What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by kershaw22, Jan 26, 2011.

1. steve o

steve o Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Cypress

Cypress

Jun 22, 2009
    Escaping the heat with my JDM Citizen

[​IMG]

3. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Omega Ranchero, another not oft seen Omega.
    [​IMG]

Same watch on Ostrich.
    [​IMG]

4. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Just got in this Casio, pretty nice watch for not a lot of coin, seen here along side my Stedemon D-01 folder

[​IMG]

G2

5. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Citizen NH7470-52E

[​IMG]

6. sshakari

sshakari

Apr 27, 2003
    Most of the time when I do wear a watch its the Bell & Ross... pic is recycled.
    [​IMG]

7. RABII

RABII Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Gary, ditto on that Casio. I picked one up a couple of months ago and have not regretted it. It's my work piece and I'm pretty impressed for about 55 Shekels!

8. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Exactly, I've tried out several watches and before this was a very nice Invicta which had the numeral layout I like, but when I saw this one, had to try and so I sold off the Invicta to help fund this one, very nice watch, I just got in my DeBeers watch strap today and installed that and a deployant clasp, a little stiff, the strap that comes with the watch is actually quite comfortable to wear but I had ordered the trio at the same time...I'll have the original strap to fall back on if I ever need it or need to go swimming with it on!

Shot taken tonight, the Invicta had a nicer flat black face than this one, this has that shiny kind of face, I angled the watch so you do not see that and it isn't as shiny as some I've seen so it's tolerable :)

[​IMG]
    G2

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    toxophilus likes this.
  9. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Watch collectors talk about "beaters" that could be worn when doing dirty jobs but when it comes down to it watch collectors are resistant to let their watches get dirty or intentionally beat up. I bought a low-priced Seiko automatic to wear as a beater but it was a nice watch and I couldn't bear to let it get damaged. I finally bought a Casio quartz on ebay for $15 and decided I would wear it no matter what which usually means when working on cars. And so far it has stood up just fine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  10. phil40000

phil40000

Oct 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

2007 Explorer 2, the best value S/S sports Rolex? Same age GMT2's are very nearly twice as much here in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Monocrom

Monocrom

Feb 1, 2006
    One of the best looking models B&R ever made. Wish I had that one.

12. Monocrom

Monocrom

Feb 1, 2006
    I've seen guys with beat to Hell Rolex watches so they don't scuff up their multiple Pateks.

13. Piso Mojado

Jan 11, 2006
    Seiko SNE109

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't wear this much because I don't like Seiko's rubber straps. Found an SNE107 bracelet on fleabay and now it's much better.

SNE107-1.jpg SNE107-2.jpg SNE107-3.jpg

14. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    My Rolex Deepsea is definitely a beater. Only watch I've worn for the last 2 years. That will change... This used CSAR came today.

[​IMG]

15. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Before I was a watch enthusiast I wore a Rolex sub for 10 years. I wore it while doing everything, and didn't baby it too much, but it held up well. My father wore the "date" model for a long time and it really did get pretty beat up. They are very tough watches. Now that I'm a watch enthusiast I am very careful with my watches even though all of the watches I own combined aren't worth as much as that single old sub model. I'm a lot the same way with knives- I wouldn't think of digging holes in the dirt with one of my good EDC folders even though I do carry them and use them for normal cutting tasks.

[​IMG]

16. Monocrom

Monocrom

Feb 1, 2006
    Nice. Marathon is a bit too underrated.

17. rcwells

rcwells Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I owned one and loved it for a couple years. I sold it because it was TOO heavy! I would take it off after wearing it all day and my skin would be blanched out and would take a while before blood flow would return to the area where the watch sat all day. Not so good for circulation. An awesome watch though!

18. Monocrom

Monocrom

Feb 1, 2006
    I think one big reason those guys did it is because Pateks are surprisingly fragile. I think every new collector feels that initial moment of shock and surprise when they first realize that durability in the watch world is considered nearly worthless.

19. Piso Mojado

Jan 11, 2006
    [video=youtube;5tfIawAbvg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tfIawAbvg4[/video]

Good advertising copy, but an M1A2 tank (for example) puts down only 15.4 psi. I would be more impressed to see the watch survive being stepped on by a stiletto heel.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/JackGreen.shtml

20. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    Nice watch. Did you return the Breitling?