Whatcha got on order ?

At the moment, nothing. But with all the sharpening stuff I've been ordering lately, the Amazon delivery guy is going to wonder if I've fallen ill.

not jumping on the micro Knipex bandwagon
But you totally should. A little 4" cobra xs is gonna be better than those little 4" snap on slip joint pliers any day of the week.

Speaking of which...

I finally broke down and got a knipex pliers wrench xs. After so many months of being patient, I just got tired of waiting and I figured I'd better go ahead and get it now. 😔

But you totally should. A little 4" cobra xs is gonna be better than those little 4" snap on slip joint pliers any day of the week.

Speaking of which...

I finally broke down and got a knipex pliers wrench xs. After so many months of being patient, I just got tired of waiting and I figured I'd better go ahead and get it now. 😔
I prefer standard straight jaws for pocket carry.

For me it's more about pulling than wrenching, and the cobra configuration would be far inferior for this in my book.

The 4” Cobra is great for pulling things especially fingers.

And the bait continues, but I just don't feel like biting.

If I ever get a chance to see a pair in person somewhere that might change things, but I don't know where that would happen.

some Robertson drivers for the arsenal of air-gunsmithing tools.

I've also got another Crosman 2240 on the way, an aluminum lefty breech for it, and some other odds and ends.

Attachments

• s-l400 (19).jpg
    s-l400 (19).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
They really are tempting.

I just gotta pass because I'm mostly doing twisting and pulling with my pocket pliers, and while those are probably straight enough and do other things better I'm just not doing the other things much.
One of the jobs that they do best is loosening (twisting) and pulling Champagne corks.

One of the jobs that they do best is loosening (twisting) and pulling Champagne corks.
That's definitely not something I've got a need for, but that's another nod for their versatility I suppose.

Btw do these have checkered teeth at the tips like my Snapon 44acf ?
That's something I've found I really like.

That's definitely not something I've got a need for, but that's another nod for their versatility I suppose.

Btw do these have checkered teeth at the tips like my Snapon 44acf ?
That's something I've found I really like.
No, they have parallel grooves at a right angle to the length of the pliers. I should have mentioned that the Mini Cobras do an excellent job of attaching garden hoses to faucets.

Last edited:
My little 4" Knipex Pliers Wrench shipped. 😁 It should be here early next week.

Do I need it? No. But I just had to get one anyway. I waited so long before I finally caved. Maybe I'm just overreacting or making excuses, but with everything going on in the world, I didn't want to risk missing out on the chance to get one while I still could.

It's such a cool little toy anyway. It's well worth having just to admire it. The Cobra XS is cheaper and way more useful, but the little parallel jaws on the Pliers Wrench XS are just next level awesome.

I ordered a 4pc Hanson 3 row socket tray set.
51zDvNdhNeL._AC_SY580_.jpg

I just received this NOS US made 120pc Master mechanic socket set ( everything except the ratchets which I didn't want / need ), and this hateful oversized blow moulded case is not staying.s-l400 (20).jpg
This set is noticeably better quality than the tail end Craftsman stuff from 20 years ago, and it deserves better than this hateful case so I ordered the organizers to free it from this plastic tomb.
Nice wrenches, great F&F all around, fluted corners on the sockets, just a pretty darn good set.
Somebody in the Apex group was probably responsible for it.

Last edited:
Some Hav-a-hank bandannas. Black Paisley. US-made. Thicker cloth and a tad bigger than the ones you normally find.

Back