What would you like to see a knife from CPK do?

I'm thinking of some real worlds test to do using a knife from CPK.

So far the more extreme things I have seen Nathan baton a 2x4, cut a cinderbock and some nails.

I have a few ideas that I have not seen done with one yet, but want to know what ideas everyone else has, and I will do my best to accommodate them.

Unless it involves "Lorien's thing" or something illegal I will get caught for.

So far here is what I have planned.

1.) as many tasks as possible during a demolition and renovation of a couple rooms in my basement. So will be some 50+ year old walls, plaster not drywall. 50+ year old wood that is rock hard, plumbing, heating, electrical all that good stuff.

2.) As a foot hold. Kinda basic, but watching the video of Nathan bending a LC makes me wonder how rigid 3V is it is under a more realistic load.

3.) The cat(s) that keep shitting in my garden beds. I've been watching Lorien throw the LC to harness the greatness

4.) A windshield in a car, as well as a trunk lid, hood, door panel, or something depending on what I can figure out.

That seems like a reasonable place to start.

What do you guys think?

Too many not-normally-knife-task knife tests and it'll start looking like a Cold Steel advert.

Too many not-normally-knife-task knife tests and it'll start looking like a Cold Steel advert.

The car thing is the only thing I can see that fits in there. I've tested a glass breaker on a side window, but that's it.

I have used a knife as a foot hold but I never needed to. I've also used one as an anchor point for a dog. It was kind of necessary to secure the dog by his harness and it what was on hand. Arguably I could have used something else but didn't as that was there and worked.

Is that kinda what you meant?

To be honest, I have never seen a Cold Steel advert. I will look them up.

Edit: I just watched the Chaos series one. That was pretty funny. I was thinking of something more serious. I honestly consider what I am about to do with my EDC knife before I do it. Sometimes even tape I just tear off rather than cut as I am not in the mood to clean goo off my edge. I'm wondering what the point is, with this new HT that we don't worry anymore.

Last edited:
Cut a bunch of steel belted car tire treads off. That is, cut a tire so that the tread is the only thing left in one piece. My granddad uses these as potato stackers:

1. Plant potato
2. Once it grows up out of the ground, lay a tire tread so that the potato planted in step one is in the center
3. Fill the tire with good growin' dirt.
4. Repeat as many times as the season allows.
5 come picking time, knock the stack over and you've got a ton of taters in way less used horizontal space.

So, cut the treads, in one piece, off of a bunch of steel belted car tires.

Pleaseandthankyou.

Now that's one heck of a way to test the edge^^^^
Just clean knife before chopping those taters up lol :)

Cut a bunch of steel belted car tire treads off. That is, cut a tire so that the tread is the only thing left in one piece. My granddad uses these as potato stackers:

1. Plant potato
2. Once it grows up out of the ground, lay a tire tread so that the potato planted in step one is in the center
3. Fill the tire with good growin' dirt.
4. Repeat as many times as the season allows.
5 come picking time, knock the stack over and you've got a ton of taters in way less used horizontal space.

So, cut the treads, in one piece, off of a bunch of steel belted car tires.

Pleaseandthankyou.

I'll start with one and go from there. I don't need my house lookin' like a junkyard lol.

Chop an ice block apart.

Cut a thick, free hanging rope.

Cut into a pig.

Hang over a wood beam and do pull-ups off of it.

Oh wait...

whittle a hair

I would like to see a CPK knife show up on my doorstep. 😉

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I lost today too, it happens! I had a toddler on my lap and I didn't have the heart to put him down when he said no. He's not old enough to understand "Go stand there for a few minutes so daddy can mash keys and try to win." How would I have felt if I did put him down crying to win a knife hmmm?

Like... You won a knife, but... YOU LOOSEEEEEE!

Karma would've slapped you upside the head for sure!

As far as testing goes I think edge retention vs older recipe 3V would be interesting, like comparing a S!K with a Field Knife in cardboard cutting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mann.. Come hunting season I'll get some field dressing in and try to remember to get some action shots and see how it performs against bone, meat and guts and other elements in the moment.

Too bad I have to wait till fall to perform this test. It's no fun doing it on slabs of beef in the comforts of ones kitchen. :p

I lost today too, it happens! I had a toddler on my lap and I didn't have the heart to put him down when he said no. He's not old enough to understand "Go stand there for a few minutes so daddy can mash keys and try to win." How would I have felt if I did put him down crying to win a knife hmmm?

Like... You won a knife, but... YOU LOOSEEEEEE!

Can't blame you. I love my little boy. Year and a half. Wonderful fun times with that guy.

Back