What watch do you wear?

hJsZIlk.jpg

Beautiful Navitimer

Is that the 46mm version?

I never could understand the current trend of watch cases oversized for the movements used so requiring spacers for the smaller than case interior movements.

I never could understand the current trend of watch cases oversized for the movements used so requiring spacers for the smaller than case interior movements.

It just makes it easier for the manufacturer to sell or meet the demand of those who desire a larger watch without having to manufacturer yet another movement. Cheaper solution is all.

It just makes it easier for the manufacturer to sell or meet the demand of those who desire a larger watch without having to manufacturer yet another movement. Cheaper solution is all.

Casio AMW320D-9EV "Arnie" and AMW340-9A mid-size (36mm case). The little one was an afterthought with an updated version of the movement, which looks tiny inside the 320 case.

attachment.php

Cheaper solution for meeting the big think watch fashion fad. Often I see a cases lungs extent to the limit, and sometimes beyond, the wearers wrist.

For decades in-house manufacturers prided themselves in making the thinnest most accurate movements possible. Now that was something to marvel.

Cheaper solution for meeting the big think watch fashion fad. Often I see a cases lungs extent to the limit, and sometimes beyond, the wearers wrist.

For decades in-house manufacturers prided themselves in making the thinnest most accurate movements possible. Now that was something to marvel.

All of this of course is a matter of taste, but don't get me wrong I generally don't prefer anything over 40mm. For the most part this seems to be the sweet spot for not only what I am comfortable wearing but with regards to what I am able to see. YMMV

Tastes can be goofy. Just because something is in fashion/in style doesn't mean you can pull it off. These watches are just too large for the wearers' wrists.

Lugoverhang2.jpg

JkKtp.jpg

laco55r.jpg

wrist1.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Ophion-OPH-960-1.jpg

Tastes can be goofy. Just because something is in fashion/in style doesn't mean you can pull it off. These watches are just too large for the wearers' wrists.

laco55r.jpg

That looks absolutely ridiculous.

Wearing my Navitimer 01 today.

6vd0UF2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A

Exactly, I've tried out several watches and before this was a very nice Invicta which had the numeral layout I like, but when I saw this one, had to try and so I sold off the Invicta to help fund this one, very nice watch, I just got in my DeBeers watch strap today and installed that and a deployant clasp, a little stiff, the strap that comes with the watch is actually quite comfortable to wear but I had ordered the trio at the same time...I'll have the original strap to fall back on if I ever need it or need to go swimming with it on!

Shot taken tonight, the Invicta had a nicer flat black face than this one, this has that shiny kind of face, I angled the watch so you do not see that and it isn't as shiny as some I've seen so it's tolerable :)

Casio_vertical.jpg~original

G2

What model is that? Cant seem to locate it.

I have a 'Smart Phone'. It tells time and does a bunch of other useful things. Ya know, that multi function strat everyone raves about these days.

I have a 'Smart Phone'. It tells time and does a bunch of other useful things. Ya know, that multi function strat everyone raves about these days.

Hey me too! My iPhone 6s even has the ability to tell me how fast I'm going, yet, I still rely on the analog speedometer in my car while I'm driving.

I can't take a cell phone in the office. No transmitters. No recording devices. No photography devices. No computers. No portable/removable media or other electronic storage devices. Nothing even like them. Not even a Fitbit. Subject to entry and exit searches/wanding. I'll keep wearing a wrist watch, thank you.

Great grand-pa used to have a device he'd pull out of his pocket, hit a "button," check the time, hit that same button, then carefully put back in his pocket. Back then, Great grand-pa had no choice. As for me, I simply turn my wrist a bit; and instantly know the time. I think Great grand-pa would laugh at the fact that his old-fashioned method of telling time has become trendy again.

This whole thread is not at all about using a watch to tell time. If it were, we'd mostly be talking about a $15 plastic Casio (which is going to be more accurate than probably all of the high end watches that are sprinkled throughout this thread.) Phixt popped into a 125 page thread to tell us he's smarter than us because he uses a smart phone. Perhaps he should google the phrase: "reasons to wear a watch" before pooping on this thread. There's lots of reasons to wear a watch, and being able to tell the time is only one of them. For many, being able to tell the time is the least important reason for wearing a watch.

Well I didn't know that. I guess it's time I gave all of my watches away then.

Can I get any volunteers?

But I first have to tell you according to this guy they are all completely worthless.

Back