What's that you're eating?

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I don't think there's a 'picture of what you're eating' thread here, which is a damn shame- after all, we can't all spend all our time on instagram lol!

This is a couple big ole white chanterelles with a couple goldens mixed in that I foraged over the past couple days. Just butter and salt and ermagerd! Delicious!

q4B9UT4.jpg

I don't think there's a 'picture of what you're eating' thread here, which is a damn shame- after all, we can't all spend all our time on instagram lol!

This is a couple big ole white chanterelles with a couple goldens mixed in that I foraged over the past couple days. Just butter and salt and ermagerd! Delicious!

q4B9UT4.jpg

I love me some meaty mushrooms!

Jeannie and I have seen lots of mushrooms while backpacking, but I have zero confidence in identifying any of them. We have a lot of those red "candy" mushrooms down here, and it looks like it's edible according to that link. I believe we have chicken of the woods too, but like I said, I don't think I'll pick any without someone knowledgeable to verify them for me.

I am infinitely more successful in my mushroom hunts than I am in my game hunts. In fact, most of the time, I end up coming home with a ridiculous amount of mushrooms rather than any meat... I need to get out and find some new spots. The fires last year burnt all of my usual haunts to ash.

This is one of the tastiest mushrooms that I have ever harvested - a Bolete. So good.

yner7NT.jpg

A close second is the Lobster Mushroom - I made an elf elk and lobster mushroom stroganoff once with this fungi and I can't rave enough about how amazing it was.

003tDVm.jpg

And obviously, chanterelles and chicken-of-the-woods come in as close thirds. Frankly, I love them all but these are the four most common shrooms that I tend to find.

aRrLO8C.jpg

8pT6rgs.jpg

(Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, Lorien Lorien )

Last edited:

q4B9UT4.jpg

Looks like a collection of little decapitated chickeny lizards.. you monster.

^ that picture makes my pancreas hurt
makes me bowels ache, (can't eat the wheat :( )
I am infinitely more successful in my mushroom hunts than I am in my game hunts. In fact, most of the time, I end up coming home with a ridiculous amount of mushrooms rather than any meat... I need to get out and find some new spots. The fires last year burnt all of my usual haunts to ash.

This is one of the tastiest mushrooms that I have ever harvested - a Bolete. So good.

yner7NT.jpg

A close second is the Lobster Mushroom - I made an elf elk and lobster mushroom stroganoff once with this fungi and I can't rave enough about how amazing it was.

003tDVm.jpg

And obviously, chanterelles and chicken-of-the-woods come in as close thirds. Frankly, I love them all but these are the four most common shrooms that I tend to find.

aRrLO8C.jpg

8pT6rgs.jpg

hey you'll get no argument from me! That being said, I've started a mushroom thread HERE

yner7NT.jpg

003tDVm.jpg

aRrLO8C.jpg

8pT6rgs.jpg

These are amazing. It’s seriously impressive you can ID these and find them. Really cool!

Back