What watch do you wear?

M1ezO1A.jpg
[/IMG]

Just got in this Casio, pretty nice watch for not a lot of coin, seen here along side my Stedemon D-01 folder

Stedemon_Casio.jpg~original

G2

Gary, ditto on that Casio. I picked one up a couple of months ago and have not regretted it. It's my work piece and I'm pretty impressed for about 55 Shekels!

Exactly, I've tried out several watches and before this was a very nice Invicta which had the numeral layout I like, but when I saw this one, had to try and so I sold off the Invicta to help fund this one, very nice watch, I just got in my DeBeers watch strap today and installed that and a deployant clasp, a little stiff, the strap that comes with the watch is actually quite comfortable to wear but I had ordered the trio at the same time...I'll have the original strap to fall back on if I ever need it or need to go swimming with it on!

Shot taken tonight, the Invicta had a nicer flat black face than this one, this has that shiny kind of face, I angled the watch so you do not see that and it isn't as shiny as some I've seen so it's tolerable :)

Casio_vertical.jpg~original

G2

Last edited:
Watch collectors talk about "beaters" that could be worn when doing dirty jobs but when it comes down to it watch collectors are resistant to let their watches get dirty or intentionally beat up. I bought a low-priced Seiko automatic to wear as a beater but it was a nice watch and I couldn't bear to let it get damaged. I finally bought a Casio quartz on ebay for $15 and decided I would wear it no matter what which usually means when working on cars. And so far it has stood up just fine.

IMG_0062b.jpg

Last edited:
047e7ebe269ebd09372da791a6740297.jpg

2007 Explorer 2, the best value S/S sports Rolex? Same age GMT2's are very nearly twice as much here in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch collectors talk about "beaters" that could be worn when doing dirty jobs but when it comes down to it watch collectors are resistant to let their watches get dirty or intentionally beat up. I bought a low-priced Seiko automatic to wear as a beater but it was a nice watch and I couldn't bear to let it get damaged. I finally bought a Seiko quartz on ebay for $15 and decided I would wear it no matter what which usually means when working on cars. And so far it has stood up just fine.

I've seen guys with beat to Hell Rolex watches so they don't scuff up their multiple Pateks.

Seiko SNE109
I didn't wear this much because I don't like Seiko's rubber straps.
SNE109.jpg

I found an SNE107 bracelet on fleabay and now it's much better. Swapped with a Seiko collector in Greece who hates their bracelets.

SNE107.jpg

SNE107-1.jpgSNE107-2.jpgSNE107-3.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen guys with beat to Hell Rolex watches so they don't scuff up their multiple Pateks.

My Rolex Deepsea is definitely a beater. Only watch I've worn for the last 2 years. That will change... This used CSAR came today.

Before I was a watch enthusiast I wore a Rolex sub for 10 years. I wore it while doing everything, and didn't baby it too much, but it held up well. My father wore the "date" model for a long time and it really did get pretty beat up. They are very tough watches. Now that I'm a watch enthusiast I am very careful with my watches even though all of the watches I own combined aren't worth as much as that single old sub model. I'm a lot the same way with knives- I wouldn't think of digging holes in the dirt with one of my good EDC folders even though I do carry them and use them for normal cutting tasks.

DSC_1926c.jpg

Nice. Marathon is a bit too underrated.

I owned one and loved it for a couple years. I sold it because it was TOO heavy! I would take it off after wearing it all day and my skin would be blanched out and would take a while before blood flow would return to the area where the watch sat all day. Not so good for circulation. An awesome watch though!

Before I was a watch enthusiast I wore a Rolex sub for 10 years. I wore it while doing everything, and didn't baby it too much, but it held up well. My father wore the "date" model for a long time and it really did get pretty beat up. They are very tough watches. Now that I'm a watch enthusiast I am very careful with my watches even though all of the watches I own combined aren't worth as much as that single old sub model. I'm a lot the same way with knives- I wouldn't think of digging holes in the dirt with one of my good EDC folders even though I do carry them and use them for normal cutting tasks.

I think one big reason those guys did it is because Pateks are surprisingly fragile. I think every new collector feels that initial moment of shock and surprise when they first realize that durability in the watch world is considered nearly worthless.

Back