What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Vanadis 4 Extra, 67hrc, handsanding. All day

EpOlSYm.jpg

Diamond abrasive sheets might be worth trying.

https://www.amazon.com/Z-LION-Diamond-Sandpaper-Abrasive-Sanding/dp/B07H7ZDXM4/ref=sr_1_9?qid=1554982258&refinements=p_n_feature_eight_browse-bin:4539398011&s=industrial&sr=1-9

or

https://www.amazon.com/Stadea-HPW107K-Diamond-Hand-Polishing/dp/B01MSJYWGY/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?pd_rd_i=B01MSJYWGY&pd_rd_r=06f00589-5edc-4521-9616-54324c8050b8&pd_rd_w=K0LqN&pd_rd_wg=2v76I&pf_rd_p=5c5ea0d7-2437-4d8a-88a7-ea6f32aeac11&pf_rd_r=RJ8KTJ1R5PGV99SH1DY5&qid=1554982394&refinements=p_n_feature_eight_browse-bin:4539398011&s=industrial

You'd still have to follow with a finer paper for a good satin finish, but they may speed up the process some.

Last edited:
I wanted to share some little EDC knives I have finished recently. Experimented with stonewashing and I really like it, even though it took me some time until I got it right.

Here are 2 small EDC knives in 125SC, 3mm thick. One has a black linen micarta handle with red liners and bronze pins and the other has a stabilized maple ash burl handle with red liners and bronze pins, which creates a stark contrast because of the dark blade, but I quite like it:

Micarta handle:
08sZ38.jpg

69tdeg.jpg

7Qf6ZM.jpg

xmI6ob.jpg

Burl handle:

916dZ9.jpg

lnSmIT.jpg

(in this pic it looks like the blade is darker towards the edge, but thats just me being bad at photography)

NwWcRg.jpg

AzvHaz.jpg

Here is one in my hand so you can better see the size of the two. I have medium hands:
ORLZ5P.jpg

These two I call Obsidian shards, because with the rock pattern on the steel handle and the stonewashing they really look like polished stone under the right light, which is really cool I think:

Te8Ehs.jpg

WwO0fg.jpg

I primarily designed them for a pinch grip with your index finger towards the tip. I think they work quite well for that and give you detailed point control:

UdzDv4.jpg

Let me know what you think

Edit: Images stopped working for some reason...friggin image hosting sites...

Last edited:
I wanted to share some little EDC knives I have finished recently. Experimented with stonewashing and I really like it, even though it took me some time until I got it right.

Here are 2 small EDC knives in 125SC, 3mm thick. One has a black linen micarta handle with red liners and bronze pins and the other has a stabilized maple ash burl handle with red liners and bronze pins, which creates a stark contrast because of the dark blade, but I quite like it:

Micarta handle:
crIsTz.jpg

69tdeg.jpg

m1y7KW.jpg

dXzfSI.jpg

Burl handle:
ZNESu0.jpg

Vv12Or.jpg

(in this pic it looks like the blade is darker towards the edge, but thats just me being bad at photography)

A3Lpj6.jpg

YRhSOq.jpg

Here is one in my hand so you can better see the size of the two. I have medium hands:
Q023i5.jpg

These two I call Obsidian shards, because with the rock pattern on the steel handle and the stonewashing they really look like polished stone under the right light, which is really cool I think:

TOECol.jpg

fuaMSc.jpg

I primarily designed them for a pinch grip with your index finger towards the tip. I think they work quite well for that and give you detailed point control:
UM8ZYg.jpg

Let me know what you think

Those are great, I really like the lines and look of the first two. They look like they would make awesome EDC's.

Back