Whatcha got on order ?

view

https://www.bladeforums.com/account/th-attachment-manager/999563/view

bet they shrink down as you wear and wash them. My hats always do. Wearing them keeps them stretched to your head size but nothing keeps them stretched in the other direction so they get shorter.

I bought a Tilley this year and love it. The mantis seemed to like it too.

I have two old cross pens I keep filled with Fischer space pen refills.

I just received the new Becker version of the Kephart knife. It’s very nice.

I just ordered a Citizens eco drive pro master dive watch. As a reward for making a weight loss goal.

I also just ordered a semi custom sheath. It is a factory Buck 124 sheath with a 110 sheath sewn onto it.

I have a Randall due in February. 5 years goes by faster than you think! Lol!

I ordered C-A-T tourniquets for myself and for Christmas presents. (fingers crossed should be here the 24th).

I’m headed into the new year with enough hats, tools, knives, pens, guns, holsters, and ammo to last me the rest of my life. All my collecting interests are satisfied.

I’m done buying stuff. I’m going to enjoy the stuff I own instead of lusting after the next thing. I’m focused on my health and well being. Life is good today!

Last edited:
View attachment 1041835 I bet they shrink down as you wear and wash them. My hats always do. Wearing them keeps them stretched to your head size but nothing keeps them stretched in the other direction so they get shorter.

I bought a Tilley this year and love it. The mantis seemed to like it too.

I have two old cross pens I keep filled with Fischer space pen refills.

I just received the new Becker version of the Kephart knife. It’s very nice.

I just ordered a Citizens eco drive pro master dive watch. As a reward for making a weight loss goal.

I also just ordered a semi custom sheath. It is a factory Buck 124 sheath with a 110 sheath sewn onto it.

I ordered C-A-T tourniquets for myself and for Christmas presents. (fingers crossed should be here the 24th).

I’m headed into the new year with enough hats, tools, knives, pens, guns, holsters, and ammo to last me the rest of my life. All my collecting interests are satisfied.

I’m done buying stuff. I’m going to enjoy the stuff I own instead of lusting after the next thing. I’m focused on my health and well being. Life is good today!
Could be.
There's a noticeable difference in the width of the two main pannel sections though.

Gorgeous! But you can’t leave us with just a picture, how about a little info?

It’s a reproduction of the Winchester 1873. In the early 1900s Winchester coined the phrase “The Gun That Won The West”. It’s a descendant of the Henry rifle from the later years of the Civil War. Or “That Damn Yankee Gun You Load on Sunday and Shoot The Rest of The Week”. The military didn’t purchase it but one Northern Army Unit did and so did a number of individual soldiers. After all at the time any repeater was much better than any single shot rifle. But the Army objected because they thought for one thing that soldiers would waste to many rounds. Anyway first their was the Henry, then the Winchester 1866 or Yellowboy, and then the Winchester 1873. And along the way various improvements occurred such as a closed magazine tube wher the open tube would allow dirt to get in. The Kings loading gate vs loading from the end of the tube which not only allowed them to put a wood forearm on the barrel to prevent your hands from getting burned but also allowed you to reload on the fly. Separate magazine tubes which made barrels cheaper to manufacture. The progression from brass receivers to steel which where stronger material. Also the Henry and Winchester 1866 are rimfire rifles where as the Winchester 73 is a centerfire rifle, but all of which where designed for pistol caliber ammunition and as you can guess where extremely popular and handy back in the late 1800’s.

Then there’s the famous movie Winchester 73 which stars Jimmy Stewart and the story of his Winchester 73. Anyway original production of the Winchester 73 started in 1873 and lasted I believe into the early 1900s long after the Winchester 1892 which was the next progression in this particular rifle came out.

Currently there are a couple different places you can purchase one of these reproduction rifles but each of them have there pluses and minuses and neither are completely faithful to the original design. Uberti from Italy is one and their reproductions are more closely like the originals but their internals are rougher, their wood is softer, and their soft headed screws tend to look rougher. Be prepared to potentially due a bit of work on these guns but they are a bit cheaper than those from Miroku’s. QC overall just not as good as the Winchester Miroku’s which are made in Japan. They have the Winchester name but the branding also indicates that they were made in Japan and their guns are not as true to the original design although they are Winchester just now they are owned by Browning. Overall fit and finish are excellent on the Japanese Miroku’s.

Anyhow my desire was to get a few of these reproductions as originals are collectors items and can be fairly expensive. Besides in actuality the guns being produced today are much better than those produced originally mainly because of the advanced metallurgy being used today.

