What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good, good. The training goes on. The next milestone is when she asks to use your knife. 40 years in, and we seem to be stuck at this stage of the training. The next step would be getting her to carry her own, but that’s a tough one. I guess she knows I’m close by 😜

Love to see the healthy homegrown food!

Interesting courting ritual. Good luck!

Nice fixed blade!

Careful! No need to overdue it!

Thanks Jeff! We are in the stage where she carries a knife (she absconded my beloved orange ALOX Farmer), but strangely she won’t use the main blade. Claims it is “too” sharp. But she will use the other tools. So similar to you we are in the “cut this for me” stage :).

While not being the biggest fan of the Stockman pattern in general, I really like this particular Winchester specimen.

Camillus #70 and #72

oDrreBj.jpg

I love the photos of your two awesome Yorkshire/Sheffield slicers, it's two lovely views of some of your local treasures! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two Sheffield slicers for the Saturday before Yorkshire Day. :)
Thank you very much JJ, it's great to see those two Sheffield knives together :) :thumbsup:

I'll be out celebrating Yorkshire Day tomorrow, and if you've missed it, I'm running a giveaway in the Guardians thread (see the link in my sig line), I'll be having a double Lambsfoot day ;) Have a great day everyone :) :thumbsup:

7BRQPpT.jpg

gmd8rFf.jpg

Thank you very much JJ, it's great to see those two Sheffield knives together :) :thumbsup:

I'll be out celebrating Yorkshire Day tomorrow, and if you've missed it, I'm running a giveaway in the Guardians thread (see the link in my sig line), I'll be having a double Lambsfoot day ;) Have a great day everyone :) :thumbsup:

7BRQPpT.jpg

gmd8rFf.jpg
Thank you very much, Jack!!! :)
A wonderful pair of Lambsfoot beauties to celebrate Yorkshire Day! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm sure you'll have a grand time out and about, tomorrow; I'll be looking forward to your Guardians postings!😁:thumbsup::thumbsup:

WCwEDXD.jpg

These two on a Stagurday!

On another note, I believe I have lost my #73 drop point in stag 😢😢😢. Somewhere between California and Wyoming. Tore my wife's car apart looking for it, went through my empty duffle bag. Retraced my steps. Dang. This is horrible. Did another comb today... Nothing...😫😫😫

Did some trout stream fishing with my son today. Just a perfect day to be out. Had some Ohta stag in my pocket.

szRFgM0.jpg
Sounds like a great day, hope you had good luck! 👍
WCwEDXD.jpg

On another note, I believe I have lost my #73 drop point in stag 😢😢😢. Somewhere between California and Wyoming. Tore my wife's car apart looking for it, went through my empty duffle bag. Retraced my steps. Dang. This is horrible. Did another comb today... Nothing...😫😫😫
That’s awful, hopefully it will turn up somewhere where you least expect it. 🤞

WCwEDXD.jpg

Dang!! We’ve all been there and I hope you get to enjoy its miraculous reappearance. While we’ve all undoubtedly lost knives, I have had several that I’ve given up for gone show up. Sometimes years later!! Keep the faith!

WCwEDXD.jpg

Dang, that stinks. Hope you find your 73.

Back