
My Usual Lamb and an Imperial Barlow for Thrifty Thursday
Sweet pair right there! 😉👍

Back