Being an older guy like myself and growing up during the days of popular western movies and TV nd starting out with a lever BBGun I have since wanted a few lever guns. Anyway I currently have a few to include a vintage Winchester 9422, Henry Golden Boy, and Henry Big Boy Silver. But still had a great desire to get a few old style lever guns. The additional criteria was that I wanted something with good looking furniture as well. So anyway I decided the Winchester 1866 because of it’s brass frame and good looks would be first. However since securing but not yet getting one of those I found that the Winchester 1873 that I wanted was getting harder to find. So here we are I purchased a Winchester 1873 and a few weeks from now I should also have my Winchester 1866. Both rifles are 2018 Shot Show Deluxe versions that come with the Walnut IV/V stock. The other versions of these rifles do not offer the fancier wood so this is why I opted to get these versions besides there were a couple other details such as octagon barrel, checkered stock, and cold case hardened receiver on the 1873 and such that appealed to me.

Anyway that’s kind of it in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 315
I’ve got a safe full of levers but nothing of that vintage or reproductions of that vintage. My most recent came in the other day. A Marlin Waffle top .30-30 made in 1949.
1-A20903-F-0180-43-E4-9328-8-F9681-B47971.jpg

Very nice. I’m actually strongly considering a Marlin. I really like how easy they are to disassemble.

Only thing for myself is a bahco 30 in. Bow saw blade for dry wood. I'm about to quit being nice over a quilt my wife wanted that I ordered in November that isn't here yet

Only thing for myself is a bahco 30 in. Bow saw blade for dry wood. I'm about to quit being nice over a quilt my wife wanted that I ordered in November that isn't here yet
Good luck getting it sorted out, I just plain hate waiting for packages in the mail.
Even worse is when your town uses PO boxes and they might not be open when it arrives.

Hopefully this solves my battery storage issue. Gonna repurpose this for civilian use on my work bag and attach it to the loop field. Hate digging for batteries especially when you don't have time. Made in the USA :thumbsup:

After being shipped late it still arrived on time! Impressed with the quality (seems bomb proof). Fits well on my pack (shock cord for extra security). Discovered it fits an altoids tin like a glove! However the elastic insert doesn't wanna hold AAA's very well can anyone recommend a battery case or insert that holds AAA's securely? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Besides knives what kind of gear do you have coming ?

I've got a Fisher stowaway pen and a 2 pack of Perma pic reusable pocket toothpicks coming.

I've been wanting a smaller pocker sized pen for a while and yesterday the opportunity upgrade presented itself.
My dad saw my chrome Cross Century and admired it remembering the one he had been gifted many years ago so I went ahead and gave it to him then placed my order for the Fisher stowaway I'd been interested in trying out.

The Perma pic is something I had a long time ago and forgot about till now, I haven't carried any of my Vic's in a few weeks and have realized carrying them just for the toothpick isn't always practical.
Instead of filling up the old toothpick holder with disposable wooden toothpicks went on the search for something reusable and rediscovered these.

That's what I've got coming, for myself anyways.
When I first saw your post about the Perma-Pics I thought they were rather silly. Got to thinking about it some more and they seemed like a practical item to have around.

I just received a 5-pack and I'm a pickin' and a grinnin' as we speak. Seriously though, I think I'm gonna like these. Thanks for the post.:thumbsup:

When I first saw your post about the Perma-Pics I thought they were rather silly. Got to thinking about it some more and they seemed like a practical item to have around.

I just received a 5-pack and I'm a pickin' and a grinnin' as we speak. Seriously though, I think I'm gonna like these. Thanks for the post.:thumbsup:
You're welcome and I'm glad I brought a great product to your attention, I actually plan on ordering some more for spares and maybe to give to family I think might like one.

currently one goes in my pocket when I'm at home and one in my work bag for after lunch.

I ordered me a belated Christmas present. A pair of Celestron 15x70 Skymaster binocs. These aren't really designed to look at game. They're made to mount on a tripod and view outer space. Galaxies and nebulas.
Or as my mom used to say, the man on the moon. I can't wait for this summer, out in the country in WV where there's no lights from the city.

I just placed an order on some polarized Fuse replacement lenses for my REVO re4058 sunglasses.
They were a gift years ago and have been excellent, but it's time for some new lenses.
They were priced very reasonably too at $35 +$1.99 shipping, they include a nice microfiber bag for them too.

I've got a christy.co companion knife coming too.

I also placed an order for some Wilde #6N 6" angle nose slipjoint pliers.
I wanted a small pair of water pump style pliers for work and they had to have a rust resistant finish, unlike my Channellock #426 these are a polished chrome which should work out well.

H&S - great thread idea. It's interesting what turn's some people on or blows up their skirt.
The binocs turn me on, I've always been interested in the constellations and beyond. Some of those pics from the Hubble telescope can just blow a person's mind.

Placed another order for a NOS Craftsman precision screwdriver with interchangeable shanks
Much better than a precision bit driver that often doesn't fit into screw holes on small screws.

Craftsman used to be the number one name in affordable tools, but now they're just a shell of what they used to be and it'll take Stanley-B&D / Lowe's a long time to build the brand back up and bring as much production as possible back to the States.
Luckily there was so much of everything made that it's still available at affordable prices online.

These weren't ordered, but I did just bring them home from the hardware store.

H&S - great thread idea. It's interesting what turn's some people on or blows up their skirt.
The binocs turn me on, I've always been interested in the constellations and beyond. Some of those pics from the Hubble telescope can just blow a person's mind.
I thought it would be great to see what kind of things people buy that aren't knives too, from hobbies to necesseties it could be anything.
For me it's mostly been tools I've been acquiring as of late, I need to finish filling out my toolbox In the garage and on top of buying the things I don't have I want to gradually phase out any remaining cheap imports.

It’s a reproduction of the Winchester 1873. In the early 1900s Winchester coined the phrase “The Gun That Won The West”. It’s a descendant of the Henry rifle from the later years of the Civil War. Or “That Damn Yankee Gun You Load on Sunday and Shoot The Rest of The Week”. The military didn’t purchase it but one Northern Army Unit did and so did a number of individual soldiers. After all at the time any repeater was much better than any single shot rifle. But the Army objected because they thought for one thing that soldiers would waste to many rounds. Anyway first their was the Henry, then the Winchester 1866 or Yellowboy, and then the Winchester 1873. And along the way various improvements occurred such as a closed magazine tube wher the open tube would allow dirt to get in. The Kings loading gate vs loading from the end of the tube which not only allowed them to put a wood forearm on the barrel to prevent your hands from getting burned but also allowed you to reload on the fly. Separate magazine tubes which made barrels cheaper to manufacture. The progression from brass receivers to steel which where stronger material. Also the Henry and Winchester 1866 are rimfire rifles where as the Winchester 73 is a centerfire rifle, but all of which where designed for pistol caliber ammunition and as you can guess where extremely popular and handy back in the late 1800’s.

Then there’s the famous movie Winchester 73 which stars Jimmy Stewart and the story of his Winchester 73. Anyway original production of the Winchester 73 started in 1873 and lasted I believe into the early 1900s long after the Winchester 1892 which was the next progression in this particular rifle came out.

Currently there are a couple different places you can purchase one of these reproduction rifles but each of them have there pluses and minuses and neither are completely faithful to the original design. Uberti from Italy is one and their reproductions are more closely like the originals but their internals are rougher, their wood is softer, and their soft headed screws tend to look rougher. Be prepared to potentially due a bit of work on these guns but they are a bit cheaper than those from Miroku’s. QC overall just not as good as the Winchester Miroku’s which are made in Japan. They have the Winchester name but the branding also indicates that they were made in Japan and their guns are not as true to the original design although they are Winchester just now they are owned by Browning. Overall fit and finish are excellent on the Japanese Miroku’s.

Anyhow my desire was to get a few of these reproductions as originals are collectors items and can be fairly expensive. Besides in actuality the guns being produced today are much better than those produced originally mainly because of the advanced metallurgy being used today.

Being an older guy like myself and growing up during the days of popular western movies and TV nd starting out with a lever BBGun I have since wanted a few lever guns. Anyway I currently have a few to include a vintage Winchester 9422, Henry Golden Boy, and Henry Big Boy Silver. But still had a great desire to get a few old style lever guns. The additional criteria was that I wanted something with good looking furniture as well. So anyway I decided the Winchester 1866 because of it’s brass frame and good looks would be first. However since securing but not yet getting one of those I found that the Winchester 1873 that I wanted was getting harder to find. So here we are I purchased a Winchester 1873 and a few weeks from now I should also have my Winchester 1866. Both rifles are 2018 Shot Show Deluxe versions that come with the Walnut IV/V stock. The other versions of these rifles do not offer the fancier wood so this is why I opted to get these versions besides there were a couple other details such as octagon barrel, checkered stock, and cold case hardened receiver on the 1873 and such that appealed to me.

Anyway that’s kind of it in a nutshell.

I know the process well. Learning about them is a big part of the experience.

I learned to shoot on a Winchester 9422 then bought a full sized 94 in 30-30 when I turned 16. Today I can't shoot them anymore. Since I grew to 6'-4" and 220lbs with a ridiculous LOP they're like a toy to me now.

I thought it would be great to see what kind of things people buy that aren't knives too, from hobbies to necesseties it could be anything.
For me it's mostly been tools I've been acquiring as of late, I need to finish filling out my toolbox In the garage and on top of buying the things I don't have I want to gradually phase out any remaining cheap imports.
Shoot, I'm 63 and I was an auto mechanic for awhile (Cadillac, Olds, and Int. Scout Dealership) where I acquired a lot of mechanics tools. Then a Journeyman in the Carpenters Union for years. So PLENTY of carpentry tools. I think I have 15 or 16 different hammers.
My Dad retired from a chemical plant in WV where he was in the Maint. Dept. At retirement, he brought home 2 huge rolling toolboxes, looked at my brother and me and said, "Take what you want boys!
At this stage in my life, I'm after the things that I said, Oh, I'm gonna get one of those some year.
Now is one year. :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Back