What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

toda1342.jpg

toda1343.jpg

Have a nice day 😎

I grabbed this burly stag covered stockman for Sunday. :)
You let the dogs out, JJ; quite a pack of hounds!

Intriguing trio of knives, Jer!
Sorry to read about your cardiac condition. Seems like lots of folks make a full recovery with appropriate treatment and rehab, but your heart has to be in it. Be sure to advocate for yourself when you deal with the cardiologists: we give them our hearts, but they want our souls (don't think twice, it's all right).

I won this as second prize in a junior tomahawk throwing contest in the late 70s. It was the first “real” knife I ever had besides Imperials and Colonials. It started a love of collecting that’s lasted well over four decades; plus I still have the tomahawk I used that day too. A lot of treasured memories!

CbcS9Cd.jpg
That pen knife is a splendid memento from your youth; cool story!

I had a Sears Ted Williams baseball glove too!
It served me well.
Small world! I wish I still had mine; it was still in great shape, although a little small, when I got a new one while in high school. I have no idea what happened to the old Sears glove after I replaced it.

AGR Reverse Congress Muskrat

l2Z3ZRE.jpg

That's a really fascinating knife (but those tang corners look like they could do some major damage)!

GTZvakA.jpg

Le Thiers par Chambriard.
(Le Compact)
Elegant French knife, Vince!

Bird in the hand while waiting for three in the bush
1 still being handmade at Fontenille Pataud
1 still in queue for warranty repair at Case
1 leisurely touring USPS facilities as if by PRESIDENTIAL mandate

r27Q0OH.jpg
Those Presidentials always get my full attention!

Have a good week folks :) I'm carrying my regular Hartshead Barlow, and a Vic Farmer, in solidarity with JohnDF JohnDF :D ;) :thumbsup:
E5S1Kw1.jpg
Grand couple of knives, Jack, and fabulous photo of the Farmer "in the wild"!

Superb whittler, and amazing color coordination between knife and insect!

Monday traditional carry. Also my newest knife, this thread is directly to blame for it's purchase :p
RhUthon.jpg
Congrats on the new Böker Barlow; superior spearpoint!

View attachment 1607422
If they feel good, pretty doesn’t matter.
That's a good attitude about so many things, Jeff!

All the Turkish Clip main blade talk in the other thread has me pocketing this Uncle Henry 897UH today. OH

Schrade-Uncle-Henry-897-UH-stainless-steel.jpg
I think the 897UH is an ideal medium stockman!

It prompted me to pocket the post-turkish clip Butter & Molasses. 😁
bVbsZ3C.jpg

Thanks, Jack! I just took a new pic, to show how low the blades sit.
5J2enCv.jpg
Such a smooth profile, striking covers, and slender blades!

I don’t have a black Cadet to carry in support for John, but I’ll have this black Bantam and my Jack in my pocket today. And, I think I’m going to remedy that Cadetless situation later today! 😉👍View attachment 1607444
Congrats on the black Alox, Todd; you have a rainbow of Bantams!

Buck 309 Companion model today....found yesterday in one of the knife boxes I have...bought it as my 1st new Buck knife in late 70's as a lawn mowing kid lol...many days in my pocket, snapped the tip by dropping it into the maple floor of my high school but sharpened somewhat of a useable tip back to it...40-something years with me...cheers!
Very cool that you turned up that old friend!

Going with a Case Sowbelly today.
O2jA6Xr.jpg
Sublime sowbelly stockman!

Buck 501 and a Vic Alox. I sure do hope JohnDF JohnDF appreciates the sacrifice so many of us are making to carry a Vic Alox so as to be in solidarity with him.🙄 Safe travels John.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1607483
Pretty and practical pair of pocketknives, ED!

Your self sacrificial burden bearing is an inspiration to us all, Ed.
I came close to buying an alox sak last year. But I always held off, because of the price compared to the cellidors.
But they have s new model that I think will make the perfect everyday garden knife for me~
View attachment 1607565They call it the 7. Five blades, but seven functions if you consider that the utlity blade is a screwdriver, cap lifter, and wire stripper. I could actually come up with some more functions if you’re brave enough :eek:

Congrats on picking up the new and versatile Alox SAK, Jeff!

Mustang and a Possum

apQjQFr.jpg
3 superlative blades in that shot, Steve!

