What's the consensus on Buck 113?

No consensus with me concerning the 113.
I would take a folder with this size. Otherwise
I would take the 192.

Haebbie

Last edited:
The pics in this thread forced me to order one with a oak handle.

Imafritz, love your old Bear bow. Betcha it could tell some stories

Unfortunately, no. I have only recently started to bow hunt. A buddy of mine at work actually gave it to me because he doesn't use it. Before me, I think he said he shot maybe 30 arrows with it, way back in the eighties. My buddy looked at it to restring it and said everything was like brand new. He changed the sight, silencers and rest and adjusted the draw length for me. I have only hunted with it a few times and never saw a deer. Thought about shooting a turkey with it but not in season so my good hunter ethics got the better of me. It has been replaced by a PSC before the fall season, haven't seen a deer with it yet. Maybe I should stick to rifle and flintlock.

It is a great knife, bit small for my hand though. Great looking and performs well.

I am curious to what the consensus would be on a high end 113.
Something to the tune of: S35VN with G-10 handles/Bolsters, Maybe a Kydex sheath?
Would make a really nice light weight user or tactical offering...

Cabelas Canada had all their Buck knives on sale few weeks ago. I picked up a 501, 110, and 119, and I saw the 113. I didn't buy it but it stuck out in my mind, had to drive an hour back to get one lol. The drop in sheath and lines of it, I was mesmorized.

Since you resurrected this thread I’ll answered the OP. I want to like the 113, its almost perfect except in my opinion the grind at the choil is wrong.

It should start at the other side of the choil. View attachment 2473750View attachment 2473751Here is one I fixed crudely. View attachment 2473752

I wholeheartedly agree. The grind at the choil is the one thing that I don't like about this knife.
4R0QEHCl.jpg

The 113 is a knife I always look longingly at, but have never bought.

I just can't imagine that I'd carry it often at all. It's a shorter blade than many folders I carry, and a little heavy/bulky for a small fixed blade for EDC or something like that.

I just love the looks of it though! I've made several silver bolster versions on the custom shop web page, but haven't bought one.

The 113 is a knife I always look longingly at, but have never bought.

I just can't imagine that I'd carry it often at all. It's a shorter blade than many folders I carry, and a little heavy/bulky for a small fixed blade for EDC or something like that.

I just love the looks of it though! I've made several silver bolster versions on the custom shop web page, but haven't bought one.
I bought mine intended to carry it a lot. It is a good knife (after I fixed the choil) it has a very functional sheath.

Then I realized I liked 212’s better but they have terrible sheaths. Once I figured out how to fix the sheaths. I began carrying my 212’s a lot and couldn’t be happier.

The whole curved plunge line design was a complete turn off for me from the beginning.

I've always liked the 113.
I think it's very capable for it's size.
I prefer it's full tang design when cutting open deer rib cages while field dressing.

The grind could be better, but it hasn't bothered me before..

I take mine camping and packing. Use it for slicing various food items. Do not use it in any utilitarian fashion. Only cutting meat and veggies. Love mine. I believe mine are all 420.

Back