What wood is it really?

All this talk of handle materials made me take a closer look at the Crelicam ebony 112 I just received from C&C. The Ebony looks good. Same dark grain as my Crelicam 110. The box is labeled 4/01/2019 and has the 2019 “real ebony” sticker. But the blade is stamped 2018. I figured it was a transitional deal. But with all this talk, I'm not confident anymore.

All this talk of handle materials made me take a closer look at the Crelicam ebony 112 I just received from C&C. The Ebony looks good. Same dark grain as my Crelicam 110. The box is labeled 4/01/2019 and has the 2019 “real ebony” sticker. But the blade is stamped 2018. I figured it was a transitional deal. But with all this talk, I'm not confident anymore.
it is Solid ebony

Joe, you said your Old Ebony cracked? Dymondwood wouldn't have done that..Hmmm....
I said my scale on a custom shop Ironwood cracked! Top to bottom in the middle straight down from the rocker rivot. Oh and "My father before me" is from a song. Why can't I say that? It is sung by "THE BAND"

Last edited:

My 110Fg is the same way...It's real Ebony with last years blade, transitional piece....

I said my scale on a custom shop Ironwood cracked! Oh and "My father before me" is from a song. Why can't I say that?

You're quoting something that someone else, since banned, always said...Especially when you collect stone handle knives...The only time you hear from them is when there is some Buck bashing going on.... Maybe just a huge coincidence??

"The Band" wrote a song about collecting Buck 186, 111, and 110's??

My point is Dymondwood wouldn't have cracked....

Last edited:
I imagine but dont know...... buck stamps blades out that might sit awhile. if it had real ebony sticker on box than it is.

I did not quote anyone when making that comment, no quote marks and if that person said it maybe he liked "The Band" too. I collect fixed blade knives too but I don't have to explain to you. I wouldn't have found Dymondwood in the custom shop either and paid a premium for Ironwood.

Last edited:
I said my scale on a custom shop Ironwood cracked! Top to bottom in the middle straight down from the rocker rivot. Oh and "My father before me" is from a song. Why can't I say that? It is sung by "THE BAND"

I was just going off of what you said...

If it's a huge coincidence, then I apologize... We had alot of trouble from that other person and he haunts alot of us. So if you're not him then Welcome to the Buck forum, but if you are, go play somewhere else....Please....

looks like I helped start a firestorm with my 111 walnut brass pics answering a question. apologize to all, didnt mean for that to happen.

didnt realize many see dymondwood type products as a bad thing. I like dymondwood type scales for users and I bought mine as a user.

I think this has been brewing for awhile. I don't think people view it as bad perse just want it stated clearly or clearer which one they are getting. If it's dymondwood throw a little "Dymondwood ™" in the ad and be done.

I can see both sides of the coin this one. But is also not a life changing problem.:D

Here is an ad for a Buck 110

not misleading.

Description

Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter
The Buck 110 S35VN Charcoal Dymondwood Ultimate Hunter is the 2018 version of the highly popular, highly collected series that started in 2018. DLT in collaboration with Buck Custom Shop Guru Billy Bates, upgraded the steel from S30V to S35VN and added classy charcoal Dymondwood scales to this instant classic.

Fully dressed out with polished nickel silver bolsters a pewter medallion inlay and a custom distressed leather sheath, this Buck dymondwood knife will exceed your expectations at a price that won’t break the bank. Finding a sub $100 S35VN knife made in the USA is a real challenge. Finding this quality from a legendary brand like Buck Knives and getting it delivered with DLT’s world class service and industry leading super speedy shipping is icing on the cake!

Whether you’re an avid hunter, a collector or just a lover of great knives made of the best products available, this Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter should be on your list!

Here is an ad for a Buck 110

not misleading.

Description

Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter
The Buck 110 S35VN Charcoal Dymondwood Ultimate Hunter is the 2018 version of the highly popular, highly collected series that started in 2018. DLT in collaboration with Buck Custom Shop Guru Billy Bates, upgraded the steel from S30V to S35VN and added classy charcoal Dymondwood scales to this instant classic.

