What watch do you wear?

Getting back on topic....

Here are my two daily wear watches.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I can't take a cell phone in the office. No transmitters. No recording devices. No photography devices. No computers. No portable/removable media or other electronic storage devices. Nothing even like them. Not even a Fitbit. Subject to entry and exit searches/wanding. I'll keep wearing a wrist watch, thank you.

ditto... we can't take phones or tablets anywhere "important" lol, so i'll keep wearing my seiko skx-007 at least until work finally decides on a unit watch and if it's not too tacky i might buy one... trying to swing them on the Marathon GSAR series (pics when and if it ever comes in)

I can't take a cell phone in the office. No transmitters. No recording devices. No photography devices. No computers. No portable/removable media or other electronic storage devices. Nothing even like them. Not even a Fitbit. Subject to entry and exit searches/wanding. I'll keep wearing a wrist watch, thank you.

I'm just old and frumpy. I simply choose to wear them.

After wearing my titanium Omega for a while, I decided to sell my Breitling Super Avenger II.

Great timepiece but it's like walking around with an anvil strapped to your wrist.

Went to my jeweler to check out a few Omega "Dark Side Of The Moon" models.

Having a tough time deciding.

The original on nylon:

9CAIHhn.jpg

Or Pitch Black on leather:

9COYh0Y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A

After wearing my titanium Omega for a while, I decided to sell my Breitling Super Avenger II.

Great timepiece but it's like walking around with an anvil strapped to your wrist.

Went to my jeweler to check out a few Omega "Dark Side Of The Moon" models.

Having a tough time deciding.

Don't think you can go wrong with either of the variations but Pitch Black would be my vote

I tried on a Grey Side of the Moon at the Omega store when they first came out. I like it over the Dark Side but unfortunately don't have the funds for one at the moment

attachment.php

Side by side shot

attachment.php

Last edited:
Don't think you can go wrong with either of the variations but Pitch Black would be my vote

I tried on a Grey Side of the Moon at the Omega store when they first came out. I like it over the Dark Side but unfortunately don't have the funds for one at the moment

attachment.php

Side by side shot

attachment.php

I'm leaning towards the Pitch Black as well.

Thank you for your input, K1W1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk 2

I'm leaning towards the Pitch Black as well.

Thank you for your input, K1W1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk 2

You're welcome. Good luck in your search and purchase. I wish I could add one to my collection!

ditto... we can't take phones or tablets anywhere "important" lol, so i'll keep wearing my seiko skx-007 at least until work finally decides on a unit watch and if it's not too tacky i might buy one... trying to swing them on the Marathon GSAR series (pics when and if it ever comes in)

I was a juror on a federal grand jury, not for three years thank god but long enough. You will turn off your phone or turn off the ringer in the jury room and other juror areas. If you are whipping out a phone to check the time, you will be told to stop. You will need a watch because you will need to check the time. If sixteen jurors aren't present, everything stops. If the foreman and deputy aren't present, everything stops. If you insist on showing up late or playing with phones, you will meet with the court's presiding judge to investigate your behavior through discussion.

My court had 150 Assistant United States Attorneys and they all wore wrist watches. They placed their watches on the table next to their notes so they could time themselves without constantly looking away. Their first witness was usually an FBI Special Agent. Special Agents wore watches and consulted them but they didn't time themselves on the stand, that being the AUSA's job. The men wore G-Shocks or Wave Ceptors, the women varied. One very well turned out AUSA wore a Breitling. I wore this:

attachment.php

My first dive watch. Bought it at the Fort Campbell Military Clothing Sales Store more 30 years ago (1985 or 1986). Casio DW340. Still have it. Haven't worn it in a long time.

DW340.JPG

My first dive watch. Bought it at the Fort Campbell Military Clothing Sales Store more 30 years ago (1985 or 1986). Casio DW340. Still have it. Haven't worn it in a long time.

DW340.JPG

Bought my first auto there before I deployed to Iraq in 2003... Seiko 200m diver.

Bought my first auto there before I deployed to Iraq in 2003... Seiko 200m diver.
Bought my latest Seiko diver (007K2 - with bracelet) for $165 on the net. On-line really is the best place to buy any Seiko and Casio these days, excepting perhaps Grand Seikos.

Bought my latest Seiko diver (007K2 - with bracelet) for $165 on the net. On-line really is the best place to buy any Seiko and Casio these days, excepting perhaps Grand Seikos.

There are certain Seiko models that are widely faked so just like buying certain Spyderco models you have to be careful where you buy. Back when I was more in touch with watch enthusiasts there were ebay sellers and online retailers that were known to be reliable.

There are certain Seiko models that are widely faked so just like buying certain Spyderco models you have to be careful where you buy. Back when I was more in touch with watch enthusiasts there were ebay sellers and online retailers that were known to be reliable.
Mine ain't a fake. They aren't that hard to discern. You just need to know what you are looking at. I was just pointing out most just spend too much money on the SKX007.

Seiko%2520SKX007.JPG

Love watches more than knives :0

One of my favorites

b43f970e7293f21b8686809c4074452c.jpg

I have a Pathfinder ABC watch for outdoors but prefer mechanicals by a mile.

Back