Thx much GT. The bagel was tasty and has left the building! LOL
Sounds great, Bill! :):thumbsup:

- GT

Discovered my old Schrade 6OT hiding in the back pocket with a bandanna. Considering how badly abused - digging in the ground, hacking vines, cutting wire, etc. - it was, its in great shape. Its got some wobble, but not too bad. A few strokes on a stone, couple more on a ceramic and I managed to cut myself with it View attachment 1607704 A testament to how tough these old Schrades were. I always had a pocket knife on me, but this one got all the nasty jobs. Cleaned up well.
View attachment 1607705

Admiring the pic and I realize its still got mud in the nail nick
Glad you rediscovered that old war horse!

That electrician knife looks great with the old glass insulators!

I randomly picked my Lambsfoot today, and came up with this Ebony Lamb I picked up in 2014 Carrying it with my new @glennbad Biscuit Have a good day everyone
:thumbsup:

CQrG0Va.jpg

g5uhUZC.jpg
World-class ebony and stag, Jack!

Good morning, Gary. The credit goes to Jason Ritchie who did the recover work, he choose some handsome rosewood. I just polish it with a mix of mineral oil and beeswax like I do on all my wood handled knives. It has darkened in the 2 or so years since I've had it.
Thanks for the info, Greg. I have some wood handles that seem to be getting rather dry, so I think I'll try your method. (Actually, I'll probably turn it into an experiment, and do one knife with mineral oil, one with beeswax, and one with your mix.)

View attachment 1607977

y’all have a good one.
Jon, you consistently post knockout knives! That stag muskrat is memorable!

I thought the same thing, GT. 🤣
But then I remembered what total idiots tourists can be and thought it was a pretty good choice.
I don't think I'll get harassed for my Cadet though.
Good point about tourists.

Enjoying Wyoming, but it never used to be THIS crowded... it's worse than Disneyland now.
It was fun to visit one of my old haunts... spent a lot of time in this place, playing pool, dancing, and drinking with friends.

Took my Lamb to town last night, but sticking with the Cadet for road travel.
That's really an outstanding pair of road trip knives!

Thanks Gary. Funny you say that about the family history. In our family we always say when things go sideways, “We’re making memories!”
I like your attitude, and it got my wife and I discussing the first time we went to the vacation spot we've returned to for over 30 consecutive years. We agreed that we had "made some memories", but we certainly had substantially different memories about some of our experiences!

That's a sensational and versatile trio, Paul!

Sweet knife, Mike; my yellow CV Case pen is one of my favorites!

Well, you’re out west, so we’re a couple of hours ahead of you.
I could tell you what you did the rest of Tuesday, but I’ll let you be surprised.
🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓 Time travel perplexes me! o_O

Stunning knife, Tim!

Two for Tuesday

UCCBT4w.jpg
Notable pair, Mike! I think the jigged bone WCLF is one of the best looking open knives I've seen, and that yellow Apprentice seems quite rare!

WOooHOoo !!! Sod Buster (born on 2/22/2021 ... a Monday) arrived today and shown with a 2015 version of the SB Jr.

fLS8DGI.jpg

Congrats on the big new Sod Buster, Jim!

huh ... I guess it didn't post ...
Rough Ryder Classic carbon RR2040 Barlow (2 blade Tuesday) and RR1740 XL Stockman.
Retaining the Marbles MR139 Douk Douk style/type fishing knofe and MR278 G.I. Utility Knife/Demo Knife for a few more dayys carry.View attachment 1608183
I think I saw it in the "Citadel" thread.

Enviable pair of knives, José!

Thanks, Gary. The Peanut is about the size of knife my father carried. I believe he usually had a two-blade (clip and pen) opposite end knife. Good size for dress pants.
Vince, I think a Peanut is a nice little knife, but I prefer your father's choice of the pen knife set-up with blades at opposite ends.

Back to your former whittler/equal end theme; grand example, Greg!

- GT

I like your attitude, and it got my wife and I discussing the first time we went to the vacation spot we've returned to for over 30 consecutive years. We agreed that we had "made some memories", but we certainly had substantially different memories about some of our experiences!

- GT
Thanks Gary. Couldn’t agree more about different memories. When we go on a beach vacation my wife remembers the sand between her toes, and I remember all the sand in my suburban! 😂👍
Toured the Tetons yesterday...

SAK is still serving me well...
Great pictures John, sounds like you’re having a great time. 😎👍

Back