What watch do you wear?

8hifuLN.jpg

j7CEiAF.jpg

Last edited:
Helm Komodo made landfall yesterday + new leather band for my modded Seiko... it's a good week to wear two watches!!!

KomodoSNK805EDC_032319.jpg

I know it isn't as fancy as most watches shown but, I picked up a Casio G-shock GD400 this weekend I am rough on watches . I had a Casio tough solor for a while but the battery died and was soldered in . I replaced that with a Casio MCW-100H it gas served well . I finally had to put a new battery in it this weekend. The main reason I have not bought a G-shock before is that every one I tried on I could only buckle it in the last hole on the band. I don't like that. I was at Kohl's getting a battery for my watch and they had a couple G-shocks with bigger bands . I ended up buying the GD-100 with the green band

The main reason I have not bought a G-shock before is that every one I tried on I could only buckle it in the last hole on the band. I don't like that.

None of us like it. Casio makes it hard to use anything but a Casio strap on their cheap watches, and their cheap watch straps are not the greatest. For example, my DW290-1V:

dw290-1v_1-jpg.462608

This 28 year-old model still sells for $30 or $24 if you wait for a sale. It looks better after a year when the blue paint has worn off.

DW290-1V2.jpg

Lug width is 18mm – not bad – but the spring bars are too tight against the case for you to thread an 18mm NATO or other one-piece strap. Casio's PVC strap is made from recycled vinyl that doesn't stretch and the buckle is plastic. Hadley-Roma made a replacement that was worth $10: stretchy virgin vinyl, stainless steel buckle, and longer. It's out of production, and no one but Casio makes replacement straps for most G-Shocks.

Most Timex watches are easy to fit with a long replacement strap.

My custom vintage Bulova 1d16m 40mm Sub. These were made in the 80's with a standard eta 2824 and mineral crystal.
Being the builder I am, I installed a chronometer grade eta 2892-a2 movement, custom lumed super compressor hands, upgraded to a sapphire crystal and triplock crown. Just the right amount of vintage vibe with modern updates.
Of course this is next to my custom tanto re-grind on my fav folder DPx HEST F.
http://imgur.com/ByTXjjU

Back