What watch do you wear?

It sure does! It keeps near perfect time as well. I did have it cleaned and lubricated by a watch smith who specializes in key wind watches. Not a scratch in the original crystal and no chips, cracks, or dis coloring on the porcelain face. I really enjoy wearing it.

Visited a natural hot spring today, and took off my laco watch since it's a leather band, dropped it on a bed of gravel and landed face down. In my head I heard 'ouch!'. Nothing on the face or case. Me likey

Every wrist watch I've ever worn just stopped after a day or two. I'd give them away and they'd work fine, so now I wear an 1800's era J. Favre Jacot key wind/key set pocket watch. It keeps amazing time and I've had no problems with it.

How do you mean every watch you've had has stopped working after a day or two? Do they stop due to damage from an active lifestyle? Or are you trying to infer something about the quality of the watches you've purchased? Or is it something else?

I wear my Rolex Explorer 114270 everyday. It's unassuming, tough as nails, and it works with jeans or a suit.

My Tissot T Touch died with a low battery indication and lo, the local Swatch service center wants me to shell $350 to fix it. Rubbish watches.

I don't know why they stop working, they just do. It's really weird. I give them to someone else and they run fine. It doesn't matter if they're mechanical or battery powered either. They don't get abused or anything else, they just stop. I've had this phenomenon with every wrist watch I've had during my life. I've not had any of these problems with pocket watches. I can't explain it.

Casio Edifice EFA-121D-7AV

Another cheap watch

EFA-121D1.jpg EFA-121D2.jpg EFA-121D3.jpg
attachment.php

It has a heavy, well-finished, folded link bracelet — something you don't often see nowadays. It doesn't pull hair (much) but it's challenging to resize. I had one on an old Orient and I have a scar on my thumb from resizing it. This time I did it without cutting my fingers or breaking my tool (the back layer awl/reamer on a Victorinox SAK).

EFA-121D1.jpgEFA-121D2.jpgEFA-121D3.jpg

Last edited:
Casio model 3140 digital, radio controlled watch.

I mainly tend to now alternate between this one, and my analog Citizen BM7080-03E model.

Got the Casio at Target. Normally $50. But at the register it rung up as only $15. On sale, and I didn't know it. A nice little happy surprise. Most of the surprises I get are far from happy ones. Watch works great by the way. It's not a G-Shock. But quite tough and packed with useful features. Plus, it's accurate down to the second thanks to being radio controlled.

I don't know why they stop working, they just do. It's really weird. I give them to someone else and they run fine. It doesn't matter if they're mechanical or battery powered either. They don't get abused or anything else, they just stop. I've had this phenomenon with every wrist watch I've had during my life. I've not had any of these problems with pocket watches. I can't explain it.

My uncle is the same way. He can only wear a digital watch, and can't carry a compass without it messing up, and some digital watches will run out of time quickly. I've known a couple of people who for whatever reason just affect complex devices that way, but as far as I know, no one has tested why. Although with the internet, maybe more people are like that, and someone could figure out why.

My uncle is the same way. He can only wear a digital watch, and can't carry a compass without it messing up, and some digital watches will run out of time quickly. I've known a couple of people who for whatever reason just affect complex devices that way, but as far as I know, no one has tested why. Although with the internet, maybe more people are like that, and someone could figure out why.

They probably should look up Professor Charles Xavier... those people probably have latent mutant abilities that can be developed further at the Academy.

I have the same problem to there's a theory that iron in our blood has a magnetic effect on the mechanisms.

I used to wear cheap Nixon watches. I had the Time Teller P in a couple different colors, and that was fun. If I were gonna' wear one today it'd be a Hamilton Pioneer or something similar and classic looking.

Hamilton-Khaki-Navy-Pioneer-01.jpg

1_55.jpg

That's my style I think. :)

Back