What watch do you wear?

479b6025373ae3d8b05d56776de4038d.jpg

Timex TW2R38800VQ

TW2R38800VQ-1.jpg

TW2R38800VQ-2.jpg

38 mm case and no date: may be an homage to some 1950s Timex but I'm no expert. Hour and minute hands have luminous paint which glows in the dark for about 15 minutes. Indiglo works as usual: I try not to use it, it's a battery killer.

Last edited:
I wore a suit today and my Grandfather's 1951 era solid 14k Omega 'Bumper' Automatic 17 jewel with sweep-second hand. The movement is still strong, starts right up with a little shake, and the brown alligator skin band is original.

It just fits my wrist on the last hole with a little play...
fvgvWgq.png

J6cCabA.png

I know people are going to be upset when I say this but a Rolex is the only true watch to wear as far as mechanically watch , all others can be bought on sale at huge discounts. I have never seen Rolex watch marked down more then 10% off of sticker. I heard the dealer gets a automatic fine and his inventory is cut the next year buy the amount that he disscounted the watch over 10% , 2nd time it happens they pull sale agreement and tell you sale Timex watches. Ha ha ha. Marty proud owner of the Rolex Blue Sub.

Last edited:
I know people are going to be upset when I say this but a Rolex is the only true watch to wear as far as mechanically watch , all others can be bought on sale at huge discounts. I have never seen Rolex watch market down more then 10% off of sticker. I heard the dealer gets a automatic fine and his inventory is cut the next year buy the amount that he dusscointrd the watch over 10% , 2nd tie it happens they pull sale agreement and tell you sale Timex watches. Ha ha ha. Marty proud owner of the Rolex Blue Sub.
Rolex are over priced. It truly is that simple. Most buy them simply for the name and ignorantly thinking they are the best. I say that while owning an Oyster Perpetual from 1971.

A trolling post isn't an impressive first post from you.

Yes i agree Rolex is overpriced but try to sale any other brand of watch even close to what you paid for it , it is not going to happen. Even a kid that 14 years old and plays with his phone all day knows if he is going to buy a mechanically made or run watch , Rolex is first name that comes to his or her mind. After that it is a smart Watch. It is just my opnion.....
I would say Rolex has the strongest brand name of any SINGLE product in the world. If you buy a watch other then a Rolex you will spend time looking it up to see if it is a brand that Walmart sales.
Rolex you can go to any Rolex Dealer and they will tell you if it is a fake and how old it is and then their next question is how much will you sale it to me for
I have never entered a Rolex dealers store were they did not offer to buy my watch , every single time and they always offer 15 % more then any pawn shop will give me.
Also i want to tell you a story.
I had a freind over in Iraq , pulled over by a buch of bandits. they see his watch “ said your watch or the bullet ?
He gave them his watch. He said he will never know if he said no if they would haven give him the bullet........
Do you think if it was any other brand of of watch WOULD THEY HAVE MADE THE TRADE.....Marty

Last edited:
Yes i agree Rolex is overpriced but try to sale any other brand of watch even close to what you paid for it , it is not going to happen.
I have vintage Omegas I bought since the turn of the century that are worth 3 to 7 times what I paid for them and which would sell fast if I listed them on watch sites.

I have vintage Omegas I bought since the turn of the century that are worth 3 to 7 times what I paid for them and which would sell fast if I listed them on watch sites.

I have a Patek Philippe and a Baume & Mercier watch (one of each) that I purchased in the 1980’s from the manufacture’s store in Geneva that are worth tens of thousands of dollars more than I paid for them. To say that any watch manufacture is the best is immature and shows a lack of textural and first-hand understanding of the watch making industry. The most expensive and revered watches in the world are not Rolex watches, but some have brand loyalties that shade their understaning of this.

Last edited:
Back