What would Redmeadow drive, if Redmeadow could drive...

My step-dad ordered a one year only option 428 1969 Pontiac Lemans Safari station wagon with a TH400 transmission; moving to California from Texas somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico in the early summer of 1971, a Winged Warrior (probably a Plymouth) came up and Gene decided to race; mom told him to back off somewhere around 110/120, and that big beautiful beast left us behind like we were standing still. Made a big impression on a nine year old...

Winged.jpg

The Redmeadow crew has been rocking these little crawlers lately. These things are incredibly agile and fun.
20210403_193644-01.jpeg

One of my sons has the Axial Scout. It’s crazy how much you can customize those things. Lights, suspension, etc.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Redcat Scout last year.

I found one that was used twice on Facebook marketplace for $200 and passed on it because I'm really good at talking myself out of stuff.

Last edited:
So I have to admit I'm nerding out on these 1/24th scale minis as much as the kids are. The wife asked what I wanted for my birthday......

PRO349900-2.jpg

(It's a clear body kit that you paint yourself, I'm thinking maroon on black)

I almost pulled the trigger on the Redcat Scout last year.

I found one that was used twice on Facebook marketplace for $200 and passed on it because I'm really good at talking myself out of stuff.
Is that a 1/10th scale? That course looks fun.

I'm pretty good at putting off purchases long enough to talk myself out of them, I'm not gonna be able to.resist these. I'm building a crawler course in the bed of the early 50's F3 that I doubt I'll ever get around to rebuilding.

Is that a 1/10th scale? That course looks fun.

I'm pretty good at putting off purchases long enough to talk myself out of them, I'm not gonna be able to.resist these. I'm building a crawler course in the bed of the early 50's F3 that I doubt I'll ever get around to rebuilding.

Yes, 1/10th scale. They can be found for $300 but are easier to find for $329.

I really should have bought the used one for $200 but I thought, "this person bought it, used it twice and got bored with it. I'd probably do the same", so I didn't jump on it. :rolleyes:

They were available in blue or orange. The one for sale was the blue one that I wanted. This year they come in bright green or violet purple. I'm not diggin' either one.

Back