Whats a good gym knife, what do you use?

I don't carry a knife at the gym.

That's just silly.

Besides, why would I need a knife at the gym when I've got GUNS LIKE THESE:

SuperStock_1566-748913.jpg

I'd opt for a 64 ounce stainless steel Klean Kanteen instead of a knife if you were thinking of self defense purposes. I carry that thing with me everywhere. It'd do in a pinch.

Everyone else beat me to it by saying knives would just get in the way in the gym.

But it's the gym. If someone tried to attack me, I would grab the nearest dumbbell, plate, barbell, rope attachment, etc.

I don't find a clipped folder to get in the way at all.

I'd clonk an attacker with a weight as well, but I carry my knife (and wallet) as there have been locker room thefts...and not having a car makes it hard to lock it in the car.;)

Can't say I've ever felt the need to carry a knife at a gym as there isn't anything that comes to mind that would need to be cut and I can't recall ever hearing about a need for self defence while working out. On the extremely unlikely chance that was needed then wouldn't grabbing something large and heavy be a much better choice than trying to fumble for a small folder? Or maybe that's just me :)

^^^ weakling ;)

I'll see your Moab and raise u dual gladii :D

Gladiuseseses?

well, honestly it depends. When pumping some serious iron I usually carry my machete, but if I want to go on the lighter side I'll opt for the Ka-bar.

I would trade in my necker for a rape whistle and some pepper spray .....you never know when musclebears are going to attack. Just sayin.

Its not for self defense as much as just knowing that I have a knife with me, Im kind of ocd about it. Besides, I always have a metal water bottle with me so if I have to a solid wack in the head with that would do some pretty serious damage :) Im thinking Ill just go with the enyo or whatever knife is in my pocket that day iwb and if it doesnt work out ill just leave it locked in the locker room. And my gym is a pretty nice one, not really a reason to carry a knife, the area around the gym however is a different story

A Cold Steel TWO HANDED GREAT SWORD. And a pyramid shaped hat made of aluminum foil.

I understand what you are saying TheAmateur. I buy knives for specific locations even though I may never need them. It's nice to know it is there, but mostly for me, it's an excuse to buy another knife :) Upcoming funeral? I need a new funeral knife, maybe something all black (out of mourning). Children's bday party? Better buy a multicolored knife to go along with the party atmosphere and to cut the cake. Mother-in-law coming for an extended stay? Better pick something up that I can off myself with quickly.

In any case, if it were me, I would get something in H1 so it doesn't rust, or a fixed Brous Silient soldier for a neck knife.

I buy knives for specific locations even though I may never need them. It's nice to know it is there, but mostly for me, it's an excuse to buy another knife :) Upcoming funeral? I need a new funeral knife, maybe something all black (out of mourning). Children's bday party? Better buy a multicolored knife to go along with the party atmosphere and to cut the cake. Mother-in-law coming for an extended stay? Better pick something up that I can off myself with quickly.

Sound thinking. :D

(imagine, a group of knife-knuts trying to tell someone why they shouldn't be carrying a knife...)

A Gym Bowie, of course... :p

:D

:thumbup::thumbup: Or you could always carry a sword, and spartan style helmet, depending on how ripped you are you could get the whole Spartan, look going, cape, and leather whitey tighties and all. When you enter the gym , Just Yell THIS IS SPARTA!!!! In your Best Spartan Voice, and if working out with friends and they are struggling with that last rep, memorize all the pep talk lines from the movie 300 and quote them to everyone in the gym.

Back