What Victorinox is in your pocket?

Other SAK knives are also welcome for comparison. In my case is a Victorinox Waiter with cellidor scales. Blade, combiantion tool of screwdriver/cap lifter/can opener, corkscrew.

show_image.php

Last edited:
None. On any given day I'll be carrying a slipjoint of some sort. However, the Farmer stays in my bag.

- Christian

same here, my fieldmaster is always in my bag/pack; otherwise, I keep my sng in my front right pocket and a traditional in a belt sheath...

Tourist is my favorite. I have a Rally on the way. I wanted a small SAK with a bottle opener and i don't care about scissors so i didn't go for the Rambler.

Today and every day, just a vic classic on my key ring. Some days, a Farmer is in the pocket as well. It's really not a big knife, but so handy.

For the last 30+ years either a Farmer, Director, or Rucksack depending on the daily plans, I also keep a Ranger In my vehicle, but today no Vic, I have a B & H German army knife given to me by another forum member.

Pete

Executive is always clipped to the inside of my bag. Peel an orange, push a cuticle, all the critical office tasks :D

VWiPGC3.jpg

Today it's a Victorinox Compact (in black scales) and a GEC 15 Boys knife in antique yellow bone. I like the additional scale tools in the Compact (along with the tweezers and toothpick, the Compact includes a straight pin and a ballpoint pen). And the GEC 15 is almost the perfect jack knife IMHO.

The Compact is probably my favorite model! Awesome

Me too. I just picked up the Compact a couple months ago and have already come to appreciate the minimalism of the tools included. I can't tell you how many times I've been out to lunch or dinner and a waiter or waitress forgets to hand me a pen with the check. Glad I always have one on me because of this knife. The only tool that puzzles me is the "parcel hook." I don't recall anyone using string to tie up a package within the last 100 years or so. Ha! But the hook has a nail file on the outside shaft, which I use quite frequently. I only wish it came in Alox.

I rarely have one in my pocket, except when my car keys are in my pocket. I have Classic size Vics on each of my keyrings. I have a Huntsman in the lap drawer of my desk at work, a Gardener and my nearly 30 year old Fieldmaster on my desk at home. Each of our vehicles have Rescue Tools in them, and I have a Climber in my bookbag.

ETA: I missed the photo tag, so since you asked, here are some of mine.

Two of my three keyrings

keyringVics_zps5124b531.jpg

Translucent blue classic on my wife's keyring, and old green one on my other keyring

SAKfamilyadditions.jpg

One of these in each of our three vehicles

IMG_1030.jpg

The three nylons, Fieldmaster, Gardener, Climber

VicNylonsDec2a.jpg

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the SwissTool RS, seen here when I used it to assist removing cracked and chipped cellidor handles from the Fieldmaster before replacing them with nylon.

Fieldmasternylonreplacementc.jpg

Last edited:
I always carry this one:
SAK_small_zps9d8f590c.jpg

Ever since I discovered all these other tratitionals here, the main blade on my SAK became useless (or at least redundant). But the other things I still needed regularly, so I modified this one to my liking. The traditionals always get rotated, but this one is a constant companion.

I had one of these three in my pocket daily for about twenty years:
7103044201_11d95f72ae_z.jpg

Er, closer look:
6956972048_d2fff0f258.jpg

The turquoise number on the left, complete with tweezers and fully removable pen, is the oldest. The middle one's a Wenger on which the shield wore off; the Victorinox on the right is the newest. 10-15 years old now, maybe?

Since the discovery of other knives, these Classics have been relegated to desk or clipped-into-bags-just-in-case duties and not pocketed, but one 'em is probably still all I'd need day-to-day.

Sshhhhhhhhhh.

~ P.

Just a nicely used black classic on my keychain. I've had one on me forever in some color or another; feel weird when I need it and don't have it, that's for sure!

I have carried this every day to work since receiving it from my girls for Fathers day. I have no complaints at all and love that they put a half stop on the screwdriver to allow for more leverage :)

Jeff, I've seen it before but never found time to compliment you on your fine SAK---love it my friend!!! You couldn't blame anyone if they where to drool like Sarah :p

Paul

Why thank you Paul. The little florist knife you gifted me doesnt get any camera time but it sees a lot of use. My wife has made me leave it in her little tray/center console out in the explorer so she has a nice sharp blade she cant poke herself with ;). I dont think the farmer will be my last either. I am finding that SAK's make great partners with a little traditional. I have you to blame Paul :thumbup: :)

There I was, minding my own business, when suddenly:

You couldn't blame anyone if they were to drool like Sarah :p

Would that everyone who drooled, drooled like I. As in, didn't. Let alone audibly.

Seems I need to stock up on these today:
head_slap.gif~original

(Is it any wonder Photobucket's alerting me that I'm nearing my bandwidth for the month?!)

:)D)

~ P.

Back