What wood is it really?

If you are the person on that order form, I suggest you delete name and address, etc. Good thing your CC number wasn't on there...I might have been really tempted...well you know:D:p:D

Good looking out.

I edited my name and address out of the picture... And then I proceeded to upload the unedited version, lol. :oops:

Fixed!

Fixall, you're ok...There are some people who get on here and their only purpose is to bash Buck for one reason or another. No one dislikes constructive criticism, we enjoy it. Jeff will jump in and try to solve an honest problem, which you have brought to the attention of us members, not saying he will though. Buck does read and monitor this forum.
Post a pic of the sides of your knife, then we can see if it's Dymondwood or solid wood...

Just because someone posts negative feedback does NOT mean they hate a product or company.

Obviously I am not the only person that has feelings on this subject. I believe Buck falls short on product description at point of sale.

I read posts where you folks are looking for new ideas for Buck. Here's one: Provide better description of knife. Better and more pictures.

There have been many times I have not decided to make a purchase until after you folks have represented it. You do that well.
Do you want a better Buck, or just to discount anyone that disagrees with your illusions and close the thread. I am more open minded and intelligent than that.

I don't want Buck to have customers that haven't discovered this resource to be unhappy and never do business with them again, all based upon a purchase with poor product description.

Just because we /you know, doesn't mean the average consumer does. They do not live and breath this stuff.

Yeah I like the knife. I will probably keep it. Whining accusations I can do without.

Fixall, you're ok...There are some people who get on here and their only purpose is to bash Buck for one reason or another. No one dislikes constructive criticism, we enjoy it. Jeff will jump in and try to solve an honest problem, which you have brought to the attention of us members, not saying he will though. Buck does read and monitor this forum.
Post a pic of the sides of your knife, then we can see if it's Dymondwood or solid wood...

I've noticed that and I don't get it. There seems to be a group of people who hate on wonderful companies like Buck and Spyderco solely because they have a large (well earned) following. There are companies much more deserving of the ire from those individuals. Because of the way Buck listens and responds to their customers, as well as the way they stand behind their products and workers, has led them to become a company that I respect more than almost any other.

I was a little taken aback when someone suggested the thread be closed just because Dymondwood was called plywood though. That seems a little oversensitive and counterproductive to the improvement of Buck's products. Sometimes I feel "superfans/fanboys" can be almost as damaging to a company's sales as the trolls (I'm not calling any of you "fanboys" or "superfans"... I'd put us in the "enthusiast" category, lol).

I actually just sent the 5160 and "oak" 110 back to C&C today. I felt a little weird about it since I've had it so long, but it was still unused and they were adamant that sending it back was the correct path (it was also supposed to come with a USA made sheath but came with a sheath made in Mexico). It was most definitely a laminate though. The layers were very easily visible and it was confirmed by C&C's customer service (who then immediately sent an email to a team member to change the listings).

Or were you talking about the Buck 111? If that's what you mean, mine hasn't come in just yet but I will be just fine with walnut Dymondwood on this particular piece. I just wanted the solid, real oak on the 5160 110 as a tribute to my Grandfather who hated composite handled tools and made a lot of things out of spring steel.

Last edited:
I was a little taken aback when someone suggested the thread be closed just because Dymondwood was called plywood though.

I think you are mixing two separate posts together. One post suggested closing the thread for unspecified poor information. The other post tried to point out that Dymondwood is not plywood.

Bert

Yeah I like the knife. I will probably keep it. Whining accusations I can do without.

Glad you like the knife...
If you're referring to me about "Whining accusations" that's not true...You haven't been here long enough to know what this forum was like with Michael5135 and verpil...They almost destroyed this forum and Michael started the same at the BCCI forum. He's been banned by both...

Besides all of that, I wasn't talking about YOU or Fixall....

I think you are mixing two separate posts together. One post suggested closing the thread for unspecified poor information. The other post tried to point out that Dymondwood is not plywood.

Bert

You're correct. Looking back, I think I must have assumed they were referencing the plywood comment when they said the information was misleading. My bad.

Now this I know! Your Buck knife and leatherwork pictures make me drool on a daily basis, lol.

I just ordered a Sprint Pro in marbled carbon fiber because of your posts. :D

A few ppl bought those recently. Those are really cool looking. There's a recent thread with pics somewhere lol

Sure stir the pot...:D:D:D:D:D Cool Knife!! The difference between Dymondwood and Real Ebony....

He just thinks he's sooooooo special with his "real" wood knife.......pfttt whatever :rolleyes::D:D

It is purdy. Not to many people are popping up with the transition knifes. Idk if it's cause there weren't that many or ppl just don't notice like we do. Either way the ebony is nice.

Funny thing, I picked several up from WM at the same time. Only the box with the genuine ebony sticker, and it had the ebony and a 110 auto sheath, and the other a regular leather sheath. Couple of head scratchers there...

I am looking forward to a finger grooved ebony 110 coming I bought during the sale going on right now, JB and Makael pictures sure convinced me I needed one of those beauties!:thumbsup:

Having worked with wood for years making furniture, there just is applications where a laminated wood product is the correct choice for longevity without wood movement causing problems.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to a finger grooved ebony 110 coming I bought during the sale going on right now, JB and Makael pictures sure convinced me I needed one of those beauties!:thumbsup:

Having worked with wood for years making furniture, there just is applications where a laminated wood product is the correct choice for longevity without wood movement causing problems.
your gonna like the fg ebony. just a great knife.

now if I could get a drop point in cpm154 fg with the colored ebony. just wow that would be.....

Back