1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by kershaw22, Jan 26, 2011.

1. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Seamaster w/ c.342 hammer wind.
    [​IMG]

mrknife, NSBFL, skyhorse and 2 others like this.
  2. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013
    Fooled around and gave this Seiko field watch a stonewashed finish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    How'd you do it?

Zieg

4. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013

Actually it was rather rudimentary because at the time I was just honestly using this watch as an experiment to see how it would work. I picked the watch up on eBay for next to nothing because it was not running, so I didn't even disassemble it, just taped off the crystal. I used the tumbler media from Harbor Freight but I didn't use their tumbler, I just used a container and shook it up myself (about an hour and a half in intervals). Funny thing is, during the shaking process it must have freed something up in the movement because now the watch runs like a champ.

5. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    That's AMAZING! I love the results. Well done!

Zieg

NSBFL likes this.
  6. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    5B27AA71-C55C-44F8-8186-7698FBED4C8B.jpeg

skyhorse and NSBFL like this.
  7. Wotan

Wotan

Jun 1, 2003
    CASIO G-Shock GBA-800-9AER
    Pic from the web
    [​IMG]

8. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Seiko SNE095P1

SNE095p1.jpg

This one came with a steel bracelet; SNE095P2 is the same watch with a two-piece nylon strap. If you wait for a sale, you can buy them for $80. If you have a choice, buy P2. Strap or bracelet, you're going to replace it, and it's hard to remove a bracelet without bending at least one of the spring bars.

This is basically an old Seiko 5 updated with a solar-charging quartz movement. Steel case back and 100 M WR, otherwise the build quality, fit and finish are the same. Seiko's low end quartz movements run 10–20 seconds +/– per month. Lume on the hands and dots doesn't last long. I'm not trying to belittle this or the old Seiko 5, but they are cheap watches. They tell time accurately enough for most of us. They're reliable and this one doesn't need winding or new batteries.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    skyhorse likes this.
  9. batosai117

batosai117 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2007
    How do you like it's step tracker? I have a Mudmaster Quad sensor (the GG B100) on the way and I'm looking forward to the normal mudmaster functions with the step tracker built in.

10. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I ended up selling some stuff and trading into an Apple Watch series 4 to see if I’d like it.

So far so good. The analog display choices are almost endless and being able to leave the phone behind and still get a call is prettty neat, definitely brings out the old school spy movie feel.

Although I traded the Marathon JSAR I’ll rotate a Marathon pilot watch and the G-Shock GW3000B1A into the mix to wash off the digital watch feel.

11. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    FEE0F1B5-8767-4043-891A-8A2C9E98C231.jpeg

Psy223, skyhorse and khopesh like this.
  12. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

skyhorse, Grouch and bonzodog like this.
  13. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 1, 2019
    For the last ten years or more I’ve worn a Casio Protrek Tough Solar 24/7. Tough. Excellent solar collection, never runs out. Mineral glass crystal has zero scratches still.

In the past I wore a Seiko Kinetic and wore out 3 stainless bands and three capacitors. Before that a G-Shock until the crystal was so beat up I could no longer see the display (and several resin bands). Before that a Timex Triathlon digital which also ended with a badly scratched up crystal.

This Protrek is maintenace free and totally reliable. The compass and thermometer are wonky but the barometer/altimeter has always been totally reliable. The time is fast by about a minute per year. The 3rd gen Tough Solar charged quickly and needs very little artificial or sun light to stay fully charged.

Large digits, good illumination, stop watch, laps, alarm, two time zones plus GMT. I have replaced the resin band twice and it has been snorkeling in salt water, swimming in chlorine pools, daily showers, yard work, physical labor, night shift, etc. Really the toughest, easiest to use, most reliable watch I’ve ever owned.

14. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 1, 2019
    06EE46D0-35C3-4BAD-A543-C09E95DE9781.jpeg

skyhorse likes this.
  15. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

skyhorse and Piso Mojado like this.
  16. Wotan

Wotan

Jun 1, 2003
    I like it a lot.
    Best thing about the watch/step tracker is that one doesn`t need to charge it everyday (or whenever) like a Fitbit or similar.
    Together with the G-shock app on my phone, I have records of every day since I bought the watch.

batosai117 likes this.
  17. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    this one joined the stable yesterday, sized and ready for the clinic

[​IMG]

CPP, bonzodog, Psy223 and 2 others like this.
  18. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    This week I've been wearing a 1960s watch from the days when Abercrombie & Ficth was still a world renown ottfitter. Shipmate with Compressor case on shark skin. I'd forgotten how much I liked this watch.

[​IMG]

mrknife likes this.
  19. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    how neat!!! for some reason the A&F Co Rolex commando popped up in several blogs this weekend

20. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    _20190906_204539.JPG
    Casio DW 5600 BB.
    All day every day.