Fully dressed out with polished nickel silver bolsters a pewter medallion inlay and a custom distressed leather sheath, this Buck dymondwood knife will exceed your expectations at a price that won’t break the bank. Finding a sub $100 S35VN knife made in the USA is a real challenge. Finding this quality from a legendary brand like Buck Knives and getting it delivered with DLT’s world class service and industry leading super speedy shipping is icing on the cake!

Whether you’re an avid hunter, a collector or just a lover of great knives made of the best products available, this Buck 110 Ultimate Hunter should be on your list!

Not every listing or every vendor is as descriptive of this. I know for a fact (because I'm the one who asked for the change) that Copper & Clad just changed all their listings on their website and Ebay from "oak" to "oak Dymondwood" in their listings. There was no mention of Dymondwood before and you can find several posts from people on this site who purchased that particular "oak" knife thinking they're were getting solid oak and not dyed, laminated birch or beech scales.

There's nothing wrong with Dymondwood in my opinion, and in some cases I even prefer it. But having accurate, detailed listings can only be a good thing for consumers.

I think this has been brewing for awhile. I don't think people view it as bad perse just want it stated clearly or clearer which one they are getting. If it's dymondwood throw a little "Dymondwood ™" in the ad and be done.

I can see both sides of the coin this one. But is also not a life changing problem.:D

When you go to the actual order form the description does tell you if it's Dymondwood or not, so maybe they should read the complete description...

The ad shows Dyamondwood. I dont see that as misleading. A marketing mistake isnt midleading either on the 111 brass nickel knife.

God forbid someone makes a mistake.

Here is a screen shot from the 2011 Buck Catalog.

File too large to download.

Anyway. if you look at BCCI and the Buck 110 ads they show Dymondwood.

we
Not every listing or every vendor is as descriptive of this. I know for a fact (because I'm the one who asked for the change) that Copper & Clad just changed all their listings on their website and Ebay from "oak" to "oak Dymondwood" in their listings. There was no mention of Dymondwood before and you can find several posts from people on this site who purchased that particular "oak" knife thinking they're were getting solid oak and not dyed, laminated birch or beech scales.

There's nothing wrong with Dymondwood in my opinion, and in some cases I even prefer it. But having accurate, detailed listings can only be a good thing for consumers.[

Well maybe Copper and Clad need to update then.

When you go to the actual order form the description does tell you if it's Dymondwood or not, so maybe they should read the complete description...

The ad shows Dyamondwood. I dont see that as misleading. A marketing mistake isnt midleading either on the 111 brass nickel knife.

God forbid someone makes a mistake.

Where on the Limited Edition Buck 111 ad or order form does it say that the knife comes with Walnut Dymondwood rather than Walnut? I can't seem to find it.

sd.JPG asd.JPG afdf.jpg

Last edited:
Well maybe Copper and Clad need to update then.

They updated it right after I suggested they do so (great customer service)... But it was listed incorrectly for well over a year.

Please don't think I am bashing Buck. I am a huge fan and supporter of them. I own several BotM's, Limited Editions, and their regular production offerings. I'm a member of the Buck Collector's Club. I purchased the very first giant Buck banner that Buck has ever sold so I could show it off in my office/mancave. I drove six hours to tour their facility in Post Falls.

I love Buck.

I just want accurate descriptions, that's all.

Last edited:
They updated it right after I suggested they do so (great customer service)... But it was listed incorrectly for well over a year.

Please don't think I am bashing Buck. I am a huge fan and supporter of them. I own several BotM's, Limited Editions, and their regular production offerings. I'm a member of the Buck Collector's Club. I purchased the very first giant Buck banner that Buck has ever sold so I could show it off in my office/mancave. I drove six hours to tour their facility in Post Falls.

I love Buck.

I just want accurate descriptions, that's all.
Cool, I love em as well.

Back