What watch do you wear?

Pic as promised.

wvfynzS.jpg

My two every day watches. Usually wearing one or the other. The Fortis is in need of a new strap and a redo/cleaning.

The second is a 20+ year old MP Broad Arrow, sold by Howard Marx of WestCoast Time. Bought it online years back and it's been a solid, accurate timepiece. ETA 2824 movement on an old Bond strap.

Last edited:
My current watch collection. All budget minded watches. Nothing over $100. The two on the right are pretty cool, Russian made Vostok Amphibia watches. The Amphibia holds the world record for a 2000m dive! Interesting watches to say the least. Both mechanical and accurate enough for being Russain made and $80-$90. Also the Seiko 5 automatic 2nd from the left is great. I learned how to regulate with that watch and currently have it averaging at +1.8s per day which is exceptional.

From the left - right: Bertucci DX3, Seiko 5, Casio Diver, Vostok Amphibia, Vostok Amphibia

Last edited:
My current watch collection. All budget minded watches. Nothing over $100. The two on the right are pretty cool, Russian made Vostok Amphibia watches. The Amphibia holds the world record for a 2000m dive! Interesting watches to say the least. Both mechanical and accurate enough for being Russain made and $80-$90. Also the Seiko 5 automatic 2nd from the left is great. I learned how to regulate with that watch and currently have it averaging at +1.8s per day which is exceptional.

From the left - right: Bertucci DX3, Seiko 5, Casio Diver, Vostok Amphibia, Vostok Amphibia

Nice. I like the collection.

Btw you wouldn’t happen to be a fan of the band Converge would you?

Nice. I like the collection.

Btw you wouldn’t happen to be a fan of the band Converge would you?

Thank you and I am indeed, since the early 2000's. Though I have to admit I've never seen them live unfortunately.

I wear a G Shock GD100-1b pretty much everywhere

Not exactly appropriate for every setting I wear it in but I'm also very cheap.

Heads-up...The New York Times weekend edition has a special section on watches this weekend (June 29-30) including a great story about the first watch on the moon, an Omega Speedmaster chronograph worn by the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Here is an interesting fact, NASA asked 10 watch manufactures to submit a watch for the first lunar landing, 4 companies submitted a watch, Omega, Rolex, Longines and Hamilton. The Hamilton was a big pocket watch so it was immediately eliminated, the Rolex and Longines “basically crapped out on the first test.” Only the Omega Speedmaster made it through NASA’s rigorous testing and were “flight qualified.” Of the several Omega Speedmaster chronographs purchased by NASA for the Apollo 11 mission all but 1 were sent to the Smithsonian after the mission, Buzz Aldren’s Speedmaster was retained by NASA but sometime over the years it disappeared from inventory and has never been recovered...

From the days Abercrombie And Fitch was truly an outfitter. A&F Shipmate on a shark skin strap.
A%2526F%2520Shipmate.JPG

I have a good friend that has a rifle purchased by his brother-in-Law at Abercrombie and Fitch. He was a New Yorker and had known about them forever. First time I had ever heard of them was when my girls started wearing the branded clothes. It would’ve been something to see back in the day I’m sure.

Back