What's on your " to try " list ?

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
So what are some patterns or specific knives you plan to eventually try out ?
Off the top of my head I've definitely been planning to try out

The case mini Copperlock
The case slimline trapper
The Buck 55
A Coke bottle Jack
And an a single blade Grandaddy Barlow.

The Buck 55 is on it's way, and a Vintage Scout was on my list but got checked off yesterday.

Sowbelly 3.75"+
Stockman with punch and sheepsfoot 4"+
I keep going back and forth on a 5"+ Toothpick. They're fishing knives. And I don't fish. But they look so nice ...

Sowbelly 3.75"+
Stockman with punch and sheepsfoot 4"+
I keep going back and forth on a 5"+ Toothpick. They're fishing knives. And I don't fish. But they look so nice ...

I recently got an old Camillus / Kent fish knife and it Carry's well in a back pocket, really slim and narrow.
Also an old imperial hammer brand toothpick of similar size.
As much as I love to fish I rarely get to, so for me it's just another knife.
I think you owe it to yourself to try one.

(1) Case canoe, especially amber bone CV with Indian rowing canoe etch on main blade.

(2) Case burnt amber bone medium toothpick.

(3) Case small toothpick--probably bone covers.

(4) A gin-u-wine Laguiole knife from France.

(5) An Italian stiletto switchblade.

(6) Bowie knife.

(7) Congress knife. Maybe Case, or old American made knife.

(8) Additional Spanish navajas. (I have an Alabacete knife, so maybe different Spanish patterns, like Sevillan, e.g.)

(9) Scandinavian knives.

So what are some patterns or specific knives you plan to eventually try out ?
Off the top of my head I've definitely been planning to try out

The case mini Copperlock
The case slimline trapper
The Buck 55
A Coke bottle Jack
And an a single blade Grandaddy Barlow.

The Buck 55 is on it's way, and a Vintage Scout was on my list but got checked off yesterday.
Great thread idea. I'll have to post tomorrow.

Zieg

Only a couple. I’d like to try a 40-64 Case knife specifically the 5392 to see what the talk about old case knives is. They do look very nice.
The Case Bose lockback whittler with the clip blade.

Only a couple. I’d like to try a 40-64 Case knife specifically the 5392 to see what the talk about old case knives is. They do look very nice.
The Case Bose lockback whittler with the clip blade.

I would too if I could afford what they go for in good condition, especially if they made a Coke bottle in this era.

I would love to try the #82 Possum Skinner from GEC. I’m afraid it may be a little large for me in the pocket, but I would like to give it a go.

I would love to try the #82 Possum Skinner from GEC. I’m afraid it may be a little large for me in the pocket, but I would like to give it a go.
Definitely not short, but it is pretty slim.

Speaking of large in the pocket, I’m excited about the upcoming Lionsteel 2 blade Barlow, the Warhorse.

A lambsfoot

One of the new Sunfishes in blue stabilized oak from A.G. Russell (this is one I have on order).

A canoe, probably from Case

A GEC 47 Viper

Another Moki, probably a Clio with Damascus blade

A Fallkniven folder

In no particular order...

- Case Teardrop
- Case Tribal or Copperlock
- Case Slimline Trapper
- Lionsteel, um, well, one of them! That new Best Man looks really nice.

:)

I would too if I could afford what they go for in good condition, especially if they made a Coke bottle in this era.
Primary reason I’ve not tried one. Price is high $140-400 on the stag 5392s I want with conditions from used but would still make a good edc to NIB. I’d want an unused one so thats a lot of money for a production knife just to try out. Really can’t justify paying what 2-3 GECs would cost or 4-6 old Schrades if I was going vintage knives

Definitely want to get a lambsfoot after looking at the thread.

I would also like a moki kronos since I've heard such good things...I'd probably go for the smaller version.

Something from Jess Horn eventually.

Case Bose damascus WT or a cattle knife. A pruner would be nice too.

Something from about twenty different custom makers I look at daily.

Back