What would Redmeadow drive, if Redmeadow could drive...

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Melvin-Purvis, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    My step-dad ordered a one year only option 428 1969 Pontiac Lemans Safari station wagon with a TH400 transmission; moving to California from Texas somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico in the early summer of 1971, a Winged Warrior (probably a Plymouth) came up and Gene decided to race; mom told him to back off somewhere around 110/120, and that big beautiful beast left us behind like we were standing still. Made a big impression on a nine year old...

Winged.jpg

2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    The Redmeadow crew has been rocking these little crawlers lately. These things are incredibly agile and fun.
    20210403_193644-01.jpeg

Ron L likes this.
  3. Ron L

Ron L Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    One of my sons has the Axial Scout. It’s crazy how much you can customize those things. Lights, suspension, etc.

Rupestris likes this.
  4. greatscoot

greatscoot Some other kind of crazy. Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Bugati Royale.
    Bugati Rpyale.jpg

jlauffer likes this.
  5. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    And kids today think 30" rims are something new :rolleyes:.

:p

greatscoot likes this.
  6. Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    I almost pulled the trigger on the Redcat Scout last year.

I found one that was used twice on Facebook marketplace for $200 and passed on it because I'm really good at talking myself out of stuff.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Melvin-Purvis, greatscoot and Ron L like this.
  7. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    So I have to admit I'm nerding out on these 1/24th scale minis as much as the kids are. The wife asked what I wanted for my birthday......

[​IMG]

(It's a clear body kit that you paint yourself, I'm thinking maroon on black)

8. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Is that a 1/10th scale? That course looks fun.

I'm pretty good at putting off purchases long enough to talk myself out of them, I'm not gonna be able to.resist these. I'm building a crawler course in the bed of the early 50's F3 that I doubt I'll ever get around to rebuilding.

9. Rupestris

Mar 1, 2006
    Yes, 1/10th scale. They can be found for $300 but are easier to find for $329.

I really should have bought the used one for $200 but I thought, "this person bought it, used it twice and got bored with it. I'd probably do the same", so I didn't jump on it. :rolleyes:

They were available in blue or orange. The one for sale was the blue one that I wanted. This year they come in bright green or violet purple. I'm not diggin' either one.