What watch do you wear?

Seamaster w/ c.342 hammer wind.
Omega342.JPG

How'd you do it?

Zieg

Actually it was rather rudimentary because at the time I was just honestly using this watch as an experiment to see how it would work. I picked the watch up on eBay for next to nothing because it was not running, so I didn't even disassemble it, just taped off the crystal. I used the tumbler media from Harbor Freight but I didn't use their tumbler, I just used a container and shook it up myself (about an hour and a half in intervals). Funny thing is, during the shaking process it must have freed something up in the movement because now the watch runs like a champ.

Actually it was rather rudimentary because at the time I was just honestly using this watch as an experiment to see how it would work. I picked the watch up on eBay for next to nothing because it was not running, so I didn't even disassemble it, just taped off the crystal. I used the tumbler media from Harbor Freight but I didn't use their tumbler, I just used a container and shook it up myself (about an hour and a half in intervals). Funny thing is, during the shaking process it must have freed something up in the movement because now the watch runs like a champ.
That's AMAZING! I love the results. Well done!

Zieg

Seiko SNE095P1

SNE095p1.jpg

This one came with a steel bracelet; SNE095P2 is the same watch with a two-piece nylon strap. If you wait for a sale, you can buy them for $80. If you have a choice, buy P2. Strap or bracelet, you're going to replace it, and it's hard to remove a bracelet without bending at least one of the spring bars.

This is basically an old Seiko 5 updated with a solar-charging quartz movement. Steel case back and 100 M WR, otherwise the build quality, fit and finish are the same. Seiko's low end quartz movements run 10–20 seconds +/– per month. Lume on the hands and dots doesn't last long. I'm not trying to belittle this or the old Seiko 5, but they are cheap watches. They tell time accurately enough for most of us. They're reliable and this one doesn't need winding or new batteries.

Last edited:
CASIO G-Shock GBA-800-9AER
Pic from the web
03406872494_1.jpg

How do you like it's step tracker? I have a Mudmaster Quad sensor (the GG B100) on the way and I'm looking forward to the normal mudmaster functions with the step tracker built in.

I ended up selling some stuff and trading into an Apple Watch series 4 to see if I’d like it.

So far so good. The analog display choices are almost endless and being able to leave the phone behind and still get a call is prettty neat, definitely brings out the old school spy movie feel.

Although I traded the Marathon JSAR I’ll rotate a Marathon pilot watch and the G-Shock GW3000B1A into the mix to wash off the digital watch feel.

For the last ten years or more I’ve worn a Casio Protrek Tough Solar 24/7. Tough. Excellent solar collection, never runs out. Mineral glass crystal has zero scratches still.

In the past I wore a Seiko Kinetic and wore out 3 stainless bands and three capacitors. Before that a G-Shock until the crystal was so beat up I could no longer see the display (and several resin bands). Before that a Timex Triathlon digital which also ended with a badly scratched up crystal.

This Protrek is maintenace free and totally reliable. The compass and thermometer are wonky but the barometer/altimeter has always been totally reliable. The time is fast by about a minute per year. The 3rd gen Tough Solar charged quickly and needs very little artificial or sun light to stay fully charged.

Large digits, good illumination, stop watch, laps, alarm, two time zones plus GMT. I have replaced the resin band twice and it has been snorkeling in salt water, swimming in chlorine pools, daily showers, yard work, physical labor, night shift, etc. Really the toughest, easiest to use, most reliable watch I’ve ever owned.

How do you like it's step tracker? I have a Mudmaster Quad sensor (the GG B100) on the way and I'm looking forward to the normal mudmaster functions with the step tracker built in.

I like it a lot.
Best thing about the watch/step tracker is that one doesn`t need to charge it everyday (or whenever) like a Fitbit or similar.
Together with the G-shock app on my phone, I have records of every day since I bought the watch.

This week I've been wearing a 1960s watch from the days when Abercrombie & Ficth was still a world renown ottfitter. Shipmate with Compressor case on shark skin. I'd forgotten how much I liked this watch.

A%2526F%2520Shipmate.JPG

This week I've been wearing a 1960s watch from the days when Abercrombie & Ficth was still a world renown ottfitter. Shipmate with Compressor case on shark skin. I'd forgotten how much I liked this watch.

A%2526F%2520Shipmate.JPG

how neat!!! for some reason the A&F Co Rolex commando popped up in several blogs this weekend

Back