What watch do you wear?

I have worn many brands of watches, Elgin, Benrus, Waltham (my favorite many many many years ago), Seiko, Timex, Rolex, etc. I was always very rough on watches and they rarely lasted a year, which is why I have worn so many. I even carried pocket watches for a while.

The last wristwatch I wore was a Timex Expedition. I had two of those in fact. And I keep that last one by the head of my bed for old times sake even though the battery ran out many years ago.

rHwVolw.jpg

But alas those days are long gone. I got dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and my phone is my watch now.

fTnlgAV.jpg

Last edited:
But alas those days are long gone. I got dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and my phone is my watch now.

fTnlgAV.jpg

Most of the 20-30 somethings I work with do not wear watches, just use their phones. I’m still old school with Casio ProTrek strapped to my wrist. Different times!

Most of the 20-30 somethings I work with do not wear watches, just use their phones. I’m still old school with Casio ProTrek strapped to my wrist. Different times!
I'm 28, work with a bunch of people from 18 to 70. Most of the watch-wearing crowd are 30 and below.

Different...places?

I have worn many brands of watches, Elgin, Benrus, Waltham (my favorite many many many years ago), Seiko, Timex, Rolex, etc. I was always very rough on watches and they rarely lasted a year, which is why I have worn so many. I even carried pocket watches for a while.

The last wristwatch I wore was a Timex Expedition. I had two of those in fact. And I keep that last one by the head of my bed for old times sake even though the battery ran out many years ago.

rHwVolw.jpg

My Timex Expedition says "hi"

t49271-1-jpg.576114

fTnlgAV.jpg

Wrong direction, dude. You've carrying a pocket watch and that is so 19th century.

I thought I was allergic to metal when I started teaching in 1975, and needing a watch — my school's clocks all kept different times — I bought a Westclox Pocket Ben. Bought it at Sears for $8 and then I found it at the wino liquor store across the street for $6. But that's another story . . .

PocketBenStyle6.jpg

I really got tired of dragging this thing out of my pocket. Not to mention needing a hand free to check the time. No thanks, no more pocket watches for me! Especially big fragile ones that aren't even waterproof. What a step backwards.

Last edited:
Watches are "back in fashion", so many young people wear them.
I asked my nephew why he doesn't wear a watch years ago when he was in HS and he said he's got a phone. While he was in college, he had an interest in watches so I gave him one of my first Tag Heuers that I scraped and saved for when I was in college. He's been wearing it for a few years now.

Back