1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by kershaw22, Jan 26, 2011.

1. KnifeRep

KnifeRep Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Rob S., Badhammer, Dddrees and 2 others like this.
  2. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Just a 1 watch guy. Damasko DA38.
    [​IMG]

3. Drudge

Drudge Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2009
    On the wrist this week the mini turtle.

[​IMG]

skyhorse, Rob S., toxophilus and 3 others like this.
  4. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Rob S., toxophilus, NSBFL and 2 others like this.
  5. KnifeRep

KnifeRep Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2018
    ^^ Both of you guys, that's a good looking watch, both bands.

I've sold some of what I had and gotten down to wearing two, there's a few others but they seldom get worn, they're mostly sentimental watches. Might have to try that Damasko

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    BilboBaggins and JBoone like this.
  6. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    I've always wanted an Alain Silberstein watch but just can't justify the cost.

7. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fullflat, Rob S., FLymon and 3 others like this.
  8. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    B69B9C36-4F49-4803-9C02-D67FFFEC53B3.jpeg

teddy1093, Monocrom, Rob S. and 4 others like this.
  9. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    I have an oris aquis. Oris is a nice watch for good value and a bit off the radar here in US

10. Phil Indablanc

Phil Indablanc Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

toxophilus and BilboBaggins like this.
  11. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Vostok Neptune SE 960726

Neptune1.jpg

Neptune2.jpg

12. toxophilus

toxophilus Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2015
    Helm Komodo made landfall yesterday + new leather band for my modded Seiko... it's a good week to wear two watches!!!

KomodoSNK805EDC_032319.jpg

13. Rob S.

Rob S. Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

atdegs, marchone, rswanson and 4 others like this.
  14. Rob S.

Rob S. Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2015
    rswanson, mrknife, toxophilus and 3 others like this.
  15. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

bonzodog and Rob S. like this.
  16. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    Rob S. likes this.
  17. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    I know it isn't as fancy as most watches shown but, I picked up a Casio G-shock GD400 this weekend I am rough on watches . I had a Casio tough solor for a while but the battery died and was soldered in . I replaced that with a Casio MCW-100H it gas served well . I finally had to put a new battery in it this weekend. The main reason I have not bought a G-shock before is that every one I tried on I could only buckle it in the last hole on the band. I don't like that. I was at Kohl's getting a battery for my watch and they had a couple G-shocks with bigger bands . I ended up buying the GD-100 with the green band

The Zieg likes this.
  18. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    None of us like it. Casio makes it hard to use anything but a Casio strap on their cheap watches, and their cheap watch straps are not the greatest. For example, my DW290-1V:

[​IMG]

This 28 year-old model still sells for $30 or $24 if you wait for a sale. It looks better after a year when the blue paint has worn off.

DW290-1V2.jpg

Lug width is 18mm – not bad – but the spring bars are too tight against the case for you to thread an 18mm NATO or other one-piece strap. Casio's PVC strap is made from recycled vinyl that doesn't stretch and the buckle is plastic. Hadley-Roma made a replacement that was worth $10: stretchy virgin vinyl, stainless steel buckle, and longer. It's out of production, and no one but Casio makes replacement straps for most G-Shocks.

Most Timex watches are easy to fit with a long replacement strap.

19. 007Airman

007Airman

Dec 23, 2018
    My custom vintage Bulova 1d16m 40mm Sub. These were made in the 80's with a standard eta 2824 and mineral crystal.
    Being the builder I am, I installed a chronometer grade eta 2892-a2 movement, custom lumed super compressor hands, upgraded to a sapphire crystal and triplock crown. Just the right amount of vintage vibe with modern updates.
    Of course this is next to my custom tanto re-grind on my fav folder DPx HEST F.
    http://imgur.com/ByTXjjU

The Zieg likes this.
  20. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    12B3D837-588D-4DBE-B030-4F3439E62CA1.jpeg My latest one