What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sawcut spear Saturday

50987998348_ac6e26bded_k.jpg

Each week I carry a couple of stockman examples and a couple of canoe examples. This week's carries in those categories:
Rough Rider Silver Select sowbelly stockman
silverselect.sow.pile.open.ant.jpg

Kingston cattle knife is stockmanesque (thanks, Mark)
cattleknife.closed.jpg

Rough Rider ram's horn bone canoe
canoe.ram.mark.closed.sun.jpg

Colt stag canoe
stag.canoe.mark.open.jpg

Amazing selection of knives especially canoes, Gary.;)👍

Fieldmaster SAK just like every other day for as many years as this model has been available ( I can't remember what I did yesterday). I've beat the crap out of several of these over many years and when I wear out I gift it to some kid and get me a shiny new one. I have a rotation of fixed blades but I can't live without my Fieldmaster.
I think that’s close to my favorite Wenger, the Handyman.

5A2D00F6-8E71-40E9-9F2B-9C675B5486FC.jpegSchrade Walden 294 for observation of Schradurday. Good blade combo on this jack. Not all that common, so I’m glad to have this user that’s already got some age spots.B1EFA5F4-779C-4A02-B6A9-A1C2F97C092C.jpegAnd, for my recognition of SAKturday, this thing, aka: Harvester/Pioneer 7. 578E055B-2067-41A9-BA2C-F95F49C0C3C0.jpegAnd forgive me, but since it’s pushing 40 years old, this could be called “traditional”. It’s certainly trad with me. Everyday it takes the ugly jobs that keep my user pocket knives from becoming beater pocket knives. And I cannot tell you how many times it saves me a trip to the toolbox in the garage.A9704E83-F736-4F28-8469-8FFBC23D33A4.jpeg
Have fun, but stay out of trouble.

Last edited:
Thanks John. It was an enjoyable day. Good friends, good weather, large mechanical devices :D
View attachment 1637957

A different kind of Case:
View attachment 1637958View attachment 1637959

Relaxing with a more familiar type of Case :)

View attachment 1637964
I certainly enjoyed your photos my friend . Beautiful knife and some great photos of the Case Steam Engine . I retired from Case in 2001 and they gave me a small Model Copy of that very one . Did they have any of those old steamers running ???

Harry

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Chinese Imperial cracked ice mini canoe:
imp.canoetiny.mark.closed.jpg

Peanut of the Week is a Case delrin TruSharp model (thanks for the GAW, Cory):
cory.peanut.mark.slip.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Marbles ram's horn Barlow (on a Böker cap?? o_O🤓):
barlow.ram.mark.open.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is Cracker Jack, my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO from 2018:
CJ.pile.lettuceblossoms.overcolor.jpg

- GT

I certainly enjoyed your photos my friend . Beautiful knife and some great photos of the Case Steam Engine . I retired from Case in 2001 and they gave me a small Model Copy of that very one . Did they have any of those old steamers running ???

Harry
Thanks Harry. There were 5 or 6 of them building steam while we were there. They have a tractor parade on the grounds. Mostly vintage gas/diesel tractors, but there are always a few of the old steam tractors in it too. There was one running that was being used to power a rock crusher. I have a short video of it running. Its my first intentional vid :D
Unfortunately I have not, as yet, figured out how to post a vid. If I do, I'll post it over in Carl's Lounge.

Some stag today for Saturday:
2018 301 1.JPG

Cute Pups!!! 🤠 :thumbsup:
Great knife... Nice job bringing that tip down. 🤠:thumbsup:
Great pictures. Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing. 🤠:thumbsup:
Three knives today, Jack? 🤠:thumbsup:
All spectacular. You must have big plans today.
Another cute pup. 🤠:thumbsup:
James, that photo is gorgeous!!! 🤠:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A big chunk of a knife, with really good stag. 🤠:thumbsup:
Dueling Bisons. Great photo setup. 🤠:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice to see the Lamb with the awesome name... Cracker jack. 🤠